Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› 2018 Competition schedule
Last poster Message

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 23:58:20

La Ronde has updated its website and the operating hours for the 2018 season now appear in the park hours section. Because the park typically closes much later on fireworks nights, we can infer the 2018 competition schedule as follow:

Saturday, July 7
Wednesday, July 11
Saturday, July 14
Wednesday, July 18
Saturday, July 21
Saturday, July 28
Wednesday, August 1st
Wednesday, August 8

If the above schedule is confirmed, it would be the latest starting date in the competition history. I also believe that it might be the first time (at least since I follow the event) that an equal number of weekend nights and week nights compose the schedule.

Posted: Dec 12, 2017 11:41:56

Strange to have so many Wednesdays! Especially for the closing, and why not a display on August 4th instead of the 8th? Again only 8 displays so we may surmise only 6 competitors again, though I would hope for 7.

Posted: Dec 12, 2017 18:22:14

Thanks for sharing this, Fred.

I am also surprised by the number of Wednesdays, most especially that Wednesday assigned to the final show! I was further hoping for a slightly larger total number of displays. And, yes, the July 7th start date would definitely be the latest - we've been more regularly breaking records for that since 2012!

I predict France on July 21st.

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 18:58:45

Another page of La Ronde website now confirms the dates listed in the original post.

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 15:43:10

To those who wonder why no fireworks display is scheduled on Saturday, Aug. 4 : Osheaga will be held on Aug. 3-4-5, 2018. It is certainly the prime suspect. Each year, the crowd control on Ste. Hélène island is a nightmare on the Osheaga+fireworks evening. I would not be surprised to learn that authorities put some pressures for a such change.

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 14:29:20

Allo tout le monde

C'est OK la Ronde à donné les dates 2018 pour la présentation des feux.
Moi je veux y assister mais j'attends toujours la liste des firmes qui participeront à la compétition.

Est-ce qu'un membre de ce site a des nouvelles à ce sujet ?

Merci à l'avance pour votre attention

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 19:38:46

^ I have the same question. Its almost march and we have no idea of which companies are in the schedule this year. Id really like to know it beacause I have to book my flight ...

Posted: Feb 23, 2018 11:45:43

Hi Roger and Rovira,

As I remember from last year, the actual competing companies were not disclosed until the first week of April. There is also a tendency for the second half of March.

Posted: Mar 2, 2018 09:57:41

I have it on good authority that it's going to be an amazing line-up this year! Hopefully the information will be released soon!

Posted: Mar 23, 2018 04:32:58

Nice to hear that its going to be an amazing line up according to your sources! The thing is that I would like to know the companies and the dates of each one to know exactly how many days I ll be in Montreal. Depending on the companies I ll be in the city 2 or 3 weeks.

I was planning to record the shows, i dont have an amazing camera but enough to make nice HQ videos, I would like to upload the videos to youtube or something. Is there any chance to be near the cabin during the show? I have to find a good spot with a general view, not to far, not to close but the thing is i cant remember if there is place more than the offial seats.

One day we should talk about the fact that being Montreal the best fireworks competition in the world there is a lack of online promotion unlike other minor competitions that have lots of views in youtube and much more “online reputation”. The organizers should think about uploading good quality videos or something to show not only those who attend the event but to the rest of the world why is the most prestigious fireworks competition.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020