Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› Pyromusical Design —› Weco's pyrotechnic sun : what is it going to
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 23, 2014 20:32:49   Edited by: fredbastien

During its odyssey in Montreal, Weco has done innovative displays, often pushing the limits of what we used to see in the Montreal International Fireworks Competition. As many other fans, I can't wait to know what the German entrant has in store for our delight.

While it is online since a couple of weeks, I just read again the descriptive of the Weco display on the competition official website, and something catches my attention:

For the 2014 opening evening, WECO Feuerwerk invites the audience to slip into the world of dreams! Featuring a conversation between father and child, these dreamcatcher fireworks capture the wonderful dreams of childhood and their fabulous characters. The fireworks will light up the sky, twirling and dancing to music and songs, at time entrancing, energetic or nostalgic, and will catch our dreams… until the rise of the pyrotechnic sun! WECO Feuerwerk – that won Gold in 2000 and Platinum in 2004 – is participating for a sixth time in the Montreal event.

What is this pyrotechnic sun going to be? Of course, the souvenir of Pains' sun from their award-winning show in 2007 immediately comes to my mind. There is even a special page about the British sun structure on this website:

http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/sun.html

And, of course, Bob's famous picture:

http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/cgi-bin/photogen.cgi?Pics2007/Burch/ england-08.jpg,600,402

Does anyone have information about what the German sun will be?

Paul, are you going to visit the firing ramps and to interview people from Weco before their display?

Fred

Posted: Jun 24, 2014 05:34:43

We will be interviewing Team Weco at the firing ramps this coming Thursday! Stay tuned - I also have to create a forum for the 2014 reviews! Lots to do today!

Paul.

Posted: Jun 26, 2014 19:11:02

Just got back from interviewing Georg Alef of Weco, designer of the opening show in this year's special 30th edition. It's going to be a heck of a show. Full interview will be posted soon!

For fans of Italian shells, I can tell you that Benito Pagano has made some special products for this show, including 12" cylinder stutatas!

Posted: Jun 26, 2014 20:52:08

Paul, we can't wait to know more!

In the meantime, Mylène just released the soundtrack:

http://myleneetartifice.blogspot.ca/2014/06/le-retour-de-weco.html

Fred

Posted: Jun 26, 2014 21:21:41   Edited by: Saluteness

For fans of Italian shells, I can tell you that Benito Pagano has made some special products for this show, including 12" cylinder stutatas!

IPON's back in business!

Ben had told me he made some very complex shells for Weco. I hope to see the large salute multi breaks like in 2004 which were phenomenal. The best of luck to Georg and his team Saturday night.

On a side note -- Paul, where would you recommend us to view the show if we don't have access from inside the park? The bridge or the Notre-Dame street? I wouldn't want to miss the smaller effects from the display.

Pat

Posted: Jun 26, 2014 21:30:09

Pat, I think Trav has a really good spot on Notre-Dame St. Whether you are right in front of La Ronde, I think your view on the show would fit more closely with the one of people who are at La Ronde than on the bridge.

However, through its odyssey in Montreal, Weco's displays were filled of special effects and it may be worth to come at La Ronde to fully enjoy this one. You may consider to buy a season pass, than to buy a seat ticket once you are inside the park. If you do that for a couple of shows, it is much cheaper than purchasing a ticket at the regular price.

Fred

Posted: Jun 27, 2014 10:31:08

Only one day!

Posted: Jun 27, 2014 13:34:55

Just to add to Fred's comments. Instead of buying the season pass, get the fun pass. Both the one day ticket and fun pass cost the same amount. It will be valid until September 27, so you can watch all the shows. You can also upgrade it to the regular season pass later on if you want.

Posted: Jun 27, 2014 23:38:20

If the display is a version of Cologne 2013, you may get a glimpse of the pyrotechnic Sun at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00cAZAObgd0. Check time 29:41.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.024