Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2013 Display Reviews —› Arthur Rozzi Pyrotechnics Soundtrack
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 17, 2013 20:26:58   Edited by: fireworksforum

Swan Lake – Piotr Ilitch Tchaïkovski

Introduction – Scene (Allegro giusto)
Waltz in Ab (Tempo de Valse)
Pas de trois (Allegro)
Pas de Trois Coda (Allegro vivace)
Pas de Deux (Tempo de Waltz)
Pas de Deux Coda allegro
Flight of the Swans (Adante)
Dance of the Swans
Dance of the Swans
Scene (Moderato)
Spanish Dance
Hungarian Dance
Finale – Scene (Allegro Adante)

Posted: Jul 17, 2013 21:11:38

Wow! That looks great! It's uncommon to have a whole display based on a single art piece.

Hopefully, we will enjoy several nautical products with a such theme!

Fred

Posted: Jul 18, 2013 09:10:57

Yes, I think the last time this was done was in 1996 when Sunny International used The Yellow River Symphony for their soundtrack. Of course, Weco, in 2004, a piece specially composed so I think that could count too.

It should be very interesting to see this display - choreographing a ballet and a fireworks show are quite similar in many ways, though, of course, the palette of expression is different. In both cases, though, the music is designed to be augmented by the performance, which is usually not the case with other pieces of music.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 19, 2013 00:25:30

I'm not too familiar with the theme, though, after doing some reading, I believe that the design of the display should prove to be interesting, especially in terms of how the main components segue from one to another. It will also be interesting to see how the effects will be used for representation - after reading Paul's report, it certainly sounds like a fair diversity of effects will be present!

Trav.

Posted: Jul 19, 2013 09:14:11

Furthermore, it is a bold choice for an American entrant. This sort of musics is more typical of Central Europe (Germany, Austria, Italy...).

Fred

Posted: Jul 19, 2013 09:52:47

That looks interesting, our team (representing Kazakhstan) had a similar theme in a competition in Taiwan last year. Would be interesting to see their take on Swan Lake.

Best Regards,
Vander

Posted: Jul 19, 2013 09:57:49

Furthermore, it is a bold choice for an American entrant. This sort of musics is more typical of Central Europe (Germany, Austria, Italy...).

Very true, but, of course, the Rozzi family has Italian heritage, first emigrating to the US in the early 20th Century, the family starting a fireworks business in Pietramelara, Italy, in 1895. They ended up in New Castle, Pennsylvania, which became a centre for Italian-style American fireworks manufacturers. Rozzi, Zambelli, Grucci, Vitale, Santore etc. - most of the famous American fireworks companies were started by Italian immigrants. Souza, of course, are Portuguese.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 20, 2013 22:30:59

Hi there! New Member here from the Phil.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.021