Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2008 Display Reviews —› A special treat if anyone would like it
Last poster Message

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 18:28:09

Since the forum is kind of quiet now, I figured some people might appreciate a special treat to while away the upcoming long dark nights.

So would anyone be interested if I uploaded the full uncompressed video of the winning Pyrotechnico show? The file size is around 2 gigabytes so download will be pretty slow - but as my webhost has no limits on bandwidth now I figured I may as well us it.

So, what do you all think? Is it worth me putting up the full video?

Paul.

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 22:17:37

Thanks for sharing the treat with us, and I'm sure many would be most appreciative of the video. By all means, go for it, Paul.

the upcoming long dark nights. It's dark enough now that you could practically launch a fireworks display at 8:00-8:15 p.m.. Can't wait till mid-March.

Heh, and even up till now, I still wonder why team Portugal wasn't awarded with anything.

Trav.

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 01:55:10

oh that would be awesome! although i think it would take atleast 2 days for me to download it it's still a great treat

vander

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 08:34:48   Edited by: Rovira

Of course !!! It would be great to see this viedo in better quality !!!!!
Thanks for all your efforts !!!!!!!

Indeed a great tread !

Is it on the Member Only video?

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 09:45:05

It's not there yet but since everyone is enthusiastic I will put it up today!

Paul.

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 10:22:18

Please add also the finale, on the other version it was cut !

Thanks again!

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 10:43:56   Edited by: fireworksforum

I'm uploading the missing finale clip as I write this. It's in avi format so will require a QuickTime compatible player to view. For some reason, VLC renders it in a sort of freeze-frame mode for me (not sure why). The link to this will be made at 11:15am EDT today.

[edit: the finale clip is now uploaded ]

I'll post again when the full high resolution video is in place.

Paul.

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 11:12:28

Paul,

Will you be posting monthly videos up until April-May?

Again, thank you very much for sharing the video.

Trav.

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 15:42:13

OK, the file is uploaded in the Member Only Videos section. It's 2,208,985,088 bytes so will take some time to download.

Enjoy!

Paul

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 13:03:45

Hi Paul,

Thanks for uploading the video, unfortunately after several attempts I've only managed to download a maximum of 1.2 GB.

Is it available via FTP?

Regards,

Rob

Posted: Dec 17, 2008 08:45:45

hello,

i just wanted to ask if you're still re encoding the other videos from the 2008 season??

vander

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 20:36:53

Hey everybody, I have posted videos on Youtube with my 'miniature' fireworks (firecrackers, fireworks, etc.). If you guys wonder what the channel is, Pyromight would be it. I missed the Mascleta show tonight I hope someone at least videotaped it Well, I thought it would be like last year, in December. Somehow the schedule changes often so I never know when! This is my second time signed in since the end of the competition. Hope this year is a BLAST if you know what I mean!

Pat

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 05:25:26

i was wondering if the uncompressed videos of the other teams will also be uploaded for download

Regards everyone,
Vander

Page loading time (sec.): 0.021