Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2006 Display Reviews —› Argentina (Cienfuegos) reviews.
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 2, 2006 21:18:14

Post your reviews!

Posted: Jul 2, 2006 21:26:22   Edited by: Smoke

Hey guys,

I just got back from, what I call, a decent (and delayed) performance with plenty of emotional transitions, especially with the beat with the music choice, which I did love entirely, but not all of the music, especially playing "Don't cry for me Argentina" more than once. Since I was predicting and hoping for the winds to die down this evening, it only appeared that they remained strong for much of the evening while I'm surprised that the display even took place at all since the winds remained strong at 10:16-10:17. In any case, the weather took control of this display and gave me the memory of Kimbolton (England) in 2003, just without the rain. Thankfully enough, the display was fired just over about half way in normal firing time. However, the winds did make things chilly and uncomfortable.

The display itself seemed sort of different in the way it was implemented, but the synchronization was imbalanced in many areas while some of the fireworks weren't quite on cue in many segments. The color richness was a little lacking and a touch redundant but was nicely coordinated according to emotional feeling. I was also sort of disappointed with the lack of special effects in some areas, though.

The ending was alright but still lacked the final punch to it. Nevertheless, it was in perfect crescendo and had the right loudness. The long lasting photoflashes at the very end were nice and long, but would have been nice if accompanied with action at higher levels of the sky. Plus, some kept going after the ferris wheel came back on.

All in all, not a totally bad effort from the team, but it could have been much better in many areas. A lot of the display was a touch too quiet, but at least most of these fitted nicely to the music choices. I'll have more details when I get the chance.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 2, 2006 21:38:12

Bonsoir

Je serai bref car je quitte tôt demain pour la pêche à la truite.
Comme les autres soirs j'étais sur le Pont tout juste au dessus du feu.
Les Argentins de Cienfuegos ont offert à un public une performance éblouissante . Je n'ai pas reconnu la firme dont j'avais jugé la prestation en 2003.
Pour moi de l'art pyrotechnique avec un grand A..
Et je puis affirmer que Cienfuegos recevra un Jupiter à la fin de la compétition.Je crois que le jury appréciera beaucoup.

Vous devinez surement que j'ai adoré le spectacle de l'Argentine..YESSS.Comme je me plais à le dire ils m'ont rentré dans leur feu dès les premiers instants et je n'en suis ressorti qu'à la fin de la présentation.Et le monde autour de moi ne cessaient de crier et d'applaudir.

Je n'entrerez pas dans les détails mais j'ai senti dès le départ que ces concepteurs ne venaient pas ici pour niaiser . On sent qu'il se préparent dans les moindres détails depuis plusieurs mois.

Ils ont excellés pour ma part dans tous les critères d'évaluation de la compétition.

Bonne nuit tout le monde

Roger

Posted: Jul 2, 2006 21:49:10   Edited by: Enkil

Alright, well, I really don't think I have much to say about tonight's show.

There's nothing I can really comment about as it seemed to me that it was far from being a serious pyromusical show. Actually, it reminded me a lot of last year's Czech Republic's show. Well, this was probably sightly better than theirs. Either one of them to me definies a real pyromusical show.

Tonight's display was just way too basic! Sure it's good to see all those colorful fireworks here and there, but a pyromusical show at La Ronde is more than just that. It takes a lot of action in the sky with professional creativity and originality, more like Italy's display. You have to mix things and surprise people by exciting them all the way to the finale. Unfortunately, that's not what I saw tonight. You could even tell just by looking at people faces and you'd know that Montrealers don't really expect to see "easy" shows like this at this competition.

Synchronization was simply TOO EASY. I would even tell you that at some points there were hardly any connection between the song and what I was seeing. There was one "emotional" segment where the fireworks just didn't fit with the music because the fireworks were too fast for the slow song. Moreover, I hardly felt any "emotions", mainly because they weren't well planned I suppose, and I guess they just failed at building any emotion.

I was very happy to hear some Argentinian music. It's always better to listen other culture's music, as it bring originality and something different to appreciate. However, there were (not sure if it was Argentinian music) a lot of boring songs and just as well as boring repetitive scenes. Some of the songs really shouldn't have been selected for a pyromusical show. It just didn't make sense.

The quality and the richness of the pieces weren't as good as the last two shows we saw, and they especially lacked originality and special effects.

Had it been a normal fireworks show, I would have said it was a very good show, but since this is a serious competition, I'd say that Cienfuegos' savoir-faire still needs to be improved A LOT.

And finally, the finale had a good build up and of course, they didn't create a fearsome finale - the as usual. We're getting use to it, huh? Whatever happened to 2003, or 2004, and all those previous years!

Other than that, tonight I just enjoyed watching fireworks with certain enjoyable scenes...

My ratings:

1. Italy
2. Switzerland
3. Argentina

PS: Get some real Italian salutes...

Wow, Roger, je sais que je suis un peu "méchant" avec mes commentaires, mais toi et moi avons une vision des choses assez différente. lol (ce n'est pas une reproche, mais plutôt une belle opposition!)

Posted: Jul 2, 2006 23:29:31

Oh! We already have very different opinions about Cienfuegos' show, enough to fuel debate up to next week! I stand between Roger's enthusiasm and Enkil's disappointment.

First of all, I believe that Cienfuegos improves a lot between 2003 and 2006, since the firework goes much more better with the music this time. Synchronization was excellent (but the final pieces which continued a long time after the music ended) and the choice of pyrotechnic effects were often appropriate with the music.

Second, Cienfuegos used all space available, with a lot of nautical effects. Around the 10th minute of the display, I think that approximately 100 nautical fountains (or flares) appear everywhere across the lake. This was fantastic! Also, I really appreciate the large nautical comets during the final part of the display. However, I suspect that some pieces have not been fired since the design was sometime asymetric.

Third, it was very well to listen latino music. When I have seen the soundtrack, I find strange the fact that "Don't cry for me Argentina" appears four times. But there were four very different versions. The last one was a mix between an hymn to Che Guevara and some parts of "Don't cry...". Very interesting choice in my opinion. And the concept related to Eva Perron and Che Guevara unified the show.

The most serious problem with this display, maybe, was that some parts looked empty, with not enough pyrotechnic effects. This was especially true at the beginning of the show, when the sky has become empty several time between sequences of firework effects. The same happened in 2003 and improvement would have been welcomed on this specific point.

On a more superficial side, I was very disappointed by the lack of huge fire balls, like those showed in 2003, which produce warm across the lake. It was so cold tonight with a t-shirt!

Fred

Posted: Jul 3, 2006 08:21:08   Edited by: PyroDan

Hello friends,

Well, it was an interesting show. However, there was way too much repetition in the choice of shells. Unlike Italy's display, Argentina used a lot of regular star shells and Weeping-willow shells. The only difference used for the weeping willows is that some of them ended with different colors instead of the standard white. As Fred pointed it out, the symmetry was not very well balanced. During a few segments, the cakes/candles were only appearing on the left or right (not because of the synchro). Also, there many segments which were simply too calm, such as the part with the golden mines being used continuously for 3 minutes.

The synchro was better than Swizterlands but the quality was not as present. The ending was very nice but the flashs at the end gave an anti-climax felling since instead of speeding up, they were slowing down! Also, using the same song 4 times was more than enough! This display was hard to mark since it wasn't as creative as Italy's, it wasn't as nice as Switzerland's (quality-wise), and the synchro was in between them.

The quality of the materials used was not very, well, "Jupiter friendly". Some of the star shells did not explode in a sphere shape. Some of the weeping willows were empty compared to others. The 12 inche shells were nice but were always star shells or weeping willows. The ground effects was OK, since they weren't using the whole ramp (either left or right). However, they weren't as nice as Italy's. All in all, it was a nice show but not "Jupiter-ready".

Quality: 5.5
Sychro: 7.5
Design: 6
General Appreciation: 7.5
Total: 26.5

So far:
1 - Italy
2 - Swizterland
3 - Argentina

Dan

Posted: Jul 3, 2006 16:55:55   Edited by: Salutes lover

Hi Everyone,

Had the wind been not so strong for Argentina's display, the weather would have been wonderful, if you ask me! When I got on the bridge, I was afraid that the display would be cancelled

I was ready to wait until 22:45 for the fireworks to start, otherwise I would have left due to the fact that I had to get up early this morning. I was afraid I would miss a great finale if I left though

Anyway, I enjoyed the display due to the fact that the sky was dark, clear and because it was dry and windy, there was no smoke to cover the display of colors, making everything look so bright. This was enjoyable, but nothing to stir excitement nor make me feel like screaming, far from that.

As for the soundtrack, not only do I think that "Don't cry for me Argentina" was overplayed, but wasn't it used for other displays in the past also? There are so many songs/music to use....and I must admit I was never fond of that song either!

I did record the finale (Hey Travis ) but I thought finales were supposed to get more intense as they go, not the opposite!!! I must say that I liked the "flashes" at the very end, but as Travis said, they should have been accompanied by other rockets. I am still thinking about last week's "half" finale by Italy........what a missed opportunity to make me scream my lungs out!

As for how I rank the countries so far, one third into the competition already!:

1- Italy
2-Switzerland
3- Argentina

Have a great week guys!

Pierre

Posted: Jul 4, 2006 11:48:45   Edited by: brayno

Go to www.pyroplanet.com for an interview of the Argentina display company, Cienfuegos. We'd like to thank Frédéric Bastien for conducting the interview and providing us with photos of the event. We will have a video of the display up shortly.

Thanks,
Bill
--------------
PyroPlanet.com reporter
www.pyroplanet.com

Posted: Jul 4, 2006 18:59:41

Once again, there is quite the disparity in reviews between those who were at La Ronde and those who saw the display from elsewhere. There were many special effects which could not be seen from anywhere else except the seats at La Ronde or which could only be seen poorly from the bridge. People on the banks of the river would have missed the well synchronized front ramp and only seen the rather slacker synchronization from the other ramps. They would also have missed the astounding comets during the finale which appeared to come from massive nautical shells and used the lake to the fullest extent I've seen.

Some people also commented on the "quiet" salutes at the end. I can assure everyone that this must have been because of the wind. They were certainly loud enough from where I was sitting, but admittedly didn't have quite the same thundering proportions as Soldi used in their display.

Finally, my report is up, photos will follow shortly, as will the report for Italy.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 5, 2006 06:06:35   Edited by: fredbastien

It is very nice to read again a Paul's report! He may be right when he has written that our various reviews are explained by different viewpoints. Nautical effects were terrific and so close to the audience! About the soundtrack, I think that it was a bold choice to include four times "Don't cry..." and the result was interesting. I learnt after the show that one of these versions (with some words in French) has been recorded specially for Cienfuegos' display in Montreal.

However, I agree with Dan that the finale was anti-climactic. In my opinion, it is very important to end fireworks at the same time than music. Obviously, it has not been the case with this show.

Nonetheless, I believe that this performance was very good according to the standard of the competition but, despite a lot of improvement since 2003, I am not sure that we are going to see Cienfuegos on the podium this year. There are six other contestants and I think that some of them may have great surprises in store!

Fred

Posted: Jul 5, 2006 19:07:21   Edited by: Enkil

The video of Argentina is online now. I didn't see it on pyroplanet.com, but here's the link anyway:
http://pyroplanet.com/images/LaRonde06/argentina/Argentina.wmv

Paul may have a point about the different viewpoints, but I checked the video and I still have the same opinion (but I admit I was too harsh after watching the video which was recored from La Ronde).

The issue has already been brought up before and it stirred up a fight. It's not that we're about to have the same problem, far from that.

I just think that even though we're not watching from La Ronde, we just enjoy reporting on what we saw. The reviews and the ratings that I do (which are harsh I know) don't necessarily have to correspond with those who watch the display from La Ronde.

Plus, this thread proves that everyone has different tastes and defines a real show differently. Just take for example Passion and me, he thought it was a beyond excellent show, but I by far didn't, or some may prefer to see intense finales, others look more at creativity and design, etc., and don't mind to see a "cheap" finale.

Either way, we're bound to disagree all the time even if we all watch it from La Ronde.

Sure there were some effects that we missed, but keep in mind that my reviews and ratings are unofficial ones. I'm not allowed to have a say in reality, but I can judge it by the way I see it from where I watched it. Only those who watch from La Ronde would technically have an official opinion.

And no one should think that in the end my ratings must correspond in the same order as the judges' ratings. After all, they bring in different judges and mix the results toghether in order to balance out the general public's opinion who watched it from La Ronde.

I just wanted to make clear my opinion on this.

Posted: Jul 5, 2006 21:08:44

I must say I'm surprised at the negative comments Argentina is getting. I had the chance to have seats at La Ronde, and I must say that this display was one of the most beautiful and complex I have seen in years.

The soundtrack was not at all repetitive: I saw the Evita parts as a recurring theme, but with different kinds of emotions coming through.The colours were a lot better than Italy (that I also viewed from La Ronde), and the whole display was much more inventive. In fact, I much prefer a Tango of fireworks thant the irrelevant rock songs Italy fed us (but that, I guess, appeals mostly for the big-shell loving, summer-time fun fireworks fans and tourists than those loving more artistically-driven displays).

The weeping willow effects were also a recurrent theme, but with different variations in size, colour and effects. Like a work of art, they probably gave themselves a constraint, and explored it deeply, instead of going in all directions.

It was also one of the most emotional displays I have seen, and the Che Guevara part combined with the Evita song was pure bliss.

I really regret the strong winds this evening that made me flee behind the seats (I was recieving all sorts of pieces of debris, sometimes still flaming!), but the experience as a whole was a memorable one, kind of like staying outside in a huge thunderstorm but unable to leave because of the beauty of the whole thing.

My ratings:
1-Argentina
2-Italy

(I did not get the chance to see Switzerland).

Posted: Jul 6, 2006 14:59:59   Edited by: Smoke

Hello there, fellow enthusiasts,

It appears the weather has taken its toll on the Argentinean team, especially with the heavier rains during the past week associated with heavy to mature thunderstorms (and strong winds on the night of presentation), but thankfully enough, the display could be safely fired at about 10:16-10:17. The winds were incredible throughout the day, only bringing brisk and, at times, violent gusts in the area. In fact, there were times when things like branches and other forms of debris would be hurled in the air and thrown at a distance with powerful force. This type of scenario only led me to believe that the display would be cancelled that night while my thoughts were always in a pessimistic state of whether or not the winds would diminish on time. I did mention to Fred that the winds should die down by the time the display was ready to fire, but it appeared that they did not subside as much and I figured it would stay gusty all night long. They were indeed heading off Eastward towards the Maritimes, but it still appeared to linger in Southern Quebec since the entire low pressure system was slow moving while still holding a steep gradient force between converging airmasses. In any case, at least the winds started to weaken to acceptable and adequate levels for the display to set off mid way into normal firing time. I was actually paying much attention to the radio for weather updates and if there would be cancellations for the fireworks while mostly during the day, I was listening in for updates from TWN (The Weather Network) and Environment Canada. Surprisingly enough, the crowd was probably the largest so far where I was, but the winds made things very chilly despite the 20 Celsius reading on the Molson clock. Furthermore, the skies were mostly clear, with some low level stratus clouds, leading to rapid escape of heat. As a result, many people were very uncomfortable because of these cooler conditions. In fact, there were a lot of people leaving before and during the show. Finally, as I said before (and as Paul said in his report), we had a constant reminder of Kimbolton (England) in 2003, except without a harsher delay and without the rains afterwards.

The practical part of this display was definitely in relation to the fireworks and the thematic establishment while the differentiations in pace were taken to a similar, yet different, approach, especially with their theme connection tied to "emotions". The opening of the display was quite dramatic with a launch of several middle level shells accompanied by some mines and candles at the bottom. I particularly liked the opening and the following segment since it sort of made for a picturesque scenario.

The colors used were mysterious and very patriotic with many massive shells of blue and white as they made their way to varying heights. However, a lot of the colors were, in my opinion, overused, especially with the white and blue, but this still made things enjoyable with the music.

The music choice was great, though I found the "Don't cry for me Argentina" soundtrack too repetitve, but the focus was the differing pace variations. The rest of the music was well enjoyed by the audience and was neatly tied to this conceptual implementation. Synchronization was nicely done, but didn't have as much equilibrium in the lasting appeal, but still had some very tight spots where it worked very well.

The construction of the display was adequate, but not as distinctive between the low and upper parts and thus imbalanced. Most of the display was more and less serene (especially with the integration of the nautical effects), but it still was a notorious and dominant factor in this display. However, as a result, there was a lack of balance between different levels of the sky.

The effects used were delightful, especially with the variations of weeping willows, though this idea was a little redundant. Some were breathtaking, especially as they trailed downward burning to either red or yellow stars. The piece I was quite enamored and impressed about were the use of the scattered ball-stars, especially when the pace increased in perfect ascension for it allowed a delicate bright mixture directly overhead of yellow, green and red as they magically squandered while leaving people in much zeal. There was also the use of extensive glitters, which was ideal for this type of display. Some of the effects seemed to have burned out too quickly to show much of the appeal, but this may be entirely due to the winds.

The finale, as I said, was pretty much well done with excellent crescendo, but still lacked that internal enthusiastic final blow feeling. The ending salutes (not photoflashes, as I've previously mentioned mistakenly) were not loud from our viewpoint, which may be also due to the winds, as Paul said. However, they did keep on going a little longer after the ferris wheel turned on. The intensity was beautiful, as well as the colors and scattered ball stars! I would have personally enjoyed the ending barrages of salutes much more, though, given if there was upper level action to accompany it; that would be astounding and rather nefarious. The penultimate area of the show was also well concocted in relation to the ending since it kept us on our feet while not in total circumvention. The kamuros were nicely fitted in while the previous introduction to the ending with the two side by side brilliant shells of sparkles that made that "heavy rain noise" were most welcomed!

Travis' personal rankings and display criteria rankings:

-Synchronization: 7.5/10-Though I felt that the overall connection between the fireworks and music was essentially imbalanced in some areas, I still believe that the tighter link in the bottom effects were excellent in many segments, which somewhat makes up for imperfections.
-Color: 6.5/10-Perhaps the weakest part of the display since it was not as flamboyant while there was not too much color variations seen here, especially when compared to the color transition approach with the other displays we've seen.
-Creativity/Originality/Concept: 9/10-This was a very artistic and original display while I feel it was the strongest point of all criteria. The way the show was demonstrated to us was very different and the concept was tightly fitted into a superior thematic link. As a result, especially with the lower effects, creativity was abundant, not to mention in harmony with the music. However, many effects, such as the weeping willows, were redundant, but I liked the attempts of the yellow, green and red mixture of the busting scattered ball-stars.
-Choice of music: 8/10-Since I mostly thought the presence of a soundtrack appeared more than once quite repetitive, it still allowed for fluctuations in beat and thus a variety in intensity. However, I'm sure there could have been a wider choice of music since this could have actually helped with a more ranged selection of music rather than playing a song more than once in variations. The other music, however, was totally excellent and worked well with the fireworks.
-Finale/Overall Appreciation: 8/10-Not such a bad finale, but it could have been better, especially with assisted action via the higher levels of sky while the continuous barrages of salutes were firing. The overall appreciation was superb and it had good lasting appeal. I’m sure you were thinking the same, too, Pierre! We all did roar our approval at the end of the display.
-Overall: 7.8/10

My personal predictions for the winners so far:

1-Italy
2-Argentina
3-Switzerland

My reasons for this are because Italy had an incredible overall concept and a lasting appreciation while most of the effects were not as repetitive as the other two respective shows. My choice between the rankings for Argentina and Switzerland are still a little skeptical for reasons I will describe briefly in the end. The last two rankings shown here are also in some contradiction to what some members have chosen.

In conclusion, Cienfuegos clearly demonstrated a fantastic opening while successfully having latter segments that proved to be equally as enjoyable. The music was definitely different and worked extremely well with this sort of display, especially since it was quite traditional. The music alone was most enjoyable and definitely had that rhythmic flow between pace that allows for this type of approach to be implemented properly. In addition, though the same idea was seen with Italy's display, the pace variations were inevitably differentiated because of the strong thematic link with this display. The emotions were nicely displayed before us in different pieces by using different effects. Though most of the display was quiet, this helped to reinforce different parts of the main theme shown here. I particularly enjoyed the fact that the music was original and quite creative with the attempted fireworks cues, especially with the mines and candles moving from right to left at different speeds at times. The middle level was also nicely used, but also gave life to what was being shown at the bottom.

Despite my positive aspects towards this show, I do still possess mixed feelings, which is also in some sort of contradiction. Indeed, the rhythmic flow in this show was superb in relation to the theme, but the problem here was, like Switzerland, redundancy in some aspects. The colors were not really in much diversity as compared with the other two displays, which led me to believe that the fireworks had too much focus on patriotic colors, in particular, especially with the blue and white in many areas. The music was very enjoyable, but had some slacker areas where some shells kept going while some songs stopped. I also did notice that some of firing cues were slightly off in some spots, especially with some of the candles in between. Some of the shells fired also seemed sort of blunt since no color emerged upon exploding (these were the mini coconut trees).

Synchronization was pretty much well done, but still had a sense of imbalance when judged overall. As a side note, there was also, in my mind, a loss of symmetry between the left and right sides of the upper level parts. The weeping willows were also too repetitive, but still reinforced the main theme in the "slower" respect while they were simultaneously rendered beautifully in variations.

The appearance of the song "Don't cry for me Argentina" more than once seems to be a prime consideration factor among many of you, including myself, though I do have mixed feelings about it in its entirety. Of course, there were different variations in pace between the versions of this song, which ultimately led to different forms of fireworks executions. In this sense, it wasn't too much of a repetitive concept. On the other hand, in some respect, I'm more than certain that there could have been more soundtrack choices that would have easily still relate to the main theme while allowing for a more diversified selection rather than solely having different variations of a single song. I personally would have found it more effective if other music choices of similar speeds would have been chosen to take their places since it allows for more possible variations and equally avoids redundancy. Under these circumstances, it was repetitive.

Perhaps weather/wind related, some of the color effects seemed to have fizzled out faster than they should have, but I'm not 100% certain on this. Some effects themselves would have been appreciated in the more serene parts, especially the lack of girandolas, which would have backed up the idea, but moreso the overall concept. Some heart shells would have also been nice. Finally, this show was not as active, though some of the shells and corresponding effects were loud, and therefore, on a personal scale, not as enjoyable as it could have been, especially since there was a lack of action intensity at higher levels of the sky for nearly about 50% of the time. In essence, the show was a touch too quiet for my tastes and, of course, led to some feelings of anti-climax.

In the long run, despite my criticisms, this was still a decent and, on some level, an enjoyable display, regardless of the predominant quiet parts of the show, but I personally would put this display in front of Switzerland mainly because of creativity attempts and a stronger thematic link accompanied by enjoyable soundtrack that also worked well with the concepts. Although I've pointed out the slacker synchronization in some parts of the show, I can sincerely tell you that music connection was very strong within many pieces and worked very well with the distinction of some of the effects, especially with the lower portions. On the other hand, I'd put Switzerland in 2nd for very rich color distinctions and possibly for the glamorous effects used at higher levels as well as the lower effects.

There are many possibilities, but I still personally prefer Italy in first place because of the overall concept while possessing the more distinctive colors (but not as much as the Swiss team's) and the choice of music. The display, too, was quite active and was not redundant. The show was also excellent because of creativity attempts, especially with the mixing variety of the shell of shells and multi-breaker combinations. The surprises in pace variations were also quite astounding.

In other news, I can see that there was some discrepancy between different viewpoints of the show. I want to be clear that I have mixed feelings about this show since I did (as I always do) take possible considerations into account, regardless of what was actually seen beyond all viewing points around the actual firing site. Though it is much tougher to see the lower effects from the other side of the river or elsewhere, it is certainly not totally inconspicuous, but there can still be an estimated or established correlation between "judgement". Argentina certainly presented a striking presentation 4 nights ago, but there were still parts that weren't totally as distinctive when compared to the other two shows, especially in terms of enjoyment, quality of materials and color transitions. However, I personally loved this display mainly because of the rhythm fluctuations with many low level effects and nautical effects, which was strongly connected to the original, and traditional, type of music used. This gave me the overall impression of the creativity shown here, so this puts me in a stage of deciding between the rankings. Ideally, this was a totally different implementation when compared to the other two displays while I'm positive that it could give them the upper hand, so I can't rule out the possibility of them being on the podium at all by my standards. And yes, Enkil, I totally agree that it certainly does depend on how different people perceive a show regardless of viewpoints since the fireworks excite each of us in different ways, especially when it comes to either expectations or our preferences in a typical pyromusical. However, this is always a good thing since it does leave room for debate, as Fred said earlier.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jul 7, 2006 11:59:12

Bonjour tout le monde.

J'ai bien aimé ta petite remarque au sujet de notre divergence de point de vue sue la prestation des Argentins.
Comme tu le soulignes dans un autre message chaque personne regarde le feu à sa facon et prend position en tenant compte des critères de jugement . Pour la part j'aime voir un concept cohérent ,une mise en scène dynamique, imaginative , originale qui nous surprend et qui maintient l'intérêt du spectateur le faisant voyager sans effort avec une prestation équilibrée où les transitions sont harmonieuses et l'intensité bien gérée dans chacun des segment et plus globalement nous amenant progressivement vers le bouquet final qui doit être autre chose que du garrochage de pièces dans les airs.Le spectacle doit aussi créer l'émotion ce que l'Argentine à fait pour moi.
Bien sur le choix des pièces musicales , celui des pièces utilisées et une syncro efficaces sont aussi des éléments important qui doivent servir le développement du concept.
Autre point réel c'est l'endroit d'où on voit le feu. Je suis certain de manquer des choses importantes sur le pont.
Samedi je serai à la Ronde.J'aime bien ce forum même si je suis un des rares à écrire en francais. Les idées divergentes le rende encore plus intéressant. Si on était tous d'accord ce serait plate.

Bie tout le monde.

Roger

Posted: Jul 16, 2006 03:53:39

I am sure I missed a lot of the action, being on Notre Dame, but I didn't have time to hit the bridge...it was lucky the thing was delayed, I would have missed most of it otherwise. I did really enjoy it, I thought that they used some very interesting colours (I really like the fireworks that change colour, and they had a lot of these). Unlike some people, I did not feel that blue and white were overused. Not sure about synchronisation, as I could not hear music...but the finale was spectacular, and the overall presentation very good...on par with some of the above average shows from last year, and way better than Portugal this year, in my opinion (as I write this two weeks after the fact, I can make this comparison).

Photos here:

http://eps.mcgill.ca/~devries/fireworks.htm

The wind may have been very inconvenient for them, but man it made for some interesting photography.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020