Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2014 Display Reviews —› Interview with Team Weco Feuerwerk
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 27, 2014 16:48:09

My interview with Georg Alef is here: http://montreal-fireworks.com/ReportBlog/?p=840

We're in for a really special show tomorrow!

Paul

Posted: Jun 27, 2014 17:09:10

Thank you very much, Paul, to bring us these information.

The display is really promising, as it is for each Weco's display. I am intrigued by the various special effects, especially the setup pieces with 5-minute lances and the helium balloons (??).

The scenes of shadow puppetry remind me a similar effect of Chinese shadows performed by Grupo Luso Pirotecnia in 2005.

I imagine how complex the set up may be...

I note that we still not have information about the pyrotechnic sun rise!

Fred

Posted: Jun 27, 2014 17:15:00

The best way to see the sun rise is to be at La Ronde - that's all I can say!

But I'm hoping the plan for the thunderstorm is implemented the way Georg wants. I won't say what that is, just in case!

Paul.

Posted: Jun 27, 2014 17:20:00

An interesting read. Weco is certainly raising the bar in intriguing effects with those helium balloons. You mentioned too many too count 8 inch shells, which are certainly from IPON. The 3 inch salutes contain 100 grams of flash powder, by IPON as well.

A fierce display is underway, and we are almost 24 hours away from it. The weather looks good as well tomorrow with 29 degrees and lots of sun. A great way to kick off the first display! Once again, best of luck to Georg and his team.

Pat

Posted: Jun 27, 2014 17:37:56

A thunderstorm scene....How intriguing. I'm very curious to see what that section will look like.

Trav.

Posted: Jun 27, 2014 23:39:13

If the display is a version of Cologne 2013, you may get a glimpse of the pyrotechnic Sun at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00cAZAObgd0. Check time 29:41.

Posted: Jun 28, 2014 07:25:30

I should also mention that the Montreal version of the Dreamcatcher show will be close to 33 minutes long.

Paul.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.021