Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2008 Display Reviews —› Panzera Press Release & Soundtrack
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 11:36:30

Presentation of the jupiters followed by a pyromusical fantasy "without fanfare"

Montréal, Tuesday, August 5, 2008 – Don't be misled by the title of fireworks presentation for the closing ceremony at the La Ronde on Wednesday, immediately after the jupiters are awarded! The name might be "sans tambour, ni trompettes" (without fanfare), but the show planned by Panzera to close L’International des Feux Loto-Québec presented by TELUS promises to end the 24th edition of the competition with splendor and brilliance. Moreover, the music serving as a sound support consists of 24 pieces that all feature the characteristic of counting, either with trumpets, drums, or, even better, both at the same time.

No one but Panzera could bring Montréal a "misleading presentation" like this. The Italian firm, which is almost like part of La Ronde's team, will be putting on its 25th firework show here. That is another way of saying that they know the site and launch ramps inside and out, as well as what the spectators like.

"Really, all we want is to please the public," stated musical director Pierre Walder, who went through about 400 CDs to pick out 30 or 31 minutes of music. Spectators will be taken on an odysee with a common thread of percussions and brass, running the gamut from the beginnings of New France to Vivaldi and Rossini, and onto contemporary musicians such as Chet Baker, Alain Morisod, and Serge Gainsbourg.

To add to the fantasy and close the 24th edition of L’International in a fitting manner, Panzera offers us no less than 24 highly different acts. While the degree of difficulty of this "exercise in style" is high, the Italian firm can count on a nearly limitless supply of its own products, since Panzera is one of the world's major manufacturers. They have 600 types of Roman candles in-store, with a multitude of different delay times (to keep pace with the music!) and every color in the rainbow and pastels that have never been seen here before. As the fireworks designer Pier Paolo Serafino, puts it, Panzera has the advantage of using their own materials.

Soundtrack

Title
Interpret

Réjouissances au Québec
Musique historique

Intrada / Gavotte / Sarabande
Philidor l'Aisné

Simphonie pour les soupers du Roy
Michal Richard Delalande

Mascarada
Simpson

Canzone per sonare
Giovanni Gabrielli

Simphonie de fanfare
Jean-Joseph Mouret

Prélude du "Te Deum"
Antoine Charpentier

Fantaisie sur L'été
Antonio Vivaldi

Ouverture de Guillaime Tell
Giuseppe Rossini

La Danza
Guiseppe Rossini

Danse hongroise No 5
Johann Brahms

Ondeko Komoriuta
Ondeko Kagura

Entrée des Gladiateurs
J. Fucik

Carnaval de Venise Carnaval de Venise
Traditionnel

Vol du bourdon
Nicolai Rimsky-Korsakov

Les loups dans la bergerie
Serge Gainsbourg, Alain Goraguern

Asfaltttando / Casablanca
Ciocarlia - Baro Biao

Irodori
Leonard Etto

Concerto pour un été
Alain Morisod

Baker street
Gerry Rafferty

I'll remember April
Chet Baker, Gene DePaul/DonRaye

C'est si bon
Henri Betti, Louis Armstrong

Concerto Aranjuez
Joaquin Rodrigo

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 12:39:17

Thanks for posting this, TRae. I'm really hoping for a powerful finish, especially since the last time we got a mighty conclusion was in 2004 - perhaps leap years have the best finales?

Speaking of the closing show, does anyone know exactly what time they will start to announce the winners and shoot up fireworks for them? It begins mostly around 9:25, doesn't it?

Also, they usually announce 1st or 3rd place first? I think it has always been 1st place first.

Thanks in advance,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 12:52:36

I remember them announcing 1st place last in 2007... I could be wrong... but I really think I'm correct.

P.S. Enkil - we're getting seats for this display!

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 14:25:40   Edited by: Enkil

Alright, we'll get seats, only if we go on rides before the ceremony and after the display lol, j/k!

We need to know at what the time the ceremony begins! I think they usually start announcing the winners from 3rd to 1st place.

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 14:40:44

All competitions always announced the lowest winner first in order to build suspense so this competition is no different. Bronze first, then silver and then gold. It wouldn't make any sense to do it the other way round.

The ceremony starts around 9:00pm but there are a lot of speeches from all the sponsors and partners to sit through before they get around to announcing the winners. If I recall correctly, the winners are announced around 9:20pm, but don't bank on it being that time. Best to get there at the start of the ceremony and sit through it with the rest of us!

Paul.

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 14:56:15

Thanks for the information, guys. I'm always so nervous at this time of year when they're getting set to announce the winners.

Btw, Paul, happy anniversary.

Trav.

Posted: Aug 7, 2008 10:26:46

I've just uploaded the video of the Panzera show. Unfortunately, there was a lot of smoke. Otherwise, a very enjoyable show with some very nice new colours.

Paul.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.025