Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2011 Display Reviews —› Lacroix-Ruggieri Soundtrack
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 25, 2011 21:23:43

http://montreal-fireworks.com/ReportBlog/?p=482

Maudits Français

Pumpkin and Honey Bunny (Pulp fiction O.S.T.) – Tim Roth
Le jour d’avant – Yann Tiersen
Ice Dance – Danny Elfman
CanCan – Offenback
Lady Marmelade -Christina Aguilera
The Palace -Nick Glennie-Smith
Main theme l’apprenti sorcier – Trevor Rabin
Main theme In Pursuit of Honor – John Debney
Main theme The Simpsons – Danny Elfman
Journey of Man – Le Cirque du Soleil
Le Bourg 1900 – Puy du fou
Rejection – Martin Solveig
Aerodynamic – Daft Punk
Alors on danse – Stromae
Test drive – John Powell
L’Hymne à l’Amour – Edith Piaf
La maladie d’amour – Michel Sardou
Mon Coeur, mon amour – Anais
Thunderbird (Thelma & Louise) – Hans Zimmer
Main theme Robots – John Powell
Le Ballet d’hiver – Nick Glennie-Smith
When Love takes over – David Guetta

Posted: Jul 26, 2011 02:44:48

This soundtrack is very interesting! hopefully lacroix's able to translate it with fireworks well

Vander

Posted: Jul 26, 2011 12:53:30

What exactly does "Maudits Francais" represent? I attempted looking it up online, but I was unable to find anything specific. I just want to have some idea as to what the theme signifies.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 26, 2011 12:55:25

Look no further than the official site: http://www.internationaldesfeuxloto-quebec.com/en/programmation/248/fi che.aspx

"Lacroix Ruggieri—the fireworks handlers for the kings of France, who celebrated their millionth show in 2006—mark their 12th visit to Montreal. With 3 Gold Jupiters and 1 Silver under their belt, they promise to delight in sharing with their kindred spirits of Quebec “Maudits Français”—the pyrotechnical exploits of a whimsical Quebec native in Paris. In thanks to a structure suspended at an incredible height of 50 m into the air, spectators are invited to marvel in the magic—from Moulin Rouge to the Eiffel Tower… and witness a gesture of family and friendship in a setting that promises to be grander than nature itself."

Posted: Jul 26, 2011 13:20:54   Edited by: fredbastien

Hummm... I don't remember having previously read about this structure. That is very interesting. Strangely, there is no word on this in the press release...

BTW, it's the 14th visit of Lacroix-Ruggieri in Montreal. Société Étienne-Lacroix came 9 times and Ruggieri came twice (and won the Bronze Jupiter once). Both companies have merged, and Lacroix-Ruggieri then appeared two more times. So this is the 14th visit.

Fred

Posted: Jul 26, 2011 14:34:38

Hummm... I don't remember having previously read about this structure. That is very interesting. Strangely, there is no word on this in the press release...

I'll clarify this in the interview this afternoon.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 26, 2011 15:41:32

As I had anticipated, thunderstorms (some severe) have developed across much of the province of Quebec today (July 26th) in association with an upper level trough. I am just hoping that the heavy rains and storms are not hampering the setup process for the French team. Instability should weaken later this evening.

Paul, thank you for that information - it helped to clarify a few things that previously kept me baffled, especially with respect to the relevance of the selected soundtrack.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.025