Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Full 2005 schedule announced
. 1 . 2 . >>
Last poster Message

Posted: Dec 15, 2004 13:49:41   Edited by: fireworksforum

The full list of companies and dates has been announed. I'm pleased that the three I predicted will be there.

Australia: Howard and Sons (as I suspected by the visitors I saw in the summer)

France: Groupe F

Argentina: Jupiter (as I suspected by the visitors I saw in the summer)

Sweden: Göteborgs FyrverkeriFabrik (this has been known for 2 years now!)

Spain: Ricasa

Czech Republic: Flash Barrandov (I had a feeling this would be the case)

Portugal: Luso

Canada: BEM

USA: Rozzi

Closing: Panzera

It is quite the line up!

Paul

Posted: Dec 15, 2004 14:28:54

I have to go now but just two comments for the moment:

1) Wow! Luso will be come back!
2) Wow! Five new competitors, like the 2003 vintage!

Fred

Posted: Dec 15, 2004 14:42:29

I agree with the Wows there Fred. Probably I'll be using WOW in my notes again next year. For those who don't know, Groupe F are the company that did the memboable fireworks on the Eiffel tower for the millenium celebration in Paris.

It should be an excellent competition and interesting since there will no manually fired displays at all (except for the closing show if past years are to be used as a guide).

Paul.

Posted: Dec 15, 2004 15:06:52

Hey, guys,

Once again, this is most unexpected. I thought at least the firm names would be revealed in January. Anyways, who's complaining?

Anyways, I'm pleased to say that Lars and myself were right about Luso for Portugal.

I'm also pleased about the 5 new firm competitors, as Fred stated. It's always great to have something new, especially in a variety!

Regarding Spain, I don't think I remember Ricasa representing them. This has to be new. I remember the display in France with those beautiful effects on the Eiffel tower for the mellnium celebrations. Well, it's good to know that it's this firm that's representing them! Czech Republic is new to Montreal, so the firm is no big surprise, but we may be in for a surprise! I've got this feeling that we may have a lot of surprises next year! Finally, Australia, I had a feeling that it would be them!

As for the shows being fired manually, except the closing show, I think this will be interesting, indeed. Is this the first year where all the competitors are using manually fired displays?

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Dec 15, 2004 15:14:41

Trav, you're reading too fast again. None of the shows will be manually fired *except* the closing show. All the competitors will be using some kind of digital firing system. Ricardo Caballer are famed for their amazing colours and got the Bronze Jupiter in 1998. They did some fabulous displays at the Symposium in Valencia last year too.

The Australian company have never been to Montreal either.

Paul.

Posted: Dec 15, 2004 15:24:52

A lot of new names!

But does anybody remember the 2000 Rozzi famous fireworks? How did you find them?

I remember I wasn't satisfied! I can remember they always shot one shell at a time... I found it boring, honestly

Posted: Dec 15, 2004 15:44:13

Paul,

In this case, I was typing too fast! Don't worry, I read properly. I meant it the other way around. Let me rephrase my question: Is this the first year where everyone will not be using manually fired displays?

As for the Australian team, I guess I mixed them up for someone else.

And yes, Enkil, a lot of new firms next year. As I said before, this is good, especially for new experiences. I have a feeling that we'll be in for a nice treat!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Dec 15, 2004 18:55:11

What' the difference between Vicente Caballer and Ricardo Caballer, S.A. (Ricasa) ?

does Caballer mean anything?

Posted: Dec 15, 2004 19:04:35

Caballer is their family name. Just like there are a lot of Tremblays in Quebec, there are a lot of Caballers in Valencia. There's Vincent, Antonio and Ricardo all running seperate fireworks companies. I think there is a strong rivalry between them, as you'd expect with any family like that.

Hope this makes sense,

Paul.

Posted: Dec 16, 2004 04:45:15

I must agree with the previous posts - it's going to be interessting with so many new companies, with good reputations.

I was right about some predictions but admit to be wrong about the Czech republic and Argentina - but it's also nice to have a surprise and they probably have something special to show

I agree with paul that it will set at floor to the standard, that all the competition displays are shot digitally
It also makes me wonder - just for how long is Panzera going to keep using a manual system in the competition good old Giovanni meant to show of the pinacle of pyrotecnic skills? Still - i certainly enjoyed their closing show so don't consider it a christisicm. Naturally, the conception is still the most important thing in a show

Well, it would be nice if I had the possibility to again this year after seeing this schedule, i must admit - there are some most interessting participants. This being a thumbs-up to the organisers

Lars

Posted: Dec 16, 2004 08:40:30   Edited by: Smoke

Hey guys,

I have to also admit that my predictions about this year's competition were not as accurate as in January. I remember being on track and getting almost every possible country and company on the dot! I was also sort of psychic about Spain and the firm and the time they were playing! Enkil brought this to my attention back in September.

Take a look at this, and read my second post:

http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum =5&topic=86

It was crazy because it was just a wild dream!

Regarding the firing system of the competition, I think that this will be the first year where everyone will not be using manually fired displays, except, of course, Panzera. Having so many new firms may make next year's competition unique, and I have a hunch that it will be very much different. I'm also happy that we're getting back to the good old gold, silver and bronze scenario. It makes things more exciting, in my opinion.

Make sure you guys check out that link I posted!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Dec 17, 2004 22:40:35

We had two times republic czeck Flash Barandov team in Quebec ( les grands feux loto-québec )and it was a pleasure to work with theses guys. Professional, beautiful bomb effect and a great firework conception...

Posted: Mar 15, 2005 12:31:39

In my mind, Groupe F has already won !
well, time will tell but you've been warned lol
buy your tickets for june 25th now

Posted: Mar 16, 2005 06:17:46

Dear "Anonymous",

Groupe F has not won any prize here. This company will compete in Montreal for the first time. But I agree with you that we can expect a great show from Groupe F: they produced the display at Tour Eiffel on January 1st, 2000.

Frédérick

Posted: Mar 16, 2005 11:02:32

That sounds promising.

Trav.

Posted: Mar 17, 2005 08:44:31

I've never seen any pyromusicals by Groupe F - anyone has? The Forum was not *that* choreographic superb compared to the budget... Nice show indeed, but not as many details in e.g. a Mondial-show...

And i'm not sure how effectfull their flame-throwers are - any insights on this?

Besides Luso and Ricasa will do whatever possible to compete them, i'm sure...

Have fun, overthere!

Lars

Posted: Mar 18, 2005 09:13:15

Lars,

It's good to hear from you again. It's too bad that you won't be able to attend, though.

But, anyways, I'm sure that we'll be expecting many new things this year, expecially with the new firms invloved, it will be another unique and fantastic year.

I'm particularly enthusiastic to witness the display presented by Groupe F for France, since they we're the one's who did the Eiffel Tower fireworks show for new years back in 2000. That was superbe!

They'll probably treat us with something different for their presentation, as well.

Oh yes, it's back to the gold, silver and bronze scenario.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Mar 21, 2005 12:11:03

Lars : were you at the forum you litlle $%?¯~{ ? lol

cause i almost went, but there was a change of plans at the last minute.

so if you were there, tell us about it a bit !

btw, groupe f did the eiffel tower yes, they also did almost every olympic ceremony since then. oh ! they already signed the next games in Italy ! plus they were in Québec like 5 times for shows like théâtre des amériques or les jeux de la francophonies and you may have seen them if you went to Bjork's show

and yes their flame throwers are deliciously efficient

so get your tickets for june 25th NOW !

Posted: Mar 22, 2005 09:20:54

I only saw the filmclips from various sites on the web, but they give a pretty good impression of their capabilities still...

And as mentioned their reference-list is probably the best in the world - they have made something spectaculat, i acknowlede that...

But they did a CAD 120.000 show here in Denmark which i was told was below expectation. I didn't attend the show myself so i can only refer to what i was told from people whom i usually agree with. But i'll have a chance to see what they can do, since they will be here in Denmark for a show on April 1 - looking forward to seeing their flame-throwers.

Besides - i'm not comming to Montreal next summer, but it would be nice to see their show if it can be arranged somehow

Regards,
Lars

Posted: Mar 24, 2005 06:32:04

Hey Lars,

I honestly wish that you could've come to Montreal this summer. But didn't you say that you were going to see some other competition somewhere else?

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Mar 24, 2005 06:50:30

Hi Trav

Yes, i've ordered tickets to the competition i Tarragona in Spain. There's 6 companies shooting and there's a show every night so there's more "bang for the buck" i guess - but they're not pyromusicals. However the videos i've seen confirm that there are some brutal finales (:
I'm sure Antonio Caballer will make a noisy one for sure...

Regards,
Lars

Posted: Mar 24, 2005 07:41:33

Lars,

"Brutal finales." That really gets me excited to the competition this year.

Who knows, you may be just as lucky, as well!

When does it begin?

Trav.

Posted: Mar 25, 2005 07:34:45

Posted: Mar 25, 2005 13:36:00

Lars,

Thanks for the links. I think it'll be a blast!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: May 30, 2005 04:44:36

Lars
Hi,

I went to see the fireworks last year and I just loved it. But you said you bought tickets? Where can I get them?

Thank you

Simone

Posted: Jun 2, 2005 07:23:38

Simone,

Basically, there are three ways to order your tickets:

1) on-line via the International des feux Loto-Québec's official website: http://www.internationaldesfeuxloto-quebec.com/en/

2) by calling "Réseau Admission" (phone number is available on the website); or

3) in person, at La Ronde's gate. I am sure that there are unsold tickets for most of displays until the last couple of hours.

I suggest to buy tickets in "Silver" level, section 3, 4, 5, or 7. You should avoid sections 1 and 2, plus the first 5-6 rows of sections 3 to 7, because you would not benefit from the inclination of floor; consequently, it could be more difficult to see some water effects (if this kind of effects are included in the display, of course). Please note that it is not possible to choose a specific seat when you purchase your tickets on-line.

Viewing the display from La Ronde is the best. You will benefit from the atmosphere and the proximity between you and the show. Plus, the soundtrack can be well understood throughout the display. Each show begins at 10 pm, but reach your seat before 9:30 pm to enjoy the official ceremony before each display.

These tickets give you the possibility to enjoy most La Ronde's rides and live entertainment.

Keep us informed about your experience!

Frédérick

Posted: Jun 2, 2005 11:13:57

Frédérick,

I think Simone was asking where to get tickets for the displays in Tarragona (which is where Lars said he'd got some for).

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Jun 3, 2005 06:00:46

Paul,

You are right! I have just read the last post on this topic... Sorry!

Fred

Posted: Jun 6, 2005 07:51:59

Hello all,
quick questions: I only have a chance to come to Montreal for one show - any recomendations?
THANK YOU!!!

Posted: Jun 6, 2005 15:50:51

Inga,

I believe that our expectations are especially high for the show produced by Grupo Luso Pirotecnia from Portugal (July 20th).

Fred
. 1 . 2 . >>

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019