Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› help on fireworks
Last poster Message

Posted: May 23, 2004 18:26:00

ok, im gonna post this message in both english and french, but my french is not great so bare with me.

je vais signaler ce message dans l'anglais et francais, mais ma francais n'est pas le mieux.

I was wondering, now this is an american question but i hope there are some americains reading this, are fireworks legal in New York? (sorry, no accents)

J'ai pense, c'est un question americain mais, peut-etre il y ont des americains le lire, est-ce que feux d'artifice legal en New York? (je regrette, ne pas accents)

Posted: May 23, 2004 18:52:03   Edited by: Smoke

I really don't see why not. I mean, isn't New York a hot spot, or well known, for it's displays on New Year's Day, for example? However, this could just be an exception.

Anyways, I never thought fireworks would be considered illegal in New York, of all places. That's just me, though.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: May 23, 2004 19:26:12

I think the best way for you to know it is to contact the autority where your suppose to shoot your firework, but I know for sure, my sister's boyfriend shoot a firework in NewYork for the Bjork show and it was very difficult to have permit and all the stuff around this display so...???

Maybe it was difficult to have permit because it was a french firework company ( Groupe F ) or just because in this town you have many different autority for this type of display...( on the beach, in the city....)many building ( hospital, airport....)

BenHur

check this:
http://www.lesgrandsfeux.com

Posted: May 23, 2004 20:01:05

Thanks
Merci

Posted: May 24, 2004 06:08:50

As far as I understand, all consumer fireworks are illegal in New York state but, as Trav noted, professional displays at New Year and on the 4th July are certainly allowed and are internationally well known.

Paul.

Posted: May 31, 2004 13:34:38

How much does it cost to have a fireworks show at a wedding? Any idea?

Posted: May 31, 2004 17:39:24

Anonymous,

Your question must be more specific. It totally depends on the type of fireworks you're planning to use for the occasion. Certain particular fireworks can be really expensive. It also depends on how long the display will be, which links to the fact that the amount of fireworks you wish to purchase must be relevant and balanced to the duration of the display and thus inevitably influencing the total cost.

I'm sure Paul would be able to specify actual costs on what you're talking about.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: May 31, 2004 18:05:52

I am getting married next year and i would like to have 15 mins firworks or longer if the cost is not too high. I wouldn't want something like SAQ mondial. Like on canada day there are fireworks in MTL (ville Lasalle) for 15 mins.

Posted: May 31, 2004 19:40:09

Given what your saying, the cost should be reasonable. I don't really know the actual costs of the fireworks that are used for special occasions, such as Canada Day for the 15 minute duration, but I do know that it should be in the same field. Paul should be able to give you a rough estimate and more details.

BTW, congrats on your wedding!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jun 1, 2004 04:33:25

If you are considering hiring a company to put on the display for your wedding, here are some simply guidelines for pricing.

If its a pyro-musical type show: $1000 per minute

A conventional show: $500 per minute

These are rough guidelines, obviously they can be adjusted to suit your budget.

Sean

Posted: Jun 3, 2004 12:07:17

A pyro-musical choice would be really nice and formal for your wedding, in my opinion. I'm talking from experience here! In addition, it will make the display much more lively, more enjoyable and entertaining, however, it is more costly. As Sean said, though, it can be adjusted to your individual budget.

This depends on you, however. What you find will be more suitable for your wedding is completely up to you. It's totally according to your preferences.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jun 28, 2004 19:08:30

All fireworks are illegal in NYS. Only novelties are legal; such as, snakes, smoke bombs and "SMALL" sparklers. Here is a website for further information.
http://www.usfireworks.biz/legal/ny.htm

Posted: Jul 12, 2004 13:43:26

hi ..just testing this out

Page loading time (sec.): 0.014