Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2009 Display Reviews —› Awards ceremony press release
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 12:02:12

A 10-minute fireworks display as a tribute to Michael Jackson, immediately following the Jupiter Awards ceremony

Montréal, Thursday, August 20, 2009 – Nearly two months after the sudden passing of the King of Pop, La Ronde will pay a music-and-fireworks tribute to Michael Jackson on Saturday at 10 PM, immediately following the Jupiter Awards ceremony, which is set to start at 9:30 PM. The 10-minute tribute will consist of a “pyrotechnical painting” featuring a medley of 11 of Jackson’s greatest hits as well as the singer’s likeness!

As a fitting addition to the tribute, La Ronde will turn its open-air dance floor into a 1980s disco featuring Michael Jackson’s most popular songs. His hits will also be heard at Jardin des Étoiles. Visitors are invited to dress in their favourite Michael Jackson memorabilia!

Technical details and ticket sales

Please note that Jacques-Cartier Bridge will be OPEN to vehicle traffic on Saturday evening. On this occasion, access to Place d’animation and reserved seating will be free. To see the show and cheer for the competition’s winners, all that is needed is a valid day or season pass to La Ronde. Otherwise, access to La Ronde after 5 PM can be purchased for only $24.95 (or $19.95 with a Coke product and at www.laronde.com).

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 13:07:08

I'm guessing that the winner for the bronze will be stated at 9:30 p.m, then silver and then the gold? I just want to know when I should listen to 105.7 FM on the radio.

As a fitting addition to the tribute, La Ronde will turn its open-air dance floor into a 1980s disco featuring Michael Jackson’s most popular songs.

I'd like to be there for that.

Trav.

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 15:46:39

There will also be the sound Jupiter, as well as the 'green award'

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 15:49:33

Mylene,

What's the sound Jupiter? Is that another name for the Special Jupiter?

Trav.

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 16:08:49

What's the sound Jupiter?

Doesn't that have to do with best music choice? Or the upcoming displays choice of music? I'd really like to see what they would do for Thriller. Amazing song! Paul will you be filming this and posting it in the M.O.V.?

Who will be the firm doing this display? I might have forgotten.

Don't forget the photos!

Pat

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 16:24:25

Who will be the firm doing this display? I might have forgotten.

Paul Csukassy (La Ronde's pyrotechnician team director) is the man in charge this time ! It's gonna be leftovers from previous shows, like the Pyjama Fireworks used to be or so it seems (never actually saw it myself).

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 16:52:47

Sorry, i meant soundtrack Jupiter...

There will be 5 prizes. 4 jupiter and a special mention sort of...

Green award - lets call it this way ...
Soundtrack Jupiter
Bronze Jupiter
Silver Jupiter
and the #1 !!!!!!!

Can't hardly wait to hear the winners...

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 22:02:10

I have never been to any of these fireworks shows in Montreal. Is there only a 10 min display on the 22nd? What happens during the awards ceremony...no fireworks?

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 22:15:00   Edited by: Saluteness

JJ1949 Welcome to the forum! Feel free to post a topic or reply to any comment!

I have never been to any of these fireworks shows in Montreal. Is there only a 10 min display on the 22nd? What happens during the awards ceremony...no fireworks?

There will be a fireworks display of 10 minutes after the ceremony to tribute to Michael Jackson. Only 10 minutes, because they don't have enough fireworks for a 30 minute display. Plus the tribute isn't a major display tribute. But just a tribute long enough. Only the best Michael Jackson songs will be chosen.

Regards,
Pat

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 23:02:40

There will be a fireworks display of 10 minutes before the ceremony

After the ceremony...

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 23:57:10

I corrected it. Thanks Mylène.

Pat

Page loading time (sec.): 0.025