It’s a man’s world - James Brown
I am a man - Pulp
Mannish Boy - Muddy Waters
It takes two - Marvin Gaye and Kim Weston
Paradise by the Dashboard light - Meat Loaf
My immortal - Evanescence [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idd_92ajjwY
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idd_92ajjwY
[/url]

As can be seen, there are three sections. There will be low-level effects that can only be visible from La Ronde, too, so I'm afraid people on Notre Dame will miss many important elements of this display.

Paul.

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 10:43:12

Iteresting soundtrack. Thanks Paul.

While I am not familiar with about half of the songs listed above I have full faith in Pains' selection since their soundtrack was so appropriate two years ago. I am happy to see that James Brown's "It's a Man's World" made it on the tracklist - it should lend itself well to a fireworks display.

Tyler

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 12:37:02   Edited by: Smoke

Thanks for posting the soundtrack, Paul. It would seem that Pains has their display well thought out and organized.

It is a real tragedy for the world that Michael Jackson has passed away - he was a real music legend and I am a big fan of many of his songs, particularly those from the 80's and early 90's. I would find it appropriate and honorable that an entrant (particularly the U.S, as Michael was an American music icon) should dedicate a performance in this competition for next season (2010) as a tribute to Michael Jackson - I think that would be a memorable display. I figured a display was already done for Elvis Presley by the U.S in 2007, so one should be in honor of Michael Jackson as well.

Trav.

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 13:44:03

Does anyone else think that "My Immortal" might be a "walk-out" song? I know that Pains says that we shouldn't expect an Italian style finale, but I'm really having problems seeing this ballad as being the basis for any semblance of a satisfying finale.

Meanwhile, "Paradise" is really peppy and has some great chords, rythms and varying tempos. There's a lot to work with there.

Chris

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 14:03:57

I don't think it's a walk-out song - I just updated my post to include a link to the video of the song via YouTube. I think the display will be such that it wouldn't make sense to have an Italian-style finale - we're just all so used to that kind of display in North America because most of the companies in the US were started by Italian immigrants. The European tradition is different depending which country you're in. The Latin countries (Spain, Portugal and Italy) go for large and loud finales, the colder countries do things a different way.

Paul.

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 15:33:31

at 2/3 of the last song i can see a finale

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 15:54:08

Interesting. Thanks for the cultural insights. I'll be fascinated to see how they end the display to such low energy music.

So, to all of the long time fans, can you recall a display that:
A) Ended with a ballad or some similar type of softer music
B) If so, did you like the ending?

Chris

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 17:06:07   Edited by: Rovira

Nice choice of music. Difefrent voices, different rythms and styles to show the differences between man and women.

I like the idea of dividing the show in three parts. The idea and concept of this pyromusical is in some way very similar to the show they did in 2007, however dividing the show in three parts give to the current display a different perspective. Not as dual as in 2007.

Indeed " It's a man world's " and "Man I feel like a woman" are very god choices from my point of view, I think the opening song is great to start the show.

I think the same than Philly Chris. The Meatloaf song has very strong chords and varyng tempos, which is perfect for a finale. However it seems that the finale will start with " My Immortal" ... I can really see a finale at the 2/3 of the song, with some white effects, cracker and maybe some big golden mines at the end ;-)

I think it will be a very good show. I don't really care about the finales. A good and intense finale is ALWAYS welcome, but I would rather to see a good show with an small but tasty finale than a bad show with a big and insane finale.

Ps: Thinking about " My Immortal" I thought about the "Nothing else matters"segment ( in the australian display last season). It was a balad, and it was intense and very well choreographed. Ok it was not the finale, but it could be. Moreover Howard & Sons Pyrotechnics choose "One love" to finish the show doing a very intense finale. Maybe short, but intense. And I think "Onle love" could be considered a balad. Right?

Page loading time (sec.): 0.022