Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2010 Display Reviews —› 2010 Official Results
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 13:46:23

Hello everyone,

Post the official results in this thread after they are announced this evening. I am hoping that the Gold Jupiter will be awarded to either Canada or Sweden, but as long as both countries are on the podium altogether (hopefully Gold and Silver back to back) is good enough for me at the very least.

Again, the weather's looking good with somewhat breezy conditions from the SSE and temperatures very warm to as high as 29 C (depending on the amount of sun present) with high humidity and continuing into the mid 20s C by late evening in the metropolitan area.

I'm having butterflies churning within my stomach in anticipation for the winners this evening, especially because of what happened in 2008 as well as in 2005 in the final results!

Trav.

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 22:43:22

As I had said with much enthusiasm last year:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CANADA WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAHOO!!!!! Go Canada!!!!

Congratulations to team Canada once again - I knew that you guys were in Gold Jupiter standings from the moment the performance concluded! For the first time in the history of the competition, too, has Canada won the gold two years in a row. Excellent!

Here are the official results:

1st: Canada
2nd: Sweden
3rd: France

And wow, it looks like the jury agreed with my personal choice for the winners (as well as that expressed by Rovira, Enkil and Pat)! Once again, the results were fair this year and I do not believe that there will be much in the way of controversy!

Trav.

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 22:55:14

Sweet, I'm very happy with the results! Good for team Canada, Brad for sure deserves that trophy and the recognition from the entire industry Good for Sweden as well for not living empty handed this year. Congrats to all the winners.

But the question is ... now what do I watch on Saturday nights until hockey starts lol

Dan

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 23:08:41

Woohoo! The results came out as I had hoped - Although I was wavering between Italy and France for third. Bravo to all of the competitors, and thank you for another year of wonderful shows.

Special congratulations again to Brad and his team - that was a real display to remember.

As an aside, was the usual radio station not broadcasting the music for tonight's show? I know that the theme was disco, but all I heard was French "adult contemporary" that was completely mismatched to the display.

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 23:08:43

Hi Dan,

I guess everyone will start feeling that emptiness from tomorrow morning now that the competition is over! However, as you had stated, I, too, am very delighted with the results, and am positive that everyone on this forum will be as well! My parents were also quite content as their choices were the same as the jury's.

But do not despair, for Summer-like weather is still going to be hanging on to Eastern Canada for some time.

Congratulations to all the winning teams of 2010.

Trav.

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 23:14:29   Edited by: Duncan_S

Yeah, my wife and I were bemoaning the end of the competition last week all the way home after the show, and tonight's display just kind of made us sad that things were really ending.

I'm a musician, and the role of the encore is phenominally important in keeping the crowd happy. Surely we could get one more show next week, right? Maybe from Royal, or a repeat of the FSC show? Maybe?

Please?

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 23:21:58

was the usual radio station not broadcasting the music for tonight's show? I know that the theme was disco, but all I heard was French "adult contemporary" that was completely mismatched to the display.

Rhythme FM disappointingly only aired song after song with nothing from the actual display - they didn't even say didlido as to the winners prior to that except announcing the Gold Jupiter team just a little before the display had started. I only heard all three winning displays on the station until roughly 10:20 p.m.

Trav.

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 00:25:59   Edited by: fredbastien

Congratulations to the ultimate trio: Fireworks Spectaculars Canada, Göteborgs FyrverkeriFabric and Brézac Artifices! These Jupiters are well-deserved for these teams which have made the best displays in 2010! La Ronde's press release also mentioned that San Taï received the Green Achievement Award and Göteborgs got a special mention for its soundtrack.

The decision made by the jury is very fair in my opinion. It corresponds almost perfectly to the consensus which has appeared in this forum and among personal choices of several people I discussed with last week. It was the same story in 2009. As I posted my yearly review and predictions early this week, I emphasized how dedicated the main organizers of the events (Ms. Martyne Gagnon and Mr. Paul Csukassy) are. Without giving too much details, I would like to highlight the work done by Ms. Lynda Normand and Mr. Denis Lono who were in charge to select the members of the jury and who, since last year, supervised them well beyond the training day. While the severity of the process can't guarantee the output fairness, it certainly makes it more likely.

Does anyone have comments about this final display?

Fred

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 01:43:07

Great results! The display was what it was, an average 12min fireworks show. I still want a final Panzera display, no Celine Dion or 12min displays. It also seems that a lot of people thought it was going to be a 30min display. It's interesting to note that the park was packed just like any other fireworks day.

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 04:27:40   Edited by: dambrig

Hi everybody !

As usual, I have seen the shows thanks to the videos unfortunately !

Just a little disappointed for the results of Brezac which was the best for me (of course...) in spite of a final, just a little too "classic" compared with the rest of the fireworks.

Nevertheless, I wish you all good continuation and I send to you kisses from France

See you next year probably.

Sorry for my English .
Bye

Special message for Paul : thanks for your answer

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 06:24:33

YES !!! I was wrong in my predictions but not in my personal choice ! So I'm really happy, I think they're a very fair results !

Can't wait for the next season !! hahaha

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 11:59:27

I was wrong in my predictions but not in my personal choice !

Same here for my personal choice. For my jury predictions, much like the case for other members, I had Sweden and Canada inverted for first and second.

I hope that someone will post the video of the awards ceremony shortly, as well as the following mini-display.

Trav.

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 13:52:50

Pictures of the podium and FSC's awards here

Congratulations to Brad and the crew from Fireworks Spectaculars - the first Canadian company outside of Quebec to win the Gold Jupiter. Congratulations, too, to the runners-up in a very closely fought race for the top three prizes this year. All three winners were worthy of a Gold Jupiter, which makes it all the harder for the runners-up. All should be proud of their excellent displays which were both pyrotechnically and musically masterful!

Paul.

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 17:48:02

My reports on the closing show and the awards ceremony are now ready ! I'm slowly catching up on the list of pages I need to make while they are still newsworthy (who would like to have the winners pictures in October for instance ?!).

I find my pictures to be more successful this year than last year. Mylène's dress gave me trouble, though, as it reflected some spots of light on her face, which did look like she had a skin problem of some sorts. As she of course doesn't, I had to do what I could to get rid of these troublesome spots...

Review of the show (with display pictures, but no setup this time)
Pictures of the winners and crew

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 21:44:59   Edited by: Smoke

Ah, two awards for Canada!

Brad Dezotell and his team surely have earned the Gold for their magnificent and radiant performance. I would also like to again thank Brad for granting us the rare opportunity to pose our questions/curiosities about the display as well as for taking the time in answering each and every one of them.

Once again, congratulations to Canada, Sweden and France for their incredible, enjoyable, engaging and memory-implanting displays - you've all truly defined the 2010 edition of the Montreal fireworks competition! I'm certain the jury had a difficult time in arriving at the final results as all three Jupiter-worthy countries were all so close in standings.

And thank you, STL, for sharing your excellent photos! All I need now is a video of the awards ceremony. Edit: I see Bob already posted the video of the mini display. Many thanks, Bob!

This now for me concludes 21 years of attendance for this prestigious competition.

Trav.

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 23:26:57

For those who are interested, I have uploaded a short fireworks video from the Awards Show. http://www.burchcom.com/2010/index.html

If you want to download the video and save it, use this link.
http://www.burchcom.com/2010/awards.flv
Right click on the link and select "save target as"

Posted: Aug 16, 2010 20:01:01

Hello Guy's,

Just wanted to drop a quick message to you guys as I'm sitting here in the airport worried the Jupiter won't make it to Calgary in one piece. At least it's Calgary based Westjet with the task as I'm hoping it might help being fro the same town.

Anyways, I know I have thanked many of you personally over the past few days, but I wanted to say thanks to everyone who has sent their congrats and thoughts on the show. There have been several on this site, but I can't believe the emails, texts, fax and phone calls coming my way from all over the world. The only thing we havent received is a telegram, but I don't think they exist anymore. As a team, weve won smaller competition's before, but this has been quite humbling for me.

A few quick ones:

- Thanks again to Paul and Martyne at Laronde, you guys are the best competition orginizers in the world. I know your proud of that and we are too!

- The Laronde team is 60% of the crew that sets these shows up and none of it is possible without you. Thanks alot for everything.

- GFF Guy's from Sweeden and myself had a real nice visit before and after the awards and they are extremely nice guys and very talented. Without a doubt I will be cheering for them the next time they are at Laronde.

- To Paul and Mylene, thanks again for traveling out of town for the party last night. Real nice surprise to see you there!

Hopefully there is another visit to Laronde to perform a show in the future. I already have the show title for you, it will be called "EPIC"...........Just kidding unless I get permission to use it

Merci
Brad

Posted: Aug 17, 2010 09:13:17

The only thing we havent received is a telegram, but I don't think they exist anymore.

Would a singing telegram do the trick ?

I tried sending you the download link for the full-resolution pictures of the ceremony, but unfortunately your mail service appears to have timed out before you could get the message.

Il all cases, the pictures are on my website, on the Pictures of the winners and crew page. Feel free to request higher resolution versions to me should you need them.

Posted: Aug 18, 2010 12:31:44

Brad, if you do get the permission to use the "Epic" theme, you must use the song Lux Aeterna for the finale. Using such a song requires 12 inch shells to be used at the same frequency as salutes would be normally used

Again, congrats on your display. Your team truly deserves that Jupiter

Dan

Posted: Aug 18, 2010 13:09:11

Using such a song requires 12 inch shells to be used at the same frequency as salutes would be normally used

That would be incredible.

Trav.

Posted: Aug 19, 2010 23:46:31

Humm!
That interjection summarizes my thoughts upon that decision. Obviously, I'm not happy. I'm not sad either but I certainly had wished a different turn of event. Of course they were my three favorite pyrotechnical shows but personally the winner didn't uplifted me like the 2 other runner up.

It is hard to describe my feelings here. I'm grateful that these 3 teams brought the competition to a new level and offered outstanding shows. I will forever cherish this year's performances.

Thanks to all the organizers, competitors, all the bloggers, and to Paul for his website.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Posted: Aug 24, 2010 13:11:50   Edited by: Smoke

Interesting in how there wasn't too much in the way of discussion concerning the final display! For me, it wasn't too bad, but I still very much prefer the full 30-minute Panzera display after the awards are presented.

Other than that, I miss the habit of going to the fireworks every Saturday and all the anticipation that surrounds the displays beforehand.

Trav.

Posted: Nov 30, 2010 21:00:02

I know that the theme was disco, but all I heard was French "adult contemporary" that was completely mismatched to the display.

Rhythme FM seems to do this every year when it comes to announcing the winners. As I listened anxiously for the winners and other various awards being presented, everything wasn't disclosed until roughly 10:20 p.m., which is pretty much the same thing that had happened last year during the awards ceremony as well. How anti-climactic!

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019