Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2008 Display Reviews —› 2008 photographs - another great collection
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 21:31:44

Just a reminder to check out the fabulous photos that have already been taken of the 2008 season by our special photographer Robert Burch, Steve Austin and Rachel Jacklyn Bilodeau. The colours are just stunning and Steve captured a great picture of Hanwha's waterfall from last week's show.

Enjoy!

Paul.

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 22:33:18

Paul,

As always, some beautiful shots provided by our good photographers. I was particularly intrigued with the curtain of colors created by the numerous meteor comets during the Dancing Queen segment in the South Korean display:

http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/cgi-bin/photogen.cgi?Pics2008/Austin /kor_2678.jpg,467,700

Here as well:

http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/cgi-bin/photogen.cgi?Pics2008/Burch/ sk-004.jpg,600,450

It's truly astonishing in how they remove all the smoke to bring out the colors so exquisitely.

And yes, the capture of the waterfall was simply fantastic.

Seeing that there were 12 selected photos for Hanwha's performance, I'm guessing that you uploaded four from each photographer?

Thanks again for the posting.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 23:47:39

Hanwha's waterfall was wonderful, especially since it was not ignitated by both ends (as this device is usually), both by several points along the fall, providing quickly a full effect.

Fred

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 08:53:48

Seeing that there were 12 selected photos for Hanwha's performance, I'm guessing that you uploaded four from each photographer?

No, there's six each from Bob and Steve as Rachel didn't take any of that display.

If you mouse-over the thumbnails, the name of the photographer should be displayed. The full sized photos just display a generic copyright when moused-over as my photo display script doesn't know anything about the photo being displayed except for the size. I put the script in place to make it harder for people to steal the photos. Of course, anything that you can see on your screen can be copied. It's more to prevent people using automated grabber programs.

Paul

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 17:23:54

Thanks for that, Paul. I was actually wondering in how to go about finding out the respective owner of each photo, but I see how to now. Also, it seems that the last name of the photographer appears in the URL of each pic, so that's another way of knowing, I guess.

Again, really nice photos and I'm sure the collection will be even more extravagant with the coming displays.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.017