Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Surprise: New video to download for finale fans
<< . 1 . 2 .
Last poster Message

Posted: Sep 30, 2004 19:02:38   Edited by: Smoke

Pierre,

I hate to tell you this, but from what I remember in 1998 with IPON's finale in comparisson to this year's finale, I would have to say that this year's was more intense! But please don't get me wrong about that year, I think in that year, it was louder and more thunderous, along with color and brightness. This year, IPON had the full package. It was loud, bright, full of colors and a heck of a lot of salutes, not to mention VERY lengthy!

To tell you the truth, I remember that day, back in 1998, I was right up front by the steel gate(well, there was no stell gate back then) on Notre-Dame and the whole thing directly overhead. I was like in a parallel universe and I was screaming. I literally had no control.

All in all, IPON of 1998 is still one of the most intense finales I've ever seen.

The best finales that I've ever seen, are IPON of 1998 and this year, U.S.A of 1995, which I know Paul would agree, Canada of 1996 and 2003, Caballer of this year, definitely, Igual of 2001, Holland of 1995, France of 1993 and Spain of 1994. These are a few that I remember so far. If I remember more, I'll let you know.

In the mean time, please tell me what you've remembered!

I love talking finales! Please reply soon! I must also declare that we've had a perfect weather season for the 20th anniversary, despite all the threats.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Oct 1, 2004 14:38:40

You've all disappeared again.....

Trav.

Posted: Oct 2, 2004 09:41:52

Where are you guys?????????

Trav.

Posted: Oct 2, 2004 12:07:13

im hereeee!!!!!

i was just watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the old version), but theres still 30min to watch

Posted: Oct 2, 2004 15:33:22

I'm sure you just heard that thunderstorm! It was vibrating!

Trav.

Posted: Oct 2, 2004 15:38:02

yes i did

it was raining A LOT!

but thunders werent very strong here

Posted: Oct 2, 2004 20:27:53   Edited by: Salutes lover

Hey Trav.

I am sure I would have LOVED IPON's finale this year, judging by what you said and also by reading Paul's report of Italy's performance of last July 3rd. Oh well, I will never get to see it in person, but who knows, maybe I will get to watch it on video one day.....wishful thinking

I have not followed the fireworks competion for as long as you seem to have Trav. I think I started to get real interested around 1996 and then, I went to watch the displays every now and then. Since 1998, I have been a regular firework watcher though, only missing a few displays now and then. Some years, I attended all displays, not missing a single one, no matter it was pouring rain, got very cold, or else.

My favorite finales? I can only think of three that really stood out from the others. Don't get me wrong though......there are many other finales that got me really excited, but I will mention only 3 here...

At number 3, I would go for Canada's finale in 2003, so I agree with you about this one. The finale was VERY intense and I remember screaming a lot.

At number 2 was a finale from Spain, around 1998/1999, but I am not sure which one exactly. I guess I did not pay attention as much as you do, about the years. It could have been another year, not sure, but it was definitely Spain. I usually love their finales very much.

In first place, no other than Italy's finale (IPON), from 1998, June 6th to be exactl. Like you Trav, I was out of control on that evening. This finale transformed me into a huge finale fan and a devoted salutes lover. IPON is really my favorite firm for finales. I am sure that if I had seen the one from 2004, it would be in my top 3 finales of all times

Have a great weekend

Pierre

Posted: Oct 3, 2004 13:24:59

Pierre,

I completely agree with you about the finales you proposed. It appears we've got very similar tastes. There were a few more that I've remembered to add to my list in my previous post.

There was one in 1990 that I saw that was amazing, but I don't really remember the firm, let alone country. Well, it's tough for me to remember because I was only 6! It was an amazing display! Another one that I've seen was in 1992 or 1991, I really can't remember the firm. But I do remember the intensity and what it looked like. I can say that some of the finales were good back then, too! Italy of 1994 was also amazing, but it was destroyed by one of the most powerful thunderstorms I've seen that year! All I can tell you is that it was intense and loud at the end. However, at times you couldn't tell what was thunder and what was fireworks! Both were loud. The lightning was spectacular and really sort of suited with the fireworks, despite the vast amounts of rain!! All I rember that day was taking shelter under the bridge adn watching. I also remember the show coming to a false start. This was because of the lightning, according to Paul's report.

It's hard for me to give my top three finales because they're so many that I've liked, but to give you an initial idea, I would say it in this fashion:

1st: U.S.A (Atlas) of 1995
2nd: Caballer of this year
3rd: Igual (2001) and IPON (2004). They seemed sort of equal.

This is not entirely true, since I haven't acknowledged by other personal favorites. I might reorganize that order when I've considered my other favorites. That's just to give you a broad idea. There's so many more like IPON of 1998 Canada of 2003 and 1996, Holland of 1995 and so many more!

Pierre, have you seen Igual in 2001? If you haven't, then that's a big loss, too! I'm sure that you would've screamed your lungs out for that one, indeed! Like you, I'm also a lover for both Spanish and Italian firms, along with the U.S and Canada!

More details later on!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Oct 3, 2004 13:41:34

Enkil,

I'm glad that you saw the thunderstorm, too. Last time, there was nothing in your area, but you could only hear it. We did get a lot of rains here and very strong winds.

It's too bad that you didn't here the thunder as loud, though.

It was VERY loud at times here, even with the smaller lightning channels. Some were within the cloud, so I couldn't see it, but you definitely here the thunder all the time. One them sounded like the salutes from Caballer and IPON!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Oct 3, 2004 15:52:33

Trav,

I am sure that all those finales that you mentionned, would also end up on my list of favorites, since we do have similar tastes. Through the years, I never really kept track of the name of countries, nor the years, so I can't really tell you what other finales I really enjoyed, but there are lots of them for sure

To answer your question, yes, I did see Spain's display back in 2001 (Igual) and I know that I really loved its finale. I can't remember a Spain's finale I did not like. They're always loud and intense, just as I want them

OK....gotta prepare for tomorrow, it's Sunday evening again God, those weekends are way too short.....LOL

Only 8 and a half month to go, before Mondial SAQ 2005........

Have a great week!

Pierre

Posted: Oct 3, 2004 19:07:45

You too, Pierre!

You're right, weekends go WAYYYYYYY too fast!

Don't worry, I'm sure Mondial SAQ 2005 will be here before we know it!

Well, I'll see if I can remember any more finales that I liked in the past and I'm happy to know that you saw Igual in 2001. That was a thriller.

I'll see if I can remember anymore, I'm still thinking since my last post!

It was great talking to you, Pierre!

Regards,

Trav.
<< . 1 . 2 .

Page loading time (sec.): 0.025