Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2013 Display Reviews —› Interview with Team Croatia
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 21, 2013 20:29:33   Edited by: fredbastien

Paul and Mylène: I can't wait to read your interview with Team Croatia. Word on the street has it that Mirnovec Pirotehnika brought special devices for a pretty complex setup and some special effects.

Please, bring us as much information as possible!

Fred

Posted: Jul 22, 2013 11:54:37

Fred, we're doing the interview this evening - you can be sure that we'll try and get as many scoops as possible!

Paul.

Posted: Jul 23, 2013 01:34:29

I, too, am very much looking forward to any inside information concerning team Croatia!

Trav.

Posted: Jul 23, 2013 09:19:03

Here is the interview: http://montreal-fireworks.com/ReportBlog/?p=779 I suspect that there might be some surprises that they didn't reveal!

Posted: Jul 23, 2013 12:23:25

Many thanks, Paul, for this good information. The theme appears to be a complex one, and I am eager/curious to see how each section of the display will be portrayed.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 23, 2013 18:52:22   Edited by: fredbastien

Humm... This is not the sort of info I was hoping for! While I'm glad to know that some large shells will be featured and intrigued by the "multimedia flame effects", I am worried about this:

Given the young age of the team, they were proud to note that the both the music and scripting only took a week each

One week is a short time to craft the display. I hope that week was only about "scripting" and not the whole creative process, which shall be longer than that, I suppose, to design an excellent show.

Or a such statement may be a strategy to decrease our expectation!

The soundtrack looks amazing for a pyromusical display.

Fred

Posted: Jul 23, 2013 21:25:50

One week is a short time to craft the display. I hope that week was only about "scripting" and not the whole creative process, which shall be longer than that, I suppose, to design an excellent show.

One can think about a project for a long time, but then sit down for an uninterrupted week and get it all done, at least, the design. I'm sure there's work after that to do the implementation (labeling, packing the show etc.) that's not included. Don't forget that some composers would sit down and write out and entire symphony in one session!

I know of at least one Gold Jupiter winner who took a similar amount of time ... but I won't say who

Paul.

Posted: Jul 24, 2013 07:17:40

A week definitely sounds long enough to make a show.. Usually it's better if you finish it in one sitting so you don't lose the focus All the logistics however probably took much longer!

Vander

Posted: Jul 24, 2013 09:52:18

Usually it's better if you finish it in one sitting so you don't lose the focus

I would think it's hard to complete a 30-minute pyromusical in one sitting. It was interesting that Mirnovec used ShowSim for their design - I believe they are the first team this year to do so - most of the rest have used Finale. This is also interesting as it was very much a minority in previous years that did any visualization, but this year it seems to be the rule, rather than the exception.

Vander: did you watch the US show yet?

Paul.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019