Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2008 Display Reviews —› More news from Team Canada
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 18:32:00

I just heard some more information from Team Canada - it seems that they were testing some special effects today that use product from Rozzi in the US and - this is the interesting and exciting part - MagicFire electronic igniters. I don't, yet, have too many details about what the products are nor what the intended effect will be, just that the test worked well and will be in the show next week.

I'll try and find out more information about this but I believe this is the first time MagicFire has been used since 2005 and my understanding is the effect that will be produced is one that has never been seen before. More news when I have it.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 19:04:42

Sounds like Canada is really going to bring the Northern lights to life! Since this is indeed an effect that we've never seen before, I'm pretty sure that it will be something that's easily recognized once fired. It's also good to know that the testing went well and that these special effects are prepared to dazzle the audience next week.

Thanks for the further information on the Canadian display, Paul.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 10:38:33

My brother works for Garden City Fireworks and I know they're pumped about the show and also very nervous. I've seen some of the smaller shells and the electronic igniters and they look pretty sweet. I got free tickets for me and a friend and I'm bringing a studio video cam with me so I'm pretty excited to. He's mentioned where they're using the igniters but I haven't heard the music yet so I can't tell you that. GO CANADA!

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 14:48:47

Thanks for the information Superdude - sounds like the display will really stand out, not only among this year's competition, but in competition history (a Jupiter would help to ensure that!)

Wish your brother and Garden City Fireworks the best of luck on our behalf!

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 17:05:24

I have one question:

Is Garden City a "sub-company" of Royal fireworks ?

Do you know the official web page? I can't find it in google.

Thanks

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 21:16:37

He says thanks for the best wishes.

Garden City is a partner with Royal. Not sure what the website is...he's to busy to look it up right now, sorry.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 21:35:28

i've just had a sneak preview of the music for the show. one word - amazing!! it really portrays the aurora borealis theme. it's very eclectic. hope the crew does justice to the music.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 22:17:07   Edited by: fireworksforum

Just so everyone is clear, Wednesday's show is entirely designed and organized by the crew from Garden City - Michael Bohonos is the chief designer. Royal are a major supplier of fireworks in Canada, with their own line of Chinese fireworks, Dancing Dragon, which was homologated for use in Canada a couple of years ago. I'm sure Royal are supplying Garden City with some products but I do know Garden City have imported special shells from a variety of European manufacturers - products which are not on the normal authorized list here. Rules are such that certain products can be brought into Canada for the purposes of a competition even if they're not on the authorized list, but they cannot contain chemicals which are banned here.

As for Garden City's web page, I know that web design is not their highest priority - I'm sure, though, if they win a Jupiter, their website will be brought up to date post haste!

Finally, whilst were talking of Team Canada, Brad Dezotell is competing as Fireworks Spectaculars at the Lac des Nations all-Canadian competition in Sherbrooke tomorrow night. I will be there and will upload a video of the display.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 22:44:17   Edited by: Smoke

Paul,

Are these "special shells" a part of the special effects you spoke of earlier that are expected to be used by the Canadian team?

As for the display in Sherbrooke tomorrow evening by Pyro Spectaculars, I look forward to seeing the video of it, but if you're heading that way, be sure to have your umbrella handy as steady rains could develop, and possibly strong thunderstorms will be widely distributed across Southern Quebec and Ontario throughout the entire day tomorrow.

Apart from all this, I really look forward to seeing how Canada will represent the Northern Lights - this should be one of the most interesting performances. Since Canada is one of the few countries that commonly sees the Aurora Borealis phenomenon during the equinox periods, I have a feeling this is one reason as to why the team got the inspiration to do such an exquisite approach. Go Canada!

Trav.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 23:34:26

My brother was right beside me when i posted that answer...they are definitely partners. As for the show itself, my brother made me swear not to tell to much but I will say the show is called "Aurora" which isn't necessarily only Aurora Borealis or Northern Lights.... It's definitely going to be something to look forward to.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 23:50:23

Oh yes, I just now realized that the show does not explicitly cover Borealis - it's called simply "Aurora". Still, since this does connect to the Aurora, and therefore perhaps relating to the Aurora zones near and at the Earth's poles (Borealis and Australis), in general, I'm positive that this will be a color-rich display at many points.

Thank you, Superdude, for whatever information you have provided for us already.

Can't wait for Canada!

Trav.

Posted: Jul 18, 2008 07:33:24

One completely wrong piece of information so far which has to do with the Royal/Garden City question. Turns out the two companies are completely unique and that the only connection is that Garden City is Royal's product representative in Ontario. While they are completely separate entities, they partner for insurance purposes only. As for the business relationship, Paul is right. Sorry for all the confusion - hopefullly this straightens things out.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.026