Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› 2004 Opening show
Last poster Message

Posted: Mar 31, 2004 05:53:31

I am just visiting the Mondial SAQ's website, which had been updated. The opening show will not be produced by La Ronde's crew, but rather by Ampleman, the winner of the second prize in 1999 and the third prize in 2002.

Frédérick

Posted: Apr 1, 2004 06:52:57

Frédérick

En effet et il s'agit là d'un excellent choix par le comité du Mondial SAQ. Je suis convaincu que la firme Ampleman nous concocte un feu d'ouverture de haut niveau pour le 20 ième du Mondial SAQ.
Je ne manquerai pas cà.

Roger

Posted: Apr 1, 2004 08:13:59

Roger,

you're right. I'm glad that a Canadian company will be firing a display this year. I'm sure it will be very interesting and creative since, without the pressure of competition, there is more freedom to try out new ideas which might not make sense in a competition sense, but will be innovative and exciting for the audience. Having seen Ampleman's display during the Montréal en lumières festival, I'm sure we're in for a great opening display.

For me, it will be nice to have a chance to get back up to speed in terms of my competition reporting before an acutal competing display. One of the hardest things, I find, is to keep an even level of reporting throughout the competition - with the first display being the hardest since there was no point of reference.

With this news, it really is going to be a great summer!!

Paul.

Posted: Apr 1, 2004 16:57:21

Yes indeed, it's going to be a great Summer. I think that the opening Canadian show will be a great enjoyable one to start us off.

I remember Ampleman in 1999. They really did a good job, so it might be intense. I have a strong feeling that it will be very good, not to mention the rest of the competition. It was a real surprise just to see the entrants this year, although I've been guessing the competitiors since last year September! (I was pretty accurate in the end!)

Paul, I think you're right about the opening Canadian display because they will be free from the pressure of the competition and it will allow them to do a good show without worrying. All we have to worry about is the weather. lol I'm sure it will cooperate, though.

Anyway Paul, I just have one question for you regarding you're note-taking. How often do you take notes throughout a typical display? How do you manage? Just out of curiosity. I'm just saying that it must be difficult to watch and take notes at the same time. How do you do it?

Regards,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.012