Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2007 Display Reviews —› Spain - Press Release
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 20, 2007 08:00:06

L'International des Feux Loto-Québec presented by TELUS kicks off summer with a dynamic salute to jazz by Spanish fireworks masters Pirotecnia Igual

MONTREAL, June 20 /CNW Telbec/ - This evening at 10 p.m., La Ronde kicks off Montreal's summer festivities with the opening performance of the 2007 International des Feux Loto-Québec presented by TELUS, a pyromusical salute to jazz by the celebrated Spanish fireworks company Pirotecnia Igual.

Pirotecnia Igual's pyromusical spectacular will salute the glorious
history of jazz. Under the direction of Isidre Panella, backed by Xavier Galan and Albert Rovira, the family company has created a show especially for Montrealers because "the greatest number of fans of this type of music are found in Montreal," said Xavier Galan, one of the show's three designers. Exclusively for its Montreal show, Pirotecnia Igual, which uses no fewer than 17 different colours, will dazzle its audience with a special combination of
colours, including orange, lemon yellow, blue, magenta, purple, pink and white.

Among the pieces that are the firm's specialties, candles, fountains and nautical pieces will be put to special use, along with heart-shaped figures that will add a spiritual touch at a particular moment in the soundtrack. A dynamic rhythm will be ensured by the rapid-pace effects created by the various pieces and a double finale will enthral spectators with a sequence of slow piano notes concluding with a discordant note accompanied by a multitude of air maroons for an exceptional surprise effect.

Founded over a century ago and headed by Mario and Patxi Igual, Pirotecnia Igual stages more than 600 fireworks shows per year. It is also a leading pyrotechnics manufacturer serving many major companies. With customers worldwide, the firm is Europe's leading pyrotechnics materials exporter. It has won many honours, including six Jupiters in Montreal (two gold), and received the contract for all the pyrotechnics performances at the 1992 Barcelona Olympic Games.

Source: La Ronde.

Posted: Jun 20, 2007 08:09:28

I'm always looking forward for the opening of the competition and this particular show is promising. I have seen several Igual's displays in Montreal and all were excellent. For sure, we will be in a good company tonight!

I'm pleased to learn from this press release that Igual plans to do a faux finale. They did in 2001 and 2004, and the audience always like it.

Fred

Posted: Jun 20, 2007 11:48:33   Edited by: Smoke

Hey Fred,

First, many thanks for posting the press release. I have to agree with you that I, too, am always looking forward to the opening display, especially considering that it is indeed Spain and that it is a popular firm, Pirotecnia Igual. From what I also remember, all of their displays in the past were extraordinary and quite explosive, though the finale in 2004 was slightly less than expected, but still very strong, nevertheless.

I do indeed remember the climactic faux and real finale of their performance in 2001 (that was probably one of the most spectacular and frightening endings that I've seen since 1990). I'm in high hopes to see something like that again tonight, or even better, taking into account that since Enkil missed their performance at the time!

I'm enamored by the huge selection of colors that will be presented before us, especially if they will be nicely mixed in with low level effects. There's sure to be a wide variety of effects as well to enforce the color richness, I'm sure. I hope to be able to see the nautical pieces as well because I find them very supporting to what takes place at ground level.

Thank goodness that the weather will not be ruining an otherwise potentially beautiful display!

Edit: Today is the last day of Spring; Summer solstice arrives tomorrow!

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.022