Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2009 Display Reviews —› Fireworks For Africa Soundtrack
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 12:17:28

Here is the sequence and list of film soundtracks being used for FFA's display on Saturday:

Armageddon
Superman
Jurassic Park
La belle Histoire
Tapestry of Nations
Gladiator
James Bond
Pirates of the Caribbean
The Godfather
Spirit

Tyler

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 13:16:38

This is the only show so far where the original composer is not mentioned. I will do some research on my own and I will publish a revised soundtrack list on my website (as I sometimes do, as they make flagrant mistakes on L'International's site), alongside the review and the pictures.

It's not as if looking to Amazon for the CD of the mentioned soundtracks was that difficult... Still, I understand that Fireworks for Africa's team is certainly very busy preparing tomorrow's show and no one found the time to search for the composer.

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 13:59:48

till, I understand that Fireworks for Africa's team is certainly very busy preparing tomorrow's show and no one found the time to search for the composer.

Nick told me that information was back in their office in South Africa. He said he'd been putting in 16 hour days for the past few months.

And, STL, you're right about the errors in the official soundtrack listings - often they're in the wrong order!

Paul.

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 14:30:34

Nick told me that information was back in their office in South Africa. He said he'd been putting in 16 hour days for the past few months.

What ! I was not aware that preparing such a show was so demanding. I wonder what I would look like if I were to do 16 h a day for months...

As for the soundtrack listings : I often correct the original composer ("James Horn" -> James Horner, etc.), but I never noticed a song being at the wrong place. I do not know all the songs that are played and I don't play your video alongside the soundtrack listing to find the mistakes ! I think it's far more enjoyable to just watch it for fun !

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 15:01:33

It will be a mix of the best composers, John Williams and Hans Zimmer amongst them of course . Im really looking forward to the music. Some of them could be surprinsingly african-style.

Enjoy !

Mylene.

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 15:17:45

What ! I was not aware that preparing such a show was so demanding. I wonder what I would look like if I were to do 16 h a day for months...

Don't forget that Nick and his team did 59 shows in 8 cities in 6 weeks ... a lot of time is required for things other than scripting shows!

Paul.

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 17:14:14

+ Vancouver + Quebec + Montreal ...

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 17:29:46

+ Vancouver + Quebec + Montreal ...

Quite the life, being an international pyro on a world tour! Sounds like fun, but is a heck of a lot of hard work. I think many people don't realize just how much effort goes into a 30 minute show - not just the design, but all the physical work of setting it up and then cleaning up and tearing down afterwards.

I know for my own 10 minute pyromusical, the total amount of time needed if you add it up across all the people that worked on the show is over 100 hours (including editing the soundtrack and doing the scripting) so I can appreciate just how much effort the teams put into creating the displays we are so fortunate enough to see in Montreal.

Paul.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.021