Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2010 Display Reviews —› Fiatlux/Ampleman official press release
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 11:20:15

The press release for the tribute to Celine Dion show by Fiatlux/Ampleman is here ... there will be a 100m long replica of the Titanic!

Paul.

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 11:36:46

Needless to say that this looks far more promising than the Cirque du Soleil tribute. Éric Cardinal should be able to put up a great show.

23 songs should please me for the soundtrack mix (even if the show doesn't have to follow the regular guidelines). Yet, it's kinda previsible that the soundtrack will often jump from one song to another, because the mean time for each song will be 1:18 minutes.

The 100 m Titanic looks promising. Will it be made of lances or suspended Niagara Falls (like the pyramid shape in Spain 2009) ? Only time (or Paul's interview) will tell...

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 13:42:58

Following the press event held this morning, here is a Cyberpresse's video report:

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/videos/#go

Éric Cardinal is interviewed and Paul Csukassy explains how a shell works.

You may have to select the International des feux video.

Fred

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 14:42:10

Nice to hear that there will be 8, 10 and 12" shells

Paul.

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 14:59:43

Nice to hear that there will be 8, 10 and 12" shells

That's an interesting twist: due to the now proven fact that no concurrents whatsoever used 12", either

1 - The Feu des Étoiles has a bigger budget than regular contestants (to be able to use these big shells and retain a good pace)
2 - This show will be a Cirque-du-Soleil all over again because the budget was, pardon me, burned on 12 inchers
or
3 - Éric Cardinal is a pyrotechnic wizard that is able to balance big shells and good pace in terms of budget.

Well, a few days before we know for sure.

The 100 meters Titanic and the presence of big shells give me a strong hint that the budget may be bigger than regular contestants'. It would be quite strange for Fiatlux/Ampleman to put their own money on this show if they do bust the budget, as it will not yield them any Jupiter award...

And La Ronde prepared the soundtrack ? Who's been involved ? Is this a kind of Paul Csukassy and Éric Cardinal teamwork like the Michael Jackson tribute ?

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 15:03:29

Hopefully all will be revealed in the interview! As for the budget, the video did say there would be 2500 shells - we've seen some displays in the past with between 3000 and 5000 shells. A 12" makes a certain impression - some people like to use them and others prefer to use, say, four 8" shells instead - which actually would contain more stars than the single 12".

I have a feeling the remaining four competitors will all use 12" shells - for sure the US and Canadian teams will.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 17:03:31

I must say though that I do feel sorry for Fiatlux/Ampleman setting up their display in this heat. It must be pure torture. Especially when bringing the slightly heavier 12 inch shells

I guess they'll cool off on Saturday ....

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 19:03:25

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020