Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2009 Display Reviews —› Melrose Press Release and Soundtrack
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 30, 2009 13:30:43

La Ronde turns into a “drive-in theatre”!

Montreal, Thursday, July 30, 2009 – On Saturday, Melrose Pyrotechnics from the U.S., winner of a Gold Jupiter in 2006, will transform La Ronde from an amusement park to a virtual drive-in cinema!

From Moulin Rouge to Grease and from Pretty Woman to The Bodyguard, Hollywood knows how to serve up moving soundtracks that help bring to life scorching tales of passion as well as vivid dramas of tortured love! Following Hollywood’s lead, Melrose Pyrotechnics’ second participation at L’International des Feux Loto-Québec presented par TELUS will focus on “Reel Love” – and it’s sure to be a blockbuster!

Tom Thompson, Vice-President of Melrose Pyrotechnics, admits that in its first participation in 2006 his company approached the competition with caution – paradoxically, it won a Gold Jupiter that year. This year’s show, he says, gives freer rein to the imagination and creativity and promises to be a real crowd-pleaser. Speaking of pleasing crowds, every year on July 4, Melrose Pyrotechnics puts on roughly 800 fireworks displays to celebrate Independence Day across the U.S.!

Tom Thompson’s comments can be heard online on L’International’s web site (www.internationaldesfeuxlotoquebec.com). The site also lists the 15 musical selections that will entertain La Ronde on Saturday. Melrose Pyrotechnics has also produced a flyer on the colours of “Reel Love” for spectators in attendance at La Ronde.

Title Interpret
MGM Intro - MGM Orchestra
Hooray For Hollywood - Capital Symphony
Come What May - Kidman/ McGregor
Love Is A Many Splendored Thing - Newton-John/Travolta
Grease - Newton-John/Travolta
Summer Nights - Newton-John/Travolta
People - Barbra Streisand
Don’t Rain On My Parade - Barbra Streisand
As Time Goes By - Jimmy Durante
I’m A Believer - Smashmouth
It Must Have Been Love - Roxette
Pretty Woman - Roy Orbison
I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
It Had To Be You - Harry Connick Jr.
Elephant Love Medley - Kidman/McGregor

Posted: Jul 30, 2009 14:46:40

Thanks for posting the release and soundtrack, Paul. A nice selection for songs - I particularly like "It Must Have Been Love" (a long-time favorite). An interesting theme to work with as well.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 31, 2009 14:00:25

I particularly like "It Must Have Been Love" (a long-time favorite)

Wasn't that in the movie 'Pretty Woman'? It is certainly a very great classic song. It gives the audience a sense of emotion. It's a nice small balad in a way.

Pat

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020