Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› 2018 Competition schedule
Last poster Message

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 23:58:20

La Ronde has updated its website and the operating hours for the 2018 season now appear in the park hours section. Because the park typically closes much later on fireworks nights, we can infer the 2018 competition schedule as follow:

Saturday, July 7
Wednesday, July 11
Saturday, July 14
Wednesday, July 18
Saturday, July 21
Saturday, July 28
Wednesday, August 1st
Wednesday, August 8

If the above schedule is confirmed, it would be the latest starting date in the competition history. I also believe that it might be the first time (at least since I follow the event) that an equal number of weekend nights and week nights compose the schedule.

Fred

Posted: Dec 12, 2017 11:41:56

Strange to have so many Wednesdays! Especially for the closing, and why not a display on August 4th instead of the 8th? Again only 8 displays so we may surmise only 6 competitors again, though I would hope for 7.

Paul.

Posted: Dec 12, 2017 18:22:14

Thanks for sharing this, Fred.

I am also surprised by the number of Wednesdays, most especially that Wednesday assigned to the final show! I was further hoping for a slightly larger total number of displays. And, yes, the July 7th start date would definitely be the latest - we've been more regularly breaking records for that since 2012!

I predict France on July 21st.

Trav.

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 18:58:45

Another page of La Ronde website now confirms the dates listed in the original post.

https://www.laronde.com/fr/larondefr/linternational-des-feux/accueil

Fred

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 15:43:10

To those who wonder why no fireworks display is scheduled on Saturday, Aug. 4 : Osheaga will be held on Aug. 3-4-5, 2018. It is certainly the prime suspect. Each year, the crowd control on Ste. Hélène island is a nightmare on the Osheaga+fireworks evening. I would not be surprised to learn that authorities put some pressures for a such change.

Fred

Page loading time (sec.): 0.035