Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2010 Display Reviews —› San Tai official press release
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 17, 2010 15:26:55

Is available by clicking here

Paul.

Posted: Jun 19, 2010 13:55:40

I just come back from la Grande Roue and I can say that we will be treated with a lot of cakes from ramp #3 and high caliber shells (I've seen that most 8-10-12" mortars were loaded, at least the ones that are visible from the Grande Roue). Ramp #4 is completely empty for now, but the pieces may be installed later.

The set pieces (if any) were not mounted. I'm curious how they will replicate complex shapes such as Dora l'Exploratrice with more traditional shells (if they forego set pieces).

After the show, the setup pictures that I've managed to catch will be on my website.

Posted: Jun 19, 2010 17:53:08

As far as I understood when I interviewed Helen Ong, there will be no set pieces. All the Dora characters will be done using shells! Helen said they had lost too much time during their first display in Montreal putting together large set pieces and she didn't want to go through that again!

Let's hope the evening stays dry now that the storm has passed through.

Paul

Posted: Jun 19, 2010 19:45:45

As far as I understood when I interviewed Helen Ong, there will be no set pieces. All the Dora characters will be done using shells! Helen said they had lost too much time during their first display in Montreal putting together large set pieces and she didn't want to go through that again!

Yes, you're right about the shells ! I must have missed that part.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.012