Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2016 Display Reviews —› Interview with Team Ricasa
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 22, 2016 14:25:41

http://montreal-fireworks.com/ReportBlog/?p=1190

Lots of pictures! Full stats will be revealed in the report!

Paul.

Posted: Jul 22, 2016 15:16:17   Edited by: Rovira

Can't wait to see the Ricasa's show. The 2005 display was my first attendance to the Montreal competition, I still remember the day I took a seat in La Ronde to see the show. I was 18 years old! Travelling alone from Barcelona! Seeing Ricasa again in the schedule brings me a lot of memories.

Actually I was a bit disapointed that time, my expectations were very hight , but anyway the soundtrack was indeed very flat, and the show could have been more intense. I guess this third time competing in montreal things will be different. The "piano segment" will be a great one, I've seen the same segment in another display and it was quite good.

Cant wait to see the video.

Ps: talking about the 2005 edition. Is it possible to find somewhere the video from the Jupiter show and the one from Groupe-f? After 11 years I still want to see them

Posted: Jul 22, 2016 15:45:00

I have some videos from 2004, as well as 1997-2000, but not 2005

Paul.

Posted: Jul 22, 2016 15:55:08

Paul, thank you for this interview which fuels excitement for another anticipated display from the "3S" countries. I can't wait to see the setup of this show. I hope that weather condition won't prevent the Ferris Wheel to run before the display!

Do you suspect, as I do, that the piano segment may be similar to the one from Ipon in 1997 (on Beethoven's Fur Elise), or the similar xylophone segment from German IP in 2007 (on the music of True Romance)?

Fred

Posted: Jul 22, 2016 16:32:31

I was wondering about the piano segment, too, but I suspect it will be somewhat different - as the positions used will reflect the actual notes played (so it will be asymmetrical). The heights of the effects will also be keyed to the music as well! Ricardo told me he consulted with a pianist for the design of this segment - which will use 2500 cues! I still remember clearly the 1997 IPON show! One of the best of all times!

Paul.

Posted: Jul 22, 2016 16:50:32

I don't have a video of the 1997 show to confirm, but the IP segment in 2007 was asymmetrical too. I assume that the 1997 Ipon segment was also asymmetrical since, as far as I know, both were designed by the same guy. I don't believe there were different heights, though.

Such segments can definitely be hypnotic!

Fred

Posted: Jul 22, 2016 17:47:23

IPON had even better note-synchronized mines in 1998 - where there were different height effects - see http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/cgi-bin/rep.cgi?head1998,italy98,tai l1998 part 3. Ironically, Ricasa competed and won Bronze that year, with IPON picking up Silver and PPA (USA) Gold.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 22, 2016 19:58:01   Edited by: Admin

That IP piano segment was really nice, in fact the whole show was really good, an all time fav. I still remember the perfect shell synchronitzation and the IPON style finale. It was a very nice "classic" show.

SPOILER: In the next video from the Pyrofest Facebook page you can find the piano segment Ricasa is going to show in Montreal tomorrow. I guess the one from the video was like a first test, and it was a good one.

http://bit.ly/2a2IqI0

You can also read in the description the way Ricasa designed the segment, trying to represent a keyboard in the display. As if the fireworks were the real notes and keys. The 3th ramp will become a piano during the classical segment.

I am not very sure about the theme of the display, most of the music is not very "cinematographic", I mean I dont think the general public will recognize the songs as music from films. It looks like the soundtrack is quite uneven (not sure if this is the word, but I guess you know what I mean) Lets see tomorrow if there is only music or maybe some vocal help from a narrator to avoid a flat theme again.

@fireworksforum Sad to know there is no way to find videos from the 2005 edition But happy to know you have some from the gold age of the competition. I have some from the 2004 season, Sunny, Lacroix, JNS and Weco. It would be great to see Caballaer, IPON and Marumataya. I still remember everybody here talking about the Italian and Spanish finales. Do you have them? I need my dose of clasic videos

PS: I've been checking the video section and I cant download the videos hosted in the main page, the server is asking me for an username and a password and the ones I have for the registration are not usefull.

Posted: Jul 22, 2016 20:56:30

I'll do what I can to get some classic videos up

As for the videos links here, something has gone wrong with the hosting that a Dutch website had provided for me. I'll try and get them working again!

Paul.

p.s. I also fixed that facebook video link so it works now

Posted: Jul 23, 2016 12:27:07

RICASA has released additional information on its website, including the number of cues.

http://ricardocaballer.com/2016/07/22/ricasa-dispara-el-proximo-dia-23 -de-julio-un-piromusical-en-montreal-ricasa-will-display-a-pyromusical -show-on-july-23rd-in-montreal/

Does anyone know what the "digital effects" can be?

Fred

Posted: Jul 23, 2016 12:32:33

Digital effects are the one-shots as far as I can tell. As for large calibre shells, they will have 250mm ones in their display, up from the 200mm they used in 2005.

Paul.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019