Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2015 Display Reviews —› 2015 official results
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 1, 2015 18:39:50

Please post the official results for the 2015 edition here!

Trav.

Posted: Aug 1, 2015 23:40:38

Gold – Jubilee Fireworks d’Angleterre
Silver– JCO de France
Bronze – Vulcan de Hong Kong, Chine

Posted: Aug 2, 2015 01:36:47

Best Soundtrack - Hong Kong, China
Environmental Impact award - Canada

Posted: Aug 2, 2015 02:42:26   Edited by: reflections_of_earth

Congratulations to the winners! Great and fair results this year!

Vander

Posted: Aug 2, 2015 12:15:52

With smaller disparities between performances of all participants than in some previous years, as well as the "Vulcan's issue", the podium was much more difficult to predict this year. Among all those who expressed their preferences in this forum, no one had these three teams in that order, and no one had the right prediction. That may be a first! However, the winning teams were among the preferences and predictions of most forum members.

Roughly speaking, I would say the collective decision from the jury is a good one, especially since it recognizes that Vulcan deserved to be on the podium, despite the accumulation of smoke which caused inconvenience during the display. Moreover, it is the first time that first team scheduled in the line-up wins the Gold Jupiter. It is obviously easier to remember the performance of the initial contestant with a 6-entrant calendar within less than one month than 9 participants over one and half month, but it is nonetheless a remarkable decision. Once I realized that Vulcan was among the winners (John Werner and Cindy Cheung were at La Ronde, the latter after a 15-hour flight travel from Hong Kong), I hoped for better than the Bronze Jupiter and was somewhat disappointed. I would have preferred to reverse Hong Kong/France.

Regarding the JCO display, STL's and Mylène's very detailed descriptives of the storyline and its relationship with the fireworks display made me realize that I missed some parts of the concept. And because a realized after my review posted immediately after the show that JCO's show had much better reviews than I expected, I came close to review my jury prediction!

Fred

Posted: Aug 3, 2015 12:08:26

I was happy with the results, and the jury predictions came close with my personal choice(Hong Kong/China and France were just reversed). I felt confident that England would take first place, but I honestly thought that the United States would appear as a part of the winners! Nevertheless, the selected teams well deserved these awards, and I am really satisfied with the results. Concerning Vulcan of Hong Kong/China, as mentioned at the end of my review:

Altogether, this was a fantastically executed display that surely merits a Jupiter. That said, the weather did clearly leave some unknowns as to how the judges will really evaluate this performance, though I do suspect a good outcome.

I am very happy for the team.

Trav.

Posted: Aug 3, 2015 18:33:05

Posted: Aug 3, 2015 22:10:18

That's a very good report - I couldn't see who the author is though.

Here's another one in the Huffington Post http://quebec.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/08/02/langleterre-couronne-a-lint ernational-des-feux-loto-quebec_n_7921374.html

Paul.

Posted: Aug 3, 2015 22:18:41

"Daniel Ouimet", as written on the right side, above the tags.

Fred

Posted: Aug 10, 2015 16:56:08   Edited by: fredbastien

The winners are now highlighted at La Ronde on the fireworks competition ads:

More post-fireworks photographs…

Memories from the Jubilee's Gold Jupiter display: As I walked by this grandstands entrance, the atmospheric music heard at the specific moment was, haphazardly, Uptown Funk. I suddenly imagined the dancing one-shots and the great percussions which delighted the audience!

Ramp 1 is now empty. This is one reason why we can stay on board of the Minirail for the whole circle of the park.

A shovel operator was cleaning Ramp 2 for winter sleep… or other uses later this season?

Some sort of projectile, yet in position, has apparently hit the window of this elevated room, which had been used for Mirage in the late 1990s, as far as I remember. Anyone knows the behind-the-scene story? I hypothesize a former contestant disappointed to not be among the winners, or too low on the podium!!

Fred

Posted: Aug 17, 2015 16:46:58

Thank you for this update, and for the supplied photographs, Fred! I honestly cannot believe that it is already 16 days since the day of the closing display.

Trav.

Posted: Jan 21, 2016 00:05:46

Can anyone give me a link where I can download all the shows from last year (2015) since Bob's website is down? Or maybe you could send them to me? thanks

Posted: Jan 26, 2016 14:18:48

Bob just told me his website is being rehosted and will be back online in a few days. I'll let you know when it's all working again. The domain name will be the same, so the links should work once the hosting is fixed.

Paul.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020