Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2010 Display Reviews —› 2010 Themes are out !
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 10:41:23   Edited by: Admin

Hi,

First of all, this message is meant to go in the not-created-yet 2010 Display Reviews section. [edit from Paul: created and I moved this topic ]

Yesterday, I noticed that all the themes were posted to L'international website :

* Italy : Opera
* Taiwan : OK ("D'Accord" in french, with Michael Jackson, Celine Dion and Avatar music)
* Poland : Believe (with Chopin and Garou music)
* Portugal : Euphoria (with Black Eyed Peas music)
* Celine Dion : obvious theme
* USA : Love Reigns Over Us (with Barbara Streisand, Andrea Bocelli and James Taylor music)
* Canada : Heroes (with James Horner and Hans Zimmer music)
* Sweden : Memories of a DJ (with Abba music)
* France : Our Earth (original soundtrack by Régis Peters)
* Jupiter Award Ceremony : No theme yet

Looking forwards to this 26th edition ! I'm surprised that time passed so fast, I still have the impression that the Michael Jackson display and Royal win was just yesterday...

Well, 3 days before the sky lights up again !

STL

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 11:12:28   Edited by: reflections_of_earth

wow most of the themes are only made up of one word some of my favorite themes are portugal, sweden and france's only a few more days till Italy hope they open this season with a bang

Vander

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 11:40:39

Thank you for posting the selected themes, STL.

As Vander stated, the theme titles are generally brief. Taiwan's theme seems vague, although it's certainly nice to have some Michael Jackson soundtrack incorporated into their display. Regardless, it would certainly be interesting to see how each competitor represents their respective theme.

And what's this? A closing display? This must be the awards ceremony, and even it there was to be a closing, I doubt 30 minutes would be allocated for the display.

All in all, looks like an overall nice listing.

Trav.

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 11:46:51

And what's this? A closing display? This must be the awards ceremony, and even it there was to be a closing, I doubt 30 minutes would be allocated for the display.

Sorry, that was my mistake. It's indeed identified as "Jupiter Award Ceremony" on the official website.

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 13:32:05

Interesting that Brezac are using music specially composed for their display ... the only other company to do that was Weco for their platinum-winning display in 2004.

For the others, Portugal and Sweden sound promising, Poland could be good too, but the rest seem rather predictable. I guess time will tell!

Paul.

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 13:38:06

maybe brezac has designed a gold jupiter worthy master piece they are even conducting a contest where in the winners will be going to montreal from france XD

vander

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 16:46:19   Edited by: Smoke

Interesting that Brezac are using music specially composed for their display ... the only other company to do that was Weco for their platinum-winning display in 2004.

Also a little interesting in that regard is that France is presenting as the last competitor, much like Germany of 2004. That is pretty neat, and perhaps advantageous if everything runs nicely for France, as I'm sure it will.

Trav.

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 19:58:15   Edited by: PyroDan

Well this news brought a smile to my face. Looking forward to all of them. It's about time Italy is back. Forca Italia

Dan

Posted: Jun 10, 2010 01:54:26   Edited by: reflections_of_earth

U.S.A.'s theme is similar to their celebration of light 2008 theme maybe they will have some similarities in terms of soundtrack

Their celebration of light 2008 soundtrack:

THEME: LOVE WILL CHANGE THE WORLD

Act One: Change is coming
Sanza - Cirque du Soleil
It Can Happen - Yes
People Get Ready - Newsong
Roll With the Changes - REP Speedway

Act Two: Beauty is found in love and peace
The Journey Begins - Hans Zimmer
Beautiful Day - U2
Shall We Dance? - Boston Pops - William Fiedler
Desert Rose - Sting
Love Reign On Me - The Who

Act Three: Our dreams will keep us forever young
Simple Gifts - Bryn Terfel
Dreams - Van Halen
Beacause We Believe - Andrea Bocelli
Forever Young - Rob Stewart
Glory Road - Various Artists
Orinoco Flor - Enya
We Go On - Walt Disney World: Millennium Celebration
Walk Out Music: Thanks - Walk Out Music: Thanks
Thank You For Hearing Me - Sinead OConnor

Poland's theme is also similar to their cannes 2010 theme

Theme: “Arrête de rêver, il est temps d’y croire”

Soundtrack
- Preludium As dur - Chopin
- Shamu Alone - Christopher Ward
- Discovery - Christopher Ward
- Share the Joy - Christopher Ward
- The Untouchables - Ennio Morricone
- Soundtrack from movie Pan Tadeusz "Tadeusz i Zosia" - Wojciech Kilar
- Tu Prends - Grégory Lemarchal
- Soundtrack from movie "Noce i Dnie" - Wojciech Kilar
- Up is down - Hans Zimmer
- Timeline (Choir) - X ray dog
- Unstoppable - E.S. Posthumus mix

Vander

Posted: Jun 11, 2010 04:52:08

I'm excited for another fantastic year! I really like the idea of France using an original soundtrack. Brezac never dissapoints me. My mother would choose USA simply for having James Taylor in the soundtrack. A little Fire and Rain perhaps? (only of the pyrotechnic variety please.)

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020