Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2011 Display Reviews —› Interview with Team BEM fireworks
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 22, 2011 17:11:48

My interview with Team BEM fireworks is here: http://montreal-fireworks.com/ReportBlog/?p=467

Paul.

Posted: Jul 22, 2011 17:20:51   Edited by: STL

Paul, I believe you switched to German at some point, as you spelled Bernard as Bernhard.

Well, I'm not a fan of BEM narrative style, but let's see how this one will turn out ! Some companies used a classical soundtrack to do great displays, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Posted: Jul 22, 2011 17:24:42

LOL, I'm working with a Bernhard right now! I'll correct it! Thanks for your diligence!

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Jul 22, 2011 18:24:22

As always, thank you very much, Paul, for the good information. I am not one for narrative-style displays myself, but I have a feeling that the approach taken will be a successful one, especially since it potentially makes way for some effective transitional and emotional points.

Indeed, the weather is looking good, but I am still waiting to see if the newer wind model runs are going to come into agreement with respect to wind behavior for the evening (both speed and direction). The winds themselves are "nearly" identical in overall speed as this past Wednesday.

On the topic of typos, I noticed since before the Chinese display on the home page of this site that the theme is titled "King Fu", as opposed to Kung Fu - I meant to point this out previously, but it kept on slipping my mind!

Trav.

Posted: Jul 22, 2011 21:44:02

Thank you again, Paul, for this interesting information. I just read my notes about the show made by BEM in 2005. There were huge nautical shells, maybe similar to the 6-inch shells you talk about in the interview. Hopefully, the winds speed and direction will not prevent the launch of these pieces!

Fred

Posted: Jul 23, 2011 17:49:26

[b]Hopefully, the winds speed and direction will not prevent the launch of these pieces![/i]

Fred, the winds (direction and speed) should be cooperative for the fireworks this evening, as mentioned in my newest update. I just wanted to mention here that I recently added this edit in my latest post in the weather thread:

"NNW winds are also possible by 10:00 p.m - if such is the case, then the smoke should be heading mostly clear to the left of the audience at La Ronde and towards those on the bridge adjacent to the firing site (near the river). This also means that those at the Old Port may also, at times, be obscured by smoke."

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.022