Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2016 Display Reviews —› A last (and short) firework on September 4 at La R
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 13:29:16

You read correctly! La Ronde will present a short firework on Sunday, September 4 ! It is special and I think it is to announce the new roller coaster and the big sale for the 2017 passport. You can read more in the newsletter of La Ronde.

Vous avez bien lu! La Ronde présentera un court feu d'artifice le dimanche 4 septembre en soirée et après The Beat proposera sa musique pour poursuivre la soirée. Je pense que c'est pour marquer le coup de leur grosse fin de semaine de vente du passeport-saison 2017 et pour annoncer le nouveau manège qu'ils ouvriront l'an prochain.

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 15:18:00   Edited by: Enkil

I'm assuming this display will be made with leftovers of this season's fireworks pieces, like the Pyjama Day fireworks. Happy to see it back!

As for the new ride, I don't think the newsletter mentioned it being a new coaster... I'm predicting a Larson loop, but I really hope it's not the case (not really a coaster, even though Six Flags will try to convince you otherwise)!

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 15:25:01

Sorry for my traduction. I want to say "manège" in English and the only words I know it was "roller coaster"!

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 17:50:53

That additional show is a fantastic news! It shall bring back the very special atmosphere of the old "Pyjama Fireworks" held on the Labor Day Eve in early 2000s.

I believe the first post-event show that we weekend occurred in 1999 as part of a marketing strategy following a strike or lock-out. There were not pyromusical in 1999 and 2000, but with child-style musics in the following years.

I also assume that it will be made with leftovers; Paul and me used to play a very exciting game, that is, to associate the fireworks effects with the right competition display!

That news makes my day!

Fred

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 20:04:30   Edited by: Smoke

This is, indeed, exciting news, and this would certainly remind us of the Pyjama Fireworks displays held during the early-2000s!

I would assume that there would be a general interest for a weather forecast for that evening?

Trav.

Posted: Aug 26, 2016 17:00:45

Yes, please!

It was announced today that the fireworks on September 4 will start at 8:45pm.

Posted: Aug 31, 2016 08:00:37

I'm happy the "season leftovers" are going to be disposed of by firing them in a display! I wonder if it's a pyromusical and, if so, what the music is? I will try and find out some information about that!

Paul.

Posted: Aug 31, 2016 20:29:39

Posted: Sep 1, 2016 09:50:18

I have found out that the fireworks display on Sunday will last 10 minutes and will be pyromusical - though I don't know what the music will be.

Paul.

Posted: Sep 1, 2016 11:04:07

Here's the soundtrack, put together by Paul Csukassy, the Technical Director:

Catch My Breath – Kelly Clarkson

This Is What You Came For ft. Rhianna – Calvin Harris

Just Like Fire – Pink

Don’t Let Me Down ft. Daya – Chainsmokers

Libéré, Délivré – Anaïs Delva (french version of Theme song from the Disney movie Frozen)

Can’t Stop This Feeling – Justin Timberlake

Finding Dory Theme – From the Pixar movie Finding Dory

Paul.

Posted: Sep 5, 2016 18:20:27

Fun little show to end the summer! Now the countdown to 2017 is "officially" on.

ryguy2008

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020