Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2013 Display Reviews —› Message from Jamie Deye on the Rozzi show
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 30, 2013 07:12:01

Posted on behalf of Jamie Deye:

I feel an obligation to explain the technical problem which happened at the USA show for the 2013 Montreal competition.

The mistake that was made is I violated a fundamental protocol during the time code test which took place several days before the show. The protocol requires the firing controllers be connected to the house system and verify reception of time code and verification of the firing files. The morning of the test the controller received time code but the firing file was not loaded because of last minute changes to be made.The Montreal staff asked e several times to to load the firing files into the controllers and I assured them that the files were fine and 100% confident in their integrity. The impossible happened and the final files loaded were offset incorrectly by 60 seconds.

The 27 minute delay was comprised of several attempts of manually syncing 4 controllers to the start point of the music using the correct time offset. The first attempt resulted in the early firing of red comets on Ramp 3. The second attempt allowed for the show to start 27 minutes after the originally scheduled time. after 3 minutes into the show we were able to adjust the controllers for ramp 3 which were shooting 1 second earlier. The entire show was shot with out using time code. In the end were able to get the show off close to the intended firing times but it was not to the accuracy it should have been. The last 5 minutes of the show a circuit breaker kicked out the left side of Ramp 2 which killed half of the finale plus reducing 50% of the shows integrity. We normally cable modules that in the event of a circuit breaker trigger the ramps are split by odd even positions allowing for a full width of the show to shoot. On the day of show the odd even practice was not possible due to unanticipated technical issues.

I wish to state for the record the delay would have been avoided if I had loaded the fire files into the controllers at the time code test where the time offset error would have been discovered. I apologize to the Rozzi's, the crew of La Ronde and the viewing audience for my arrogant confidence in the files I prepared. The delay I believe did tarnish the shows integrity with the first minutes of noticeable time sync problems. At this level of performance there is no excuse for these type of problems.

The failures are by my actions and not the people or equipment involved.
If you wish to publish this on your Blog I would feel I can help clear the Rozzi's name and the embarrassment to La Ronde. I let all of you down and deeply regret this.

Best Regards

Jamie Deye

Page loading time (sec.): 0.014