Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2006 Display Reviews —› Canada: Press release and soundtrack
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 14, 2006 12:50:45

Stirring, dramatic, the performance by Canadian firm Concept Fiatlux promises high theatrics on Saturday, July 15 at L’International des Feux Loto-Québec, presented by TELUS

Montréal, July 13, 2006 – Concept Fiatlux will take Montrealers on an emotional journey at 10 p.m. this Saturday, July 15, with its presentation of “Symphonic Voices with Pyrotechnic Variations” at L’International des Feux Loto-Québec presented by TELUS.

Saturday’s show, which hinges on the compelling and otherworldly presence of symphonic voices, is a musical opus that puts the accent on emotional resonance. The voices, mostly anonymous, are sure to set the tone by creating an atmosphere that can only be called dramatic. Indeed, high theatrics are the Canadian firm’s signature. The soundtrack presents a blend of voices that, with the exceptions of Peter Gabriel and Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, are largely unknown to the audience. Marked by its lyricism and purity, the soundtrack will be set off to perfection by the chosen pyrotechnical pieces, thanks to skilled synchronization.

Much of the display will take place at a low altitude from where it will be possible to appreciate the jets, volcanoes, candles and fireworks developed by the firm. A monochrome colour scheme will be used for the most part, with strategic touches of red, white, and certain “hot” colours. Dramatic ascents and apogees are also on the agenda, culminating in a tragic finale—a bit of a change from the “happy endings” to which audiences are more accustomed!

“Our main objective is to move audiences as much as we possibly can, reach their emotions and their sensibilities—in short, touch their souls,” says Michel Rioux, the artistic manager of Concept Fiatlux.

The Canadian firm’s Shows division was created in 1985. As it happens, two of its founding members learned their craft on the launch pads of La Ronde...

Soundtrack

1) Flamma Flamma (Nicholas Lens)
2) Angola (Hart, Adepoju, Garibaldi, Hussain, Kumalo, Hidalgo)
3) Call to All Nations (Hart, Glass, Chalo, Hussain, Hidalgo)
4) Ave Ignis (Nicholas Lens)
5) Ah! Joan, Joan (Richard Einhorn)
6) Ave Ignis (Nicholas Lens)
7) Hanging (Craig Armstrong)
8) Ave Ignis (Nicholas Lens)
9) Tambour battant (Bruno Coulais)
10) Pater Noster (Richard Einhorn)
11) Othila (Achillea)
12) A human sacrifice (Carlo Silioto)
13) Cantus (Faith and the Muse)
14) Sky Blue (Peter Gabriel)
15) Dionysos (Jocelyn Pook)
16) Pompeii (ES Posthumus)
17) Ah! Joan, Joan (Richard Einhorn)
18) Signal to Noise (Peter Gabriel)

Posted: Jul 14, 2006 12:56:59   Edited by: fredbastien

In previous editions of the Montreal International Firework Contest, a strong component of Concept Fiatlux's displays has been originality of the music. It is obvious that this time will not be an exception to this rule. I'm looking forward to listen it, since I suspect that a lot of hard work was made to prepare this soundtrack. With 18 segments of unknown music, I believe that Paul is going to have a lot of fun to divide the display!

I am more anxious about the fact that "much of the display will take place at a low altitude" and the "tragic finale". I am afraid to see an anti-climactic finale as I saw in the Old Port last December. We will see this tomorrow!

Fred

Posted: Jul 14, 2006 15:12:49

Fiatlux shows is always artist ... dont expect a lot of bombs ... or a jupiter

Posted: Jul 14, 2006 17:16:30

This should be a truly unique display, as was clearly demonstrated in the past, though this firm had some rough luck with weather in the either 1997 or 1998.

However, I have a feeling that the crowd will be bored for a lot of the display while I feel a little disappointed with the description of the possible finale.

On the other hand, I'll have to pay special attention to the low level effects, especially since it will denote what type of approach will be taken. I'm quite pleased with the variety of soundtrack as well as the selected colors. Tomorrow's display truly reminds me of what Spain has devised last year, though still quite different.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 16, 2006 02:03:28

Fiatlux shows is always artist ... dont expect a lot of bombs ... or a jupiter

LOL !!

Posted: Jul 19, 2006 12:22:47

And for your information Fusée, before 2001, Fiatlux always had the biggest (in term of shell count) show of the year at La Ronde (and by far). So the amount of pyro you bring does not guarantee a spot on the podium

Posted: Jul 19, 2006 13:05:01

No way! Spain et US are always more bomb count than others. Amount of bombs is not always a winner though

Page loading time (sec.): 0.026