Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2018 Display Reviews —› Interview with Team steyrFire
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 9, 2018 21:47:33

My interview with the Austrian team: http://montreal-fireworks.com/ReportBlog/?p=1384

This is going to be an interesting display!

Paul.

Posted: Jul 9, 2018 22:55:36   Edited by: fredbastien

Paul, thank you for this interview report. It is always interesting to read. The background story that you describe indicates that steyrFire people have desired to participate in Montreal since a long time.

It seems that 2017 has been a busy year for steyrFire with competition shows in Hannover, Monaco, and Knokke-Heist. One issue to monitor will be their capability to perform during 30 minutes without being too repetitive, since all these 3 fireworks competitions "only" require 20 to 25 minutes, and you also report that this show will be almost twice as large as their previous largest extravaganza. The length of the show is sometimes an issue for recruits. On the other side, there are cues that steyrFire will try to make the most of this firing area dedicated to fireworks, with elevated platforms to support 360 degrees devices and the fifth ramp. The soundtrack also sounds exhilarating!

Do you know how old is Nikolaus Langer (Niki)? He seems pretty young and makes me thinking about Nikola Koletic, who designed the show of Mirnovec Pirotehnika (Croatia) in 2013 at the age of 23. He might be the youngest designer in the competition history. And Mirnovec won the Silver Jupiter.

Fred

Posted: Jul 10, 2018 06:56:34

Niki told me he was 2 years old in 1995 (when the company was founded) - he was surprised when I told him I was on my third season of competition reporting then! This would make him 28 or 29 this year.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 10, 2018 08:03:17

Niki is 24. will be 25 in November.
René

Posted: Jul 10, 2018 08:08:59

Niki is 24. will be 25 in November.

Ah, of course, I didn't do the calculation properly! Thanks René!

Paul.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.025