Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2011 Display Reviews —› 2011 official results
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 30, 2011 18:56:09

Hi guys,

Please post the official results for the 2011 winners here. I will be listening closely to Rhythme FM, but I hope that they reveal the winners as soon as they are announced, unlike the last two years!

I am very anxious, but I do hope that our three predicted teams each secure a place on the podium tonight.

Enjoy the display by Panzera tonight, but, as recently mentioned in the weather thread, watch for smoke heading towards left sections of the audience and, at times, potentially towards the central parts as well (if westerly winds take place). WNW winds are the main tendency tonight, so this is the reason.

Cheers,

Trav.

Posted: Jul 30, 2011 23:14:35

Here are the official results:

* Gold Jupiter: Italy
* Silver Jupiter: France
* Bronze Jupiter: Australia

* Telus People's choice: Italy

Special mentions:
* Green award (environmental award): Czech Republic (My bf says it's because they didnt fire any fireworks :'[img]http://montreal-fireworks.com/forum/img/smilies/wink.gif[/img]
* Best Soundtrack: Australia

You can also get these results from news outlet because La Ronde always make a press release:

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/actualites/regional/montreal/201107/30/01-44 22343-feux-loto-quebec-les-gagnants.php?utm_categorieinterne=trafficdr ivers&utm_contenuinterne=cyberpresse_B42_acc-manchettes-dimanche_36923 3_accueil_POS2

What a wonderful 2011 Fireworks season Can't wait for 2012!

Posted: Jul 30, 2011 23:19:47   Edited by: Smoke

The official 2011 results:

1st: Italy
2nd: France
3rd: Australia

I believe that Australia received the Soundtrack Award, and the Czech Republic was recognized for the Environmental Award. I think that Italy was selected for something, but I cannot be sure what it was - they stated it quickly on Rhythme FM. If Italy did receive a special mention, I would appreciate it greatly if someone could post it as soon as possible!

Once again, the final results are fair, and I am sure that we are all very pleased. I was relieved to know that all of the participants that we all diligently predicted had a place on the podium tonight. Fred, nice job on your jury predictions!

So, are we all getting the "Summer is done" feeling? If so, no worries, as we are generally expecting July's weather patterns to flow into a fair portion of August. Severe weather is possible tomorrow evening into the overnight due to a passing cold front (and somewhat high available convective energy), for our final day in July.

Congratulations to all of the winners of 2011!

Edit: Ah, runder already beat me to posting the results! Thanks for posting everything, runder!

Trav.

Posted: Jul 31, 2011 00:54:31

Congratulations to the winners! As everyone has predicted, these three really deserved to be on the podium this year!

Vander

Posted: Jul 31, 2011 02:13:19   Edited by: fredbastien

Fred, nice job on your jury predictions!

Thank you! There is a paradox with these results: H&S won the special prize for its soundtrack, but I am sure that the soundtrack explains why H&S didn't get a better position than the third one. Obviously, the Bronze Jupiter is awarded by the popular jury and the special prize by the organizers. It is my theory that with fireworks as well as other arts, a general audience is more conservative than experts. This is a reason I made this prediction and it can explain the aforementioned paradox. I note that the Italian display was more traditional than the French and Australian ones.

It's only the second time in the competition history that an Italian entrant wins the Gold Jupiter. (The first case was Ipon SRL in 1997.)

Fred

Posted: Jul 31, 2011 16:23:02

Salut

Je suis bien d'accord avec Fred au sujet du feu des Italiens. Bon j'avais prédit les trois récipiendaires des Jupiter mais pas dans l'ordre pour les deux premiers. Je prévoyais une victoire des Francais pour leur formidable prestation originale, créative , pleine de belles surprises et un soucis constant d'illustrer le concept choisi...De vrais artistes que ces Francais ...j'adore les firmes qui prennent soin de la qualité artistique de leur spectacle et qui savent créer l'émotion.
Toutefois je respecte la décision du jury. Je suis bien placé pour affirmer que ce n'est pas évident ..il y a tant de facteurs à considérer...et les Italiens ont aussi présenté un feu magistral qui a plu à tout le monde.
Je serais curieux de voir la compilation finale des points. ce doit être très très serré genre .5..1.
Chapeau Fred pour tes choix dans l'ordre..

Merci de m'avoir lu pyromaniaques indomptables..(lol)

Roger

Posted: Aug 1, 2011 11:11:04

Is the video for the Jupiter award presentations available? If so, can someone please direct me to it? I'd like to see the entire ceremony.

Thanks,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 1, 2011 12:20:29

Is the video for the Jupiter award presentations available? If so, can someone please direct me to it? I'd like to see the entire ceremony.

I don't think anyone took video of this ... it wasn't very exciting anyway to be honest. I did take video in 2009 though: http://montreal.pyroworld.nl/awards2009.wmv

Paul.

Posted: Aug 1, 2011 15:04:06

Awesome recaps throughout the competition from everyone! Is there any chance to get some high quality vids of the performances? We could put a torrent up somewhere so we could share the bandwidth a bit.

I was sitting in the bronze section for Italy and Australia's performances and got video from the 3rd row. Admittedly, the video could really only got the higher shells because of the angle, it's still not bad (especially the Italian finale!)

Posted: Aug 1, 2011 15:45:31

I don't think anyone took video of this ... it wasn't very exciting anyway to be honest.

I did. The only funny moment was Michel Lacroix's mistake about the name of the Quebec Minister of Tourism, Nicole Ménard, introduced as Nicole Simard. It is unclear whether the mistake was related to himself or made by the person who had prepared the speech!

I recorded all ceremonies this year. An interesting event can happen at anytime!

Fred

Posted: Aug 2, 2011 19:03:53   Edited by: Smoke

Hi Paul,

I am just wondering if you will soon be placing both this year's and last year's winners in the "Winners list" section? There's no rush, so don't worry.

Thanks,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.021