Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2009 Display Reviews —› Pyromagic Press Release & Soundtrack
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 16:55:26

Hong Kong redefines “skywriting” for spectators at La Ronde!

Montreal, Thursday, July 9, 2009 – On Saturday, Hong Kong will showcase a “novel” form of skywriting with fireworks that spell out Feng Shui inspired words in French in the skies above Montreal. And the stands at La Ronde are the best place to catch sight and fully appreciate this stunning and innovative display at L’International des Feux Loto-Québec présenté par TELUS by Pyromagic Productions, the winner of Bronze Jupiter in 2003.

“MÉTAL” (metal), “FEU” (fire), “EAU” (water), “BOIS” (wood) and “TERRE” (earth) – these words, which will brighten the sky as part of “A Feng Shui Melody,” refer to the five elements of this thousand-year Taoist art of placement whose goal is to achieve harmony in a living environment to foster health, well-being, and prosperity.

Saturday’s fireworks is sure to produce a sense of well-being among spectators at La Ronde who will see as many as 49 platforms on lac des Dauphins! The Director of Pyromagic Productions, Wilson Mao, admits that he drew inspiration from the fireworks display at the opening ceremonies of the Beijing Olympic Games to create this show, which will also feature a “domino effect” such as the one that dazzled billions of television viewers worldwide.

This firm from China, which is one of the largest contributors to fireworks events in Asia, has produced large-scale pyrotechnic displays in celebration of the New Year, both for Times Square and Hong Kong Harbour – it certainly knows how to put on a great show!

Soundtrack

Title - Interpret

Handel’s Music for Royal Fireworks - 12 Girls Band
Kung Fu - Hans Zimmer
Dragon Rider - Jay Chow
Love Repayment - Jane Cheung
Magic Fireworks - Nicholas Hooper
Beyond the River - Taro Iwashiro
With an Orchid - Yanni
Butterfly Lovers - Arve Tellefsen / national symphony Orchestra
Grand Canyon (Live) - 12 girls Band

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 17:45:03

Gosh, I step out for an icecream and I get scooped

As for the "domino" effect in the press release, I'm not really sure what that means (neither did Wilson when we asked him yesterday). It might be a reference to the footprints that moved towards the stadium, or perhaps it's something to do with the grid that ramp 5 represents.

I just hope the weather cooperates.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 19:44:15   Edited by: Mylene Salvas

Actually thinking about it, i remember in the stadium, there was a grid of thousands of chinese playing with boards...this is the domino effect... and will be represent with the grid of pontons.

The footprint thing is refering to the letters they will write with comets...

Page loading time (sec.): 0.026