Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2007 Display Reviews —› Canada - Fireworks Spectaculars Reviews
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 19, 2007 00:20:04

Hey Everyone,

I just got back from the long delayed display by Canada. Yes, we had to wait a long 25 minutes or even a bit more, before it really started.....but it was worth the wait!

I would call this display, a long build up to the finale. I must say that I found the display to be almost boring in the first half, with too much "talking and narrating" and not enough action. But the reward was coming and building up. The intensity of the fireworks got bigger as it went by, with huge "palm trees", huge colorful shells, etc.......

Yes, the long wait was REALLY worth it, guys! I FINALLY got the HUGE finale I had been waiting for, for such a long time!!!

The kind of finale that makes my eyes water, and my heart beat like a racing car......LOL......and I got it all recorded....YESSSSS

Way to go, Canada!!!

Since the finale counts for 80% of the points I give to a display, I got to say that Canada is my number 1 so far! There was a very looooong build up to this finale......they were preparing us for a loud and intense finale (including my beloved salutes , just the way I love them! Did you notice when the sky was loaded with shells of red color? I could hear my heart pumping in my ears......

So far....

1. Canada
2. USA
3. England
4. Spain
5. China
6. Mexico

Up next....France!

Pierre

Posted: Jul 19, 2007 00:45:56   Edited by: Smoke

Good evening,

Well, what an extended delay; the show started off at the time it was supposed to finish, but I wonder if this had to do with some serious electrical problems? But yes, as Pierre said, the long wait was well worth it. I was a little worried that once the show was set to begin after the delay, that's when the rain would come, but it didn't.

In any case, despite the show starting off just at about 10:04, we saw some shells fire here and there followed by some candles. Not long after, flashing red flares lasted for a good while until the extended delay afterwards.

However, despite this, I thought the show was interestingly devised and nicely sequenced at low level with the mines and candles, in particular. The lit structure (almost a similar appearance to China's Great Wall) along with the underlying tower with the green flares were a really nice addition to the show.

I actually recognized a couple of soundtrack used (particularly the one used in 2003 for that Canadian display). There were also quite a bit of effects used all the way through, including many farfalle shells, rings and photoflashes (one of my personal favorite parts). I also personally loved the series of titanium salutes in conjunction with the bursts of stars from the massive colored shells of green, red and yellow, used near the end since this is also a great pleaser.

I was overjoyed with most of the performance, but the finale was probably the best I've seen so far this year. Some parts of the show lacked somewhat in color distinction, but I found the sequencing very intriguing while most of the time we experienced some good contrasts in color. Perhaps some of the show was a little too quiet at some points, but this was quickly rectified with rapid firing of massive shells following those pieces to fill in the gap.

In all, this was a very well concocted performance from the Canadian team! Less narration would have been very much welcomed but that certainly did not take away the better enjoyment of the performance.

More details later today! It's gonna be a rainy/thundery one for the next 48 hours! Thank goodness we were spared again, for the 5th time running! We were left with mostly partly cloudy skies and fair amount of wind, as expected, from predominantly the East.

Edit: It seemed we posted the thread nearly at the same time, Pierre. I prefer to use your's because there was an error in the title in my own, but Paul just deleted it anyway.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 19, 2007 00:55:55

WOW - Awesome display from young firm Fireworks Spectaculars Canada! These pyrotechnicians know what a pyromusical show is all about.

This was almost a flawless show in my book. There were so many comments running through my head during the show, and I'm sure I'll forget mentioning some of them here!

This show somewhat reminded me a lot of Callaber 2004, mixed in with Luso Pirotecnia 2005. It had that "IT" effect. It was packed with full of surprises and complexity.

Excellent choice of effects, excellent vivd colors, flawless synchronization, AND hand's down to this season's BEST soundtrack. However, I will point out that some of the songs were too long, but the songs I heard were really good music. Of course, this is not the type of music that I usually listen to, but it is perfect for pyromusical shows!

They made an EXCELLENT use of the whole area. The show obviously looked big and impressive.

I don't know how to say this, but to me, it's a personal feeling that I doubt 95% of the population feel it. I felt that this show had this sort of mysterious effect, much like Luso Pirotecnia 2005 had. You feel like you're watching something so good and just can't wait to see the rest.

I would truly love to see Fireworks Spectaculars Canada participate again in our competition in a couple of years. I really have to say it again, the pyrotechnicians in this firm really knew what they were designing and doing. I can't really say if the public appreciated this display to a full extent, but this is close to being a full package display, much like Caballer 2004.

I don't have any criticism for this display. Even if I do, they're so minior that I can neglect them.

Now even without the amazing finale, I wouldn't hesitate to put this show at the #1 spot where it belongs. This, I believe (correct Smoke if I'm wrong) was the biggest finale since France 2005. I can't describe to you how happy I was to see such finale again. I mean it was almost a REAL finale. Those salutes were just breathtaking. At most point in the finale, I almost felt a flashback to the 90s. Fireworks Spectaculars Canada didn't follow the new trend. They brought an amazing show, but still managed to present to us a true finale (unlike the USA)

Tonight, I can truly say: I was satisfied!

My rankings - from Notre-Dame street

1. Canada
2. USA
3. England
4. China
5. Spain
6. Mexico

Posted: Jul 19, 2007 00:57:03   Edited by: canuck

What a wonderful display from the Canadian Team. The music was wonderful, the colors of the shells were incredibly bright and beautiful. This show may have been the best use of space I have ever scene. The show was so wide, I loved it, it reminded me of the Canadian display from last year in that respect. The finale was one of the best I have ever witnessed. It just kept going and going, and even the lead up to the end of the final part of the last song was amazing. Sadly there were a few errors that happened during the show, some of their shells blew up a little early/really low to the ground, and there was that 20 min pause. I also have a pet peeve with naration in displays so that didn't help. Overall one of the best displays Ive attended in a few years.

Ranking so far
1. Canada
2. England
3. USA
4. Spain
5. Hong Kong
6. Mexico

I'm willing to put England first because of the amount of problems with the Canadian display.

Posted: Jul 19, 2007 10:53:06

My report of this excellent debut display by Fireworks Spectaculars is now up.

As for my rankings, currently my top 3 are England, USA and Canada with England still in the #1 spot since I still believe they had the best executed theme, though the display was not without its faults (mainly in timing between segments). Both the UK and Canada had the widest displays of the year so far and Canada and the US were the "brightest". Some of the music edits in the Canadian display I thought were a little bit unsubtle, and, as others have pointed out, the narrative sections really added nothing, in fact, detracted from an otherwise excellent display.

Note to future competitors don't put any narrative in, it almost never works!

As for the technical problems, there was a lot of talk in the Salon des Artificiers afterwards as to the reasons, none of which I shall repeat here as I don't personally know what the real reason was. Just to say that this year, 1/4 of the displays have had problems. I know that investigations are being done by La Ronde management to make sure there aren't problems like these in the future. Human nature being what it is, it's very hard to not be affected as a judge by restarts or pauses during a display. Fortunately, this year, they have been early in the display, but it must be disappointing and frustrating for the teams to see their hard work affected. It seems that this years displays are rarely starting on time - something that was unthinkable only a few years ago (unless there were specific weather conditions preventing a timely depart). Let's hope the remain displays go off without a hitch, either due to technical issues or Mother Nature.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 19, 2007 14:56:15   Edited by: fredbastien

I agree that following the interruption, the Canadian show was a great one. We enjoyed several nautical effects: flares, rotative fountains, shells of stars or of kamuros. I was impressed by some quick and powerful sequences of comets launched from the fifth ramp. An interesting effect appeared from a cake in the centre of the stage and created some crossing sky mines, or something like tat. And, of course, we got the most awesome finale since a long time, made of several crackling pieces and other effects ending with salutes! If the jury emphasizes on the finale, Fireworks Spectaculars will be on the podium, for sure!

However, I think that the finale should not be overstated. Though the rainbow theme on the music of "Winter Games" (a great choice!) was different, we have seen rainbow effects three times this year. I had expected a more spectacular effect with the Olympic flame bowl, installed on the fourth ramp. One half of the waterfall didn't come into life. The narrative added nothing and created an anticlimactic start. (Nonetheless, we have to recognize that narrative is not always incompatible with a podium. In 2002 and 2003, Lacroix-Ruggieri and Royal Pyrotechnie won the Gold Jupiter with a similar introduction narrative.)

In my opinion, it is very difficult to predict how the jury has marked the Canadian show. I think that the thematic concept was a little more obvious in the UK and USA displays, and that it may make a difference. There are also two other serious contestants in the forthcoming week. We will see!

Fred
P.S.: My report and some photos are now on PyroPlanet:

http://www.pyroplanet.com

Posted: Jul 19, 2007 15:03:50

In summary for JUL/18 ... WOW.

I was almost thinking of leaving as long delay without explanation, I thought the settup was damaged.

Anyway this was one of the best I have seen, possibly the best.
The color transitions were fantastic, and they definitely did their homework.
THe size / width of the display was exceptional.
(HINT... Just like at a rock concert, location is critical to the full impact, visual and sonar ... you know where you have to be...)

Anyway from my great spot, the panoramma was incredible.
The finale was so grand it made you feel you were inside the display...

This will be a memorable one!

Posted: Jul 19, 2007 17:58:00   Edited by: Smoke

Country Participant: Canada
Company: Fireworks Spectaculars Canada
Date of presentation: July 18th, 2007

The threat of thunderstorms and moderate rain showers made yet again, for the 5th time running this season, an appearance for this debutant Canadian display. With some flashes and strokes of lightning in the distance and some very thick ominous cumulus clouds overhead (a scenario that reminded me of Canada's bad luck in the past), we ended up being spared with mostly partly cloudy skies, a relatively light Easterly wind (as expected) and a good deal of humidity and moisture with a constant temperature of 22 Celsius. With the largest crowd so far this year, it was clear that we were all looking forward to the first appearance of this Canadian firm: Fireworks Spectaculars Canada! On a side note, despite the thundershower not affecting us, I found the few distant lightning flashes appropriate to indirectly represent the theme of the show.

The show experienced approximately a 3 minute delay perhaps due to the thundershower in the distance, but if it wasn't weather related, then I'm not sure of the reasoning behind the delay. In any case, following this, it was clear that problems were already presenting themselves when the series of shells were being fired here and there associated with some lower candles followed by a fairly elongated piece with red flares illuminating brilliantly along the ground. Not long after, the show came to a halt followed by a report stating that a few more minutes of patience were required until the problem was rectified. This delay lasted until, or almost 10:30. With the obvious turmoil taking place, the show was finally set to start, and it did with much power, easily captivating the audience once more after such a frustrating pause.

In enforcing the general construction of the show, there were quite a few effects witnessed, such as farfalle shells of purple stars, single rings of green and red stars (these made an appearance from the multi-breakers, too), crackling pistils, weeping willows, shells of multi-breakers, and kamuros. Other personal favorites were the often loud rapidly fired colored shells of yellow and green mixture that subsequently burst into other stars of the same color while being integrated with bursts of titanium salutes. Similarly, there was also a part with titanium salutes at mid level while a repeated set of salutes were fired near low level that also was there to assist them, which both created two distinctive echoes one after another. There were often times rapid shots of shells of different colors of red, white and green, which at times made it feel as if there was a mini ending taking place. Near or at the penultimate part, there were some of those gorgeous white and yellow photoflashes that once again gave the idea of the 90's disco! Finally, there were an absolutely beautiful couple of pieces demonstrating the popular gold glittering double ascension girandolas!

Low level effects were particularly interesting and personally, in my mind, had some of the best sequencing to date. Mines and candles of red were commonly seen and were perfectly on cue with the music. We experienced glittering fountains, mines of swirls, mines of screaming serpents and salutes and rapidly sequenced candles that really nicely spread out from left to right. Bright flares or red, the nicely sequenced bright balls of a lightning simulation right along the front just before the finale, and then of course the nice glittering structure of the waterfall in combination with a green-lit tower directly underneath it (I believe situated on ramp 4) all were seen in this display. Finally, there was also a structure way to my left closer to the Ferris wheel (I couldn't make out what it was, though). Personally, some of the most enjoyable parts of this show occurred at low level because of such dramatic sequencing with a careful selection of music.

Synchronization was flawless all the way through, most notably via low to mid level. A lot of shells at high level were also fired in a unique manner, to me at least, compared to some of the other attempts I've seen so far this season. I thought there were some excellent transitions from time to time, but some of the pace in terms of slower speed, particularly in the first quarter leading up nearly to the halfway point of the performance, was a little too concentrated rather than being interspersed. However, I found the representation of the music-fireworks connection incredibly well done. The choice of music was appropriate, but perhaps a couple of soundtrack lasted a bit too long in nature compared to others, which I suspect may be responsible for the longer lasting slower pieces seen near the opening and a little after. Nevertheless, the music was in excellent diversity and allowed for a good deal of creativity.

The colors were simply excellent and in nearly perfect harmony with the music. While the theme was very well unique and introduced some strong premises, it was not as strongly enforced or represented as I had hoped, but at least most of the show was centered and well built around the theme that it was indeed enough to be understood. The general construction and quality of the show was well represented and certainly had many strong points with transitioning colors and effects. The show was possibly the most balanced I've seen so far this year and maybe even for a long time. Like England's performance, though somehow differently, much of the sky was used most of the time from left to right and bottom to high altitude; much of the show was very widely presented, which made things very interesting.

Now for the finale. I was, for the first time in a long time, shaking like crazy because I've nearly forgotten how good a real ending feels. Honestly, I haven't seen something like this since France 2005. The finale was soooooo tremendous and so long, colorful, loud and intensifying that it caused me to constantly yell out "GO CANADA!!!!!!!" The finale started off with an, as stated above, introduction of incredible sequence of bright lightning-like flashes from the left and right (I think this was on ramp 1) and then suddenly became concentrated and more rapid towards the center, eventually giving way to rapid firings of shells, mines and salutes in a mixture. Not long after, bursts of shells that separated gallantly into ball stars of different colors were soon followed by other upcoming frequent barrages of shells and loud salutes that were starting to make my ears ring. Continuing with this trend, an increased pace of barrages of shells of red and green made an appearance. Soon after, barrages of salutes from low level started to become part of the chaos while everything kept firing with so much speed and power that the fireworks seemed as if they were out of control. Just when it seemed as if it would end, more thunderous salutes were fired along with more shells and titanium salutes at the top for a good while longer until finally the show ended with the loudest volley of salutes I've heard so far this season. The finale must have lasted nearly 2 minutes, but all I could remember was sweating and screaming for more. I seriously haven't been so excited like this in a long time; it felt so good. I was thinking of Pierre and all of you in what you all were thinking at the time!

Trav's personal rankings:

-Synchronization: 9.8/10-Simply fabulous with sequenced pieces proving sometimes better than even that of U.S performance. I enjoyed the music connection with the display very much as well.
-Colors: 9.2/10-There was a good selection of colors seen all the way though with some amazing contrasts, particularly that deep purple with the yellow. However, one or two points near the beginning were not as rich, but this was fortunately not extensive in nature.
-Creativity/Originality/Concept: 8.7/10-While the show was original in the way it was concocted and the way it revolved around its well-dignified chosen theme, I found that there wasn't enough distinction to represent the theme altogether, especially when compared to England. Similarly, the effects in general were not as diverse, particularly in comparison to a display like China or the U.S. However, the quality of the show was simply wonderful and the product was equally delicately chosen for each segment. It would have been nice to see some more effects from that Olympic flame bowl, though, as Fred also pointed out.
-Choice of music: 9/10-I loved the music choice, but just some of them felt too identical while some lasted a little longer than others. Very enjoyable, though, especially with that one soundtrack we heard for during the Canadian performance in 2003.
-Finale/Overall appreciation: 9.8/10-All I have to say is "Wow". This felt like either one massive supercell was in the area, or as if it was a time bomb exploding in front of us! A very dazzling, complex and mesmerizing finale leading only to the LOUDEST roars of approval from the large audience; a feeling that was really absent for good while!
-Overall: 9.3/10-------->Very nicely done.

^^^
Again, I'll probably have to adjust scores later on to accurately compare the participants, but this should still serve as an idea of where I stand with each display in terms of rank. *These are also my personal rankings based on my viewpoints via De Lorimier and Notre-Dame streets.

This was a very powerful display and quite tremendous most of the time when firing shell after shell after shell. Though some of the display was sometimes a little too quiet for my tastes, a lot of the following segments would easily balance that off with some very exciting, thrilling and transitioning pieces. Often times when the pace was slow, the show would later easily turn active (quite efficient in this case) to the point where it was sometimes even more vehement than the American performance.

My criticisms are typically minor for this performance, but my greatest fear at this point (also was thinking strongly about during and after the show) is how much of an influence the extended 20-25 minute delay would be to the judges since it easily delivers the automatic negative perception; a feeling which is so powerful, especially in this sort of competition. Other than this, as pointed out extensively among many of you, the narration simply did not work and led to a lot of frustration while it was taking place since the pauses were much too elongated and barely served any purpose. Thankfully enough, a fair chunk of the display was very active to counteract those pauses and still kept most of us content. The colors were in good variety, but in a couple of areas within the first half towards the middle of the show, there was not as much distinction (this was relatively minor, though). Finally, there was a point where a segment started a little too abruptly after another, but thankfully again, this wasn't the case all the way through the show! I won't really be picky about the one or two defective shells that exploded near ground level, but I find them pretty cool when they occur anyway, such as what was seen in the American performance.

Needless to say, I cannot really incorporate the delay with such a well executed display. A lot of the product used was simply superb and the color variations were excellent, especially when the overhead shells were usually rapidly being fired and transitioning as well from, say, white to green to red. I found the music choice very enjoyable and really brought out both the subtlety and the power feeling in the entire show. The actual power, build up and sequenced setup before the finale was just fantastic and breathtaking and others around me were so delighted to see such an ending, especially since something like this has not be seen in just over two years. I'm still in a maelstrom in where to place England and Canada, but my personal top three choices are certainly those particular two and the U.S. I'm still somewhat leaning moreso towards England at this point because of the good fluidity and construction around their theme and subsequent creativity factors in support of that, but I would certainly be proud and very happy if Canada or even the U.S claimed the gold. My predictions will be stated next Saturday.

A few words about the problem at the beginning, personally the wait was still worth it for such a powerful and promising performance. With this in mind, we should not let this delay cloud our judgment, even though the wait inevitably creates negative first thoughts that can influence your better judgment of the performance. Fireworks Spectaculars has made such a good impression with their display last night that I would love to see their participation in future years with an even bigger glorious return. I found the display very intriguing, possibly the best sequenced so far, had a theme that was reasonably good to work with, took advantage of practically the entire volume of sky, and had such an exciting finale that simply blew us away. Last year in the early part of the competition, similar problems occurred, both with weather and non-weather related factors. Again, as Paul outlined as well, let's hope that no delays such as this are ever seen again because primarily with the statement "the jury is free to judge what they have seen" in mind, it becomes therefore important to keep technical problems to a minimum to acquire the best results and best impressions towards any given display. I sincerely hope that nothing like this occurs for the remaining participants and all competitors in the future. Fortunately enough, the weather did not ruin such a beautiful and well crafted display.

Just a question, but the activity happening before the delay, will that also be considered? I suppose it will follow that same popular statement, but it was obvious that there was some complications happening at the time while things were being fired, which is why I'm so curious.

Still two highly anticipated competitors are yet to present and if they're strong, it will be far more difficult, trust me.

Next up is France, who's performing on my birthday. Best of luck to our final two entrants.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 19, 2007 21:16:23

From what i heard, Judges will soon know if it was the firm or La Ronde responsible for the tech problems. If it is the firm, they willl be allowed to change their notes.

Posted: Jul 19, 2007 21:52:02

Hey Travis!

You were wondering what I was thinking during Canada's finale? I just wasn't thinking at all.....LOL....I was TOTALLY hypnotized by this beautiful, powerful, "loaded with salutes" finale! THIS kind of finale is exactly what I hope to see, everytime I go watch a firework display. I still have that vision of the sky at a certain moment during the finale, when the sky was totally dominated by the color red, with smoke everywhere and salutes exploding.....I was in Heaven! I am sure that my eyes were at their brightest, just like a child on Christmas Eve, just before he opens his presents!

Yes....up next is France........and I hope they bring you (and all of us) and equally intense finale, just like Canada's......for your Birthday!

Good night!

Pierre

Posted: Jul 19, 2007 21:55:37   Edited by: Salutes lover

Maintenant, il ne reste que la France et l'Allemagne comme pays participants à la compétition..........tous deux sont habituellement de bons performeurs, avec des finales époustouflantes.........ouf.....ça promet!

Pierre

Posted: Jul 20, 2007 10:14:16

Hi everyone,

Well... in returning from Fireworks Spectacular Canada's display on Wednesday evening I knew that coming on the forum to post a review, with my standings to date, would be a difficult task. To size up this presentation with the previous ones, I got home, brushed my teeth, and retired to my "judging chambers." I have now emerged and I'm fairly confident that I have things straight.

But first, a smile and nod to the aforementioned pyrotechnic firm for a dazzling display - and totally awesome finale! Those of you who have already posted reviews have done a very good job of highlighting the strong and weak points of the display - I'll focus more on the few areas where I disagree with what has already been said and some personal feelings regarding the show.

I don't think that the theme of "Olympian Zeus" was approached the best way. I was very excited at the thought of a fireworks display devoted to the Greek God of Gods - oft associated with lightning! What we got was more of an Olympic themed display - I thought - which prominently featured, in sequence, bronzes, silvers and golds; and later, the colours of the Olympic rings.

Tying into that, the narration was so utterly pointless. I actually could imagine narration effectively being used to guide viewers through a fireworks display, but to use a voice-over to point out the name of your firm and it's accomplishments in the past - please, no.

I enjoyed the soundtrack, but found that the sequencing along with the music, while technically near-flawless, was very obvious and simple. This is a distinguishing factor to me between the UK's display and Canada's - and for that matter, even the United States. England and the States used - perhaps exclusively... I can't quite say for sure anymore - what I will call "commercial music" for lack of the proper term. Canada used mainly orchestral or chamber music, very rhythmic and fluid - I could picture a conductor standing before the firework platforms and pointing left, right, here and there in the sky along with the music - it's synchronized, but too procedural for my tastes - at least when used in excess. The UK and the States took mainly rock and roll tunes and interpreted them, creating a display around that. I would also like to mention that my favourite segment from the Canadian display was the portion set to the piano ballad (I believe by Yanni) which featured the words "stars across the sky." Breathtaking stuff.

It may seem as though I really disliked the display based on what I've written but don't take it as an indication of my overall feeling of the display. I loved it! Like I said, all the reasons that made it so memorable and exciting are already discussed. I thought that the final two thirds of the show were better than the United States and on par with the English display. I also think that Canada's first third - and I have surprisingly been able to completely forget about the delay(s) and not them that aspect cloud my judgment - was below the standard expected in this competition. All 'round, I still have not seen a 30 minute display this year that tops England's display. I had this sensation during the English display - and quite early in the English display, shortly before "Here Comes the Sun" - that I was witnessing something profound - and that sensation did not leave throughout the display. I did not get that sensation until after Canada's halfway point and probably had a fleeting connection with it during the States' performance.

Stephen Colbert will back me up - when it comes to these things, you go with your gut.

TRae's gut's rankings thus far:

1.England
2.Canada
3. United States
4. Spain
5. Hong Kong/China
6. Mexico

Posted: Jul 20, 2007 18:30:54

Hi Pierre,

I really knew that you would be dazzled by such a powerful ending, especially with the great deal of salutes involved!!! The finale was so powerful that even my description of it in my report was not good enough! I was really hypnotized by it myself, but still led me to scream out like crazy to call out for more salutes and shells!

As for my birthday, I hope to see something like this (and hopefully bigger and better) for a finale! And, for the first time since Spain of this year, I don't have to be so extensive with my weather report since the weather will in fact be cooperating (at least at this point)!

It's really good to hear your enthusiasm about the finale, Pierre! You always make it so exciting, even now when it's finished!

Hi TRae,

I read through your report and it seems we still have quite the same views and rankings to date. The reason I still have England in mind is mainly because their theme was so well delivered, supported, and was represented in a strong variety. Again, my final predictions will be released by next Saturday, as will everyone else's.

I'm particularly in agreement about the lightning part of the theme. If you recall my post in the press release thread for Canada, I was hoping to see some ferocious effects that would simulate the development or the activity of a thunderstorm. The only thing that reminded me of it, besides the natural lightning flashes seen before the show in the distance, was just before the finale with those sequenced flashes along ramp 1. Then the finale itself, as stated, was nearly the idea of strong supercell!

Other than this, the theme was fairly well enforced, though just not as strong as I expected it to be with the various effects seen. Additionally, more use of that little tower postioned on ramp 4 and the waterfall overhead would have been appreciated, but nevertheless, I was still quite content with the display overall. Again, what concerns me the most at this point is the impact of the delay with respect to the judge's interpretations. Also, whatever occurred after the 3-4 minute delay at the beginning may also be taken into consideration. I hope things will look good for the new Canadian team and the judges will be lenient.

As yes, it seems we all agree with the power of that finale! Speaking of this, I look forward to seeing you and Pierre's video clip of Canadian finale! Thank you both!

Trav.

Posted: Jul 21, 2007 10:58:47

Bonjour le monde

Je suis de retour. Malheureusement je n'ai pas assisté aux présentations des Etats Unis et de la Chine. D'après ce que je comprends la Chine a été ordinaire contrairement à sa prestation de 2003 qui leur avait valu un Jupiter de bronze même en faisant leur finale sur la réserve...Je concois mal qu'une firme puisse gagner un prix avec un spectacle incomplet...
Je regarderai ces présentations sur Vidéo et je ferai mes commentaires par la suite.
J'ai vu le Canada. Un feu vraiment à mon goût.Majestueux,grandiose, intense avec une brochettes de pièces de grande qualité sur une excellente trame sonore et la syncro A1. Un feu rempli de belles surprises, de la créativité entre autre dans la facon d'utiliser les possibilités du site.Et que dire de cette grande finale. J'en ai encore des frissons....Cette équipe là ne venait pas ici pro forma.....
Je ne sais pas si d,autres pyromaniaques l'ont remarqué mais il y avait des passages qui m'ont rappelé le feu de Royal pyrotechnie en 2003 alors que j'étais membre du jury...Coincidence ?? je sais pas mais s'ils se sont inspirés de la facon de faire de Royal..ce fut un bon choix .
Mais........il y a eu ce problème technique. Nous avons pu voir tout le spectacle mais 20 minutes de retard cà joue dans la tête du jury. Pour ma part je considère que c'est la responsabilité ultime de la firme de s'assurer que leur deu est bien "attaché" à tous les points de vue et le jury n'a pas le choix d'en tenir compte dans son pointage. On verra bien.
Pour cette raison je les place au second rang derrière PAIN.

Ce soir je serai à la Ronde pour le spectacle Francais. Espérons que j'ai fait un bon choix.

QUESTION POUR PAUL. Que devient Eric Tucker ce concepteur gagant dont j'aime +++le style. J'aimerais bien revoir un spectacle concu par lui.

Roger

Posted: Jul 26, 2007 15:33:12   Edited by: Admin

La Ronde takes responsibility for 19 minute delay in Canada's display. http://www.pyroplanet.com/Article425.html

Posted: Aug 21, 2007 19:45:07

It's been bugging me for a while and I finally had to say something.
It would appear that responsibility for the problems that caused a 19 minute delay to Team Canada's display were taken in full by LaRonde.
It really strikes me as odd that the first Canadian display by a company from outside of Quebec has major technical problem, 19 minutes worth, which requires a technician go and solve, (it is debated whether Hands represented Canada way back was from Ontario or Quebec). It just seems very strange the severity of the problem and origin of team is very ironic. I hope the next Canadian team from the West or East Coasts receive a technically flawless display.
I don't think this was the best display of the year, the afore-mentioned two segments of narration, and what I thought was overuse of Gold. Lots of Willow/Gold Rain looks. But there was great timing and some neat looks (too bad the waterfall never fully functioned, what a sweet look it would have been). And of course the finale. Salutes everywhere! and the colours! Bright, beautiful and loud was the finale.
To end, I hope we see Fireworks Spectacular again, and get a chance to see their program from start to finish without any interuptions.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.022