Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2006 Display Reviews —› Italy: Press Release and soundtrack
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 23, 2006 07:28:55

Montréal, June 22, 2006 – Italian pyrotechnics company Pirotecnica Soldi will present its show entitled “Italy, the World” this Sunday, June 25, at 10 p.m. at La Ronde as part of L’International des Feux Loto-Québec presented by TELUS. This will be the 10th time the Pirotecnica Soldi team, which won a Bronze Jupiter in 1995, has participated in the annual Montréal fireworks competition. The firm first came to Montréal in 1988 and its most recent visit was in 2002.

The fireworks display by the family-owned company will focus on Italy’s connection with the rest of the world. Colours will range from white, to harmonize with soothing musical selections, to Ferrari red, highlighting the Grand Prix of Canada race weekend. The music will take spectators through a wide array of emotions. The show will include music by international artists, as well as Italian musicians including Pavarotti, and performers with Italian roots, such as Madonna. Different chapters in history will be represented by the original music from the films Gladiator and La Vita e bella.

In developing their presentations, the Florence-based company’s pyrotechnicians initially imagine the fireworks show based on the music chosen. They then go to their workshops to create the exclusive pieces that will best represent their creative choices. The pieces are then produced according to traditional methods and virtually all of them are used in the approximately 150 to 200 shows presented each year by the company all over Italy, and in particular in Tuscany. The company, founded in 1869, has developed some specialty pieces over the years, including Roman candles, big Italian shells and jerbs. Pirotecnica Soldi’s pyrotechnicians explain that they see their fireworks as musical photographs in fleeting colours.

Like Québec, Florence celebrates San Giovanni (Saint-Jean), the patron saint of that magnificent Italian city, on June 24. The public holiday is marked by fireworks over the river. The tradition will continue on this side of the Atlantic this Sunday at 10 p.m. when the company’s fireworks light up La Ronde’s Lac des Dauphins.

Musique originale du film Gladiator
Now We Are Free (Gladiator Feat Izzy)
La Vita è Bella (Noah)
I Hate You Then I Love You (Céline Dion & Luciano Pavarotti)
Advertising Space (Robbie Williams)
Army of Lovers (Lee Ryan)
Welcome to Wherever You Are (Bon Jovi)
Only Time (Enya)
Save the Last Dance for Me (Michael Bublé)
Street of Love (The Rolling Stones)
I Belong to You (Eros Ramazzotti & Anastacia)
Just Feel Better (Carlos Santana & Steven Taylor)
Tubthumping (Chumbawamba)
Dragostea Din Tei (Haiducii)
Hung up (Madonna)

Posted: Jun 23, 2006 07:57:26

Wow, that is a very promising show! An Italian display with a finale to a song by Madonna that is truly uptempo with an ABBA flavor: "Hung up"! I just can't help it, but to expect an intense finale, loaded with deafening salutes..........I just can't wait for Sunday evening!

Pierre

Posted: Jun 24, 2006 10:53:58

Indeed, Pierre! I love the selected choice of music for this show and I personally think the final song will provide a really exciting final segment. I love "Hung Up" quite a bit. It is mostly suited for a good ending.

Sounds like they'll have a powerful display like they typically are in the past with addition to a wide variety of colors used throughout. And yes, I'm certain that there will be quite a bit of salutes and massive shells to accompany this display. As a side note, I wonder if Soldi will use girandolas...

Trav.

Posted: Jun 24, 2006 11:45:29   Edited by: PyroDan

Wow. All I can say is that the soundtrack has been "Dan approved". Sounds great, nice beat for finale . Looks to be another promising show for this year. . BTW Trav, I also want to see UFOs, lol. Till tomorrow.

Dan

Posted: Jun 24, 2006 11:52:18

Hi Dan,

Yes, those would also be most welcomed a display like this. And yes, the soundtrack is also "Trav approved". I'm also familar with about 80% of the soundtrack, so things should be most enjoyable for me and all of us, I'm sure.

Trav.

Posted: Jun 24, 2006 13:19:06   Edited by: Smoke

Well, simply wow! I just listened to "Hung Up" several times and it's SO GOOD for an ending!!!! I fell in love with this ending since January! I can't wait for tomorrow night! To make matters even better, there are some soundtracks that also sound nearly equally as good, but not necessarily at that quick type of pace, but moreso the attempt at creativity! I also think most of the songs works well with this sort of approach. Plus, there are many favorites that many people will simply just enjoy.

Finally, as I said in my weather reports in the weather thread, we're in for a pleasant evening.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jun 24, 2006 14:00:36

I anticipate the next show since it will be the 100th display to which I attend from La Ronde! However, I have moderate expectation for Soldi's performance. This firm has competed 9 times and has won 1 Bronze Jupiter... We must recognize that it is not an outstanding record. In 2002, Soldi produced a better performance than previous years but, unfortunately, a technical problem occured during the show. Now, the firing system looks in better shape and Soldi should perform well. And again, the weather conditions are going to be very good for a firework!

Fred

Posted: Jun 24, 2006 20:36:08   Edited by: Smoke

Hi Fred,

You're certainly correct about the weather. We should have a pleasant evening from the data I have before me. In any case, I'll have further updates if anything happens, but I think it will still be nice regardless.

As for Soldi, yes, they've had many appearances in the past and did indeed win the bronze 1 time, which was in 1995. And perhaps you'll have better luck with your 100th display than did Paul!

In any case, my expectations are strong for tomorrow evening.

Edit: It's also quite ironic that I've been talking about the song "Hung Up" for a good ending!

Trav.

Posted: Aug 3, 2006 01:35:15

Hi Fred!!
You've been at La Ronde July 29th???
Oh yeahh, it was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I loved their music!!Oh my God!
So I was just looking for names of soundtracks, and I got on your page!I saw that you wrote down the list of music of another show so I thought maybe you can help me to find this music from final show (july 29th) ...
I'll appreciate that SO MUCH!!
And if you need here's my email - ashanti36@hotmail.com
Thank you!!!
Take care, bye bye!!!

Posted: Aug 3, 2006 07:40:15

Sofia,

The soundtrack of the closing show is available on the official website:

http://www.internationaldesfeuxloto-quebec.com/fr/programmation/BandeS onore.asp?Feu=200

I also invite you to read the short article I have written about this ultimate display and the interview I made with Pierre Walder for PyroPlanet:

http://www.pyroplanet.com/

Fred

Posted: Aug 18, 2006 17:07:26

Hi Fred,
I'm so sorry,I read your message long time ago,but I couldn't reply and say THANK YOU for your help.Very nice of you!!
And I read your article either, pretty intresting.
So have a great time, thank you again!! Bye bye!!!!

Sofia

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019