Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2007 Display Reviews —› England (UK) - Press Release
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 27, 2007 07:52:29

From breaking dawn on to high noon and through to the passions of the hours after dark, Pains Fireworks will present the moving and mystic story of day and night tonight at La Ronde

MONTREAL, June 27 /CNW Telbec/ - Tonight at La Ronde, beginning at 10 o'clock, the English firm Pains Fireworks is going to dazzle Montrealers with a pyrotechnic spectacular entitled "Day and night", which will explore the mysterious spheres of day and night, the ultimate metaphors for human beings' duality.

Twilight will be the starting point for the show, which will present a mystic and unusual side of night, with passion at the heart of this first of three sequences. This sequence's finale will evoke the return of day and feature a celebration of the sun.

The second portion of the show will consist of duos of pure gold with blue, green, magenta and yellow, along with an abundance of gold and multicoloured hues symbolizing high noon, creating a truly spectacular effect. Flamboyant red mixing with gold will represent the setting sun and conclude this sequence.

The third and final sequence will spotlight the moon, with silver also pairing with a brilliant blue, a powerful green and an intense red. The gold/red duo will represent passion in its pure state," said firm designer Michael Jones.

The selected accompanying musical pieces by renowned artists, including The Beatles, U2, The Doors, The Pointer Sisters and Dean Martin, will bring forth a wide range of emotions in the tens of thousands of appreciative spectators.

Founded more than two centuries ago, Pains Fireworks is highly sought after for the most prestigious events. The firm gave a memorable performance during the celebration of the marriage of Prince Charles and Lady Diana in 1981, another during the Three Tenors Opera event in 2000 saluting Luciano Pavarotti and Placido Domingo, and yet another at the Arabian Gulf show in Dublin, Ireland this past January.

"Our firm is proud to take part in the Montreal pyrotechnic art competition because it is one of the world's most prestigious pyrotechnic events," declared Guy Deeker, general manager of Pains Fireworks, one of whose main objectives is to thoroughly entertain its audience.

Source: La Ronde

Posted: Jun 27, 2007 07:54:29

Cela paraît prometteur. De retour à une trame musicale plus populaire. Il faudra voir si le concept jour/nuit est bien développé dans l'ensemble de la conception pyromusicale.

Espérons que la température soit coopérative et que la fumée pourra être déplacée rapidement.

Fred

Posted: Jun 27, 2007 09:34:48   Edited by: Smoke

Hi Fred,

Thanks for posting the press release. There's actually quite a bit of variety with selected soundtrack, which is ideal in or between segments. Other than that, I have a feeling the display itself will be quite strong, especially with the kind of theme involved.

As for the weather, as I said in the weather thread last night, the winds should be strong enough to keep that smoke moving, but what I'm also somewhat concerned about is that there is also a possibility that the winds themselves could easily pick up a little with the passage of those fronts. As I also said, thunderstorms are also favorable to develop until this afternoon, evening and into the overnight.

Regardless, the temperatures will be high this evening and it will continue to be humid until those fronts completely come through.

Let's hope that England will not experience terrible weather once again.

Besides the weather, I hope to see a powerful show from the English team.

Trav.

Posted: Jun 27, 2007 15:27:42

I was just down at the site - looks like it's going to be a very large show ... and very interesting too, was this large structure lying on ramp 2 ready to be raised into the air:

Paul.

Posted: Jun 27, 2007 15:38:15

Wow! Thanks for this picture, Paul!

Fred

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020