Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2016 Display Reviews —› Team Göteborgs FyrverkeriFabrik Soundtrack
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 20:37:42

http://montreal-fireworks.com/ReportBlog/?p=1216

The Joy of Life

Danza della ore (La Gioconda) – Amilcare Ponchielli
Il en feut peu ętre heureux – Jean Stout, Pascal Bressay et Jean Cussac (Disney)
Beautiful Day – U2
I Got Life – Hair
On Top of the World – Imagine Dragons
Feeling Good – Nina Simone
Fun, Fun, Fun – The Beach Boys
Happy – Pharrell Williams
Always Look on the Bright Side of Life – Monty Python
(I’ve had) the Time of my Life – Jennifer Warnes and Bill Medley
You Can’t Stop the Beat – Nikki Blonsky (Hairspray)

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 20:58:11   Edited by: fredbastien

In his comments about the Swedish display in 2010, Trav reported that people literally danced on Notre-Dame Street during the GFF show. One famous song was Village People's YMCA. Thanks to Simon Turcotte-Langevin (STL in this forum) dedication for photograph and fireworks (and his fast reaction!), I still have this on the back wall of my office:

Whereas many viewers didn't see the characters made with stars in the Ricardo Caballer's display, a couple of days ago, GFF used in 2010 gerbs in a such way that the YMCA letters clearly lit up, one after the other, as they were pronounced. That sequence happened four times. The audience was amazed and became very vocal. That photograph has successfully been taken at the third appearance.

I expect the same scenario this year, with other people moving on their seats. That is a trademark of GFF. I don't know how long the ultimate song, You Can’t Stop the Beat (what a title for a finale segment!), will be but it has a wonderful potential for a finale!

Fred

Posted: Jul 26, 2016 00:21:44   Edited by: Smoke

This is certainly a highly anticipated display! And yes, Fred, I do distinctly recall how interactive people were with the musical selection in the 2010 display! I have never seen people more immersed into music more than during the Swedish display of 2010 and Italian display of 2013! I've seen other displays where this has happened over the years, but not nearly as prevalent as those particular two.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.012