Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2007 Display Reviews —› quality of fireworkvideos
Last poster Message

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 15:53:46

Hi, folks

I am newly registered in your forum and quickly I was attracted to the 2007 video displays. One of them, that of england I have downloaded and I saw it on my dvd player and also on my computer (VLC player)
Ik was very disappointed of the low resolution of the video.
I also are registered in the German Feuerwerk.Net where videos with a much higher resolution are offered,
I presume all you video operators know the excellent video compression codec H294 ,especially developed for the HD television Era. Its results for the observer are nearly as good as the original, although compression is 1/10
Is there any reason why you offer the videos of the magnificient displays you have in Montreal in that poor resolution and do not use the available compression codecs?
I would be highly interested in original video material of the 2005/2006 and 2007 displays.
Happily I could obtain videos of the 2004 displays in excellent quality.
Are e-mail adresses of seperate forum members available ?
I should eagerly communicate with the people that have taken themselves videos of the recent displays.Is this allowed in this forum or must I communicate exclusively in the forum?

maxrenard

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 00:07:56

i don't think feuerkwerk-forum offers free full length videos that is 30 minutes long! most of their videos are less than 30 minutes! could you tell us where you got the full length 2004 videos? will it be possible for you to post them here just for the forums?

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 08:20:31

The videos are low quality even when uncompressed - believe me, a good codec is used - but if the source isn't HD, the codec is not going to make them look HD. The bandwidth and storage limits are such that the videos are designed to give a taste of what the displays are like - but they're no substitute for being in Montreal - hopefully people will be attracted to come in person.

The organizers of the competition do video the displays in a higher quality format than the videos shown here - but for various complex reasons they cannot be made available to the public directly.

If you want to communicate directly with anyone who has made a video, go ahead - but I don't think there are too many people who actually go to La Ronde who have videos available.

As for feuerwerk.net, I believe their videos are available for sale - there's a difference between what you can get for free and what you can get for money

Paul.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 12:54:49   Edited by: Smoke

I would be highly interested in original video material of the 2005/2006 and 2007 displays.

In addition to the uploaded videos here, you can find quite a bit of video footage on Youtube from many displays ranging from at least 2002 up till now, although most of them are dedicated in covering small clips of the shows, particularly the finales, as opposed to the entire performances.

Are e-mail adresses of seperate forum members available ?

Simply glimpse at a user's profile and the email address should be displayed there. I think most users have it listed.

Trav.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 15:22:26

I have obtained the high quality videos indeed not for free.Paying for good videos of the montreal fireworksdisplays however,is no problem for me. So if you can give me an entrance to anyway where I could optain or even buy the videos,please.
As for me I have no problem to share my high-quality videos with the forum. However I have to contact my provider in order to aks him if it would be allowed. If not, perhaps the material can be bought from him. I let you know later.
I still stay interested in e-mail-adresses of people with you in Montreal, that have registerd the complete displays in a good quality. Perhaps we could exchange any material.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.022