Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› 2005 season press conference next week
Last poster Message

Posted: Apr 6, 2005 03:31:50

I have been invited to the press conference launching the 2005 competition. This is being held on April 12th and the invitation intriguingly says "a great change is forecast ... celebrate the event that will change the look of the most prestigious fireworks competition in the world".

You can be sure I'll report what that change of look is!

Paul.

Posted: Apr 6, 2005 05:08:48

Paul,

What you are reporting is truly interesting... My guess is that a new look will be disclosed for the marketing campaign, new slogan, TV- and newspaper-ads, for instance. About TV ad, that one broadcast last year can not be reused since it was a special for 20th anniversary.

I rely on you, Paul, for a complete coverage of this press conference!

Fred

Posted: Apr 6, 2005 08:11:58

Paul,

Truly interesting. Please keep us informed.

I hope this "change" is for the best.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Apr 11, 2005 12:18:08

Voici le communiqué de presse émis par La Ronde, diffusé par CNW aujourd'hui:

De très grands changements s'annoncent pour les feux d'artifice de La Ronde!

MONTREAL, le 11 avril /CNW TELBEC/ - L'équipe de La Ronde est heureuse de vous convier au grand dévoilement de la programmation 2005 du Concours international d'art pyrotechnique de Montréal. Une grande nouvelle vous y sera dévoilée. Joignez-vous à nous et soyez les premiers à découvrir les nouveautés
qui s'apprêtent à changer le visage de la plus prestigieuse compétition d'art pyrotechnique du monde.

Quand: Le mardi 12 avril 2005, à 11h
Où: Au Belvédère de La Marina de La Ronde, sur l'Ile Sainte-Hélène
Pont Jacques-Cartier: Sortie Parc Jean-Drapeau
Métro: Station Jean-Drapeau

Paul, I would like to be at this meeting but unfortunately, I am not a journalist! I hope that you will post a report as soon as possible after the press meeting! On my side, I will keep an eye on CNW website and I will post any further press release on this forum.

Fred

Posted: Apr 11, 2005 12:47:04

I have a strange feeling about the press conference scheduled tomorrow at La Ronde. A closer look to the press release give a new clue to the purpose of the meeting:

http://www.cnw.ca/fr/releases/archive/April2005/11/c4359.html

There is no mention of "Le Mondial SAQ", just the Montreal International Fireworks Contest. It should be normal to read "SAQ" since it is the main partner... or was it?

In my mind, the contract between La Ronde and SAQ was a 5-year one when it has been achieved in 2001.

The next 24 hours are going to be long!

Fred

Posted: Apr 11, 2005 14:21:17

Whatever it is, the concept will be the same, I think.

But yes, this is sort of strange, but we will get answers by the end of tomorrow, I'm sure.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Apr 12, 2005 10:01:39

I just got back from the press conference. The competition now has a new sponsor: Loto Quebec and will therefore be know as L'International Des Feux Loto-Quebec. The sponsorship will last for at least five years. Another change that was announced is that the simultaneous radio broadcast of the sound track will now be heard at 105.7 Rhythme FM. Other than that, the competition will continue with the same format as the previous 20 years.

I'm just about to head out to Japan for the 8th International Symposium on Fireworks so I'll update the themes of each of this year's competing displays when I get a chance.

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Apr 12, 2005 10:32:05

This change is an important news and we are going to see the effects on the next few months. Below is the link to the press release edited early today by La Ronde:

http://www.cnw.ca/fr/releases/archive/April2005/12/c4620.html

Loto-Québec is already the main partner of firework contest in Quebec City and, I believe, at Gatineau. I hope that La Ronde's team will continue to play a major role about the selection of the contestants in the Montreal International Fireworks Contest.

Another news is the opening of the contest to find the judges for 2005 season. I am happy to see that the jury will be a group of 19 judges, rather than 12 or 13 like in 2002 or 2003. The figures were 20 in 2004 for the special 20th edition, and 25 judges from 1992 to 2001.

Frédérick

Posted: Apr 12, 2005 11:57:26

Paul,

Very interesting news. Thanks for the update. Well, at least it's not a significant change to the art of the competition, and at least the same concept is still in force. This was my primary concern.

One question, how long is the competition expected to last?

And, of course, you'll have to change the sponsor title on the main page. It'll look kind of strange, but I don't mind.

Trav.

Posted: Apr 12, 2005 15:52:25

It will defently look strange, Smoke.

I actually liked the name Benson and Hedges and Mondial SAQ, but L'International Des Feux Loto-Quebec ? lol Just that the word "Loto" bugs me.

Anyway, Smoke, I think it will now last for another 5 years "Cette nouvelle collaboration qui s'échelonnera sur un minimum de 5 ans nous permettra définitivement d'assurer la pérennité d'une tradition locale".

You should all check the mondialsaq.com, they've updated and added more information.

Posted: Apr 13, 2005 10:42:13   Edited by: Smoke

Enkil,

So, I guess after 2010, it's over, huh? Oh well...

As for the title, it will be sort of strange and undoubtedly lengthy, unless you just put "Loto Quebec 2005," or something.

To me, I never really cared for Mondial SAQ either, but my favorite is still Benson and Hedges. I just find it more catchy.

BTW, some impressive weather in the long range forecast. Lets hope that stays there.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Apr 18, 2005 15:08:21

Anyone read that article in the Gazette regarding the competition? This was a few days ago.

Trav.

Posted: Apr 19, 2005 04:44:19

Did you read? Can you be more specific about the date of publication or the newspaper's section where it was? It would help me to retrieve this paper... Can you summarize this article?

Best regards,
Fred

Posted: Apr 19, 2005 06:26:18

Fred,

I don't really remember all the details about what it said, but I think the main focus of the whole article, in summary, was about the new sponsor, Loto-Quebec, which will be in force for 5 years. It also described some history of the competition, as well as the main structure of it, and mainly the respective dates when the competitors are to perform, starting with Australia on June 18th, I believe. There was some emphasis on the 5 new firms introduced to the competition this year, but not to a big extent of information about them.

Finally, just to note saying, on the statistics perspective at the end of the article, that the competition is getting more and more popular, rather than people getting fed up. This is a good thing.

Basically, most of the article will tell you what you already now, that's what I got after reading it. But there could be important things that I forgot to mention as I'm doing this from memory. However, I can conclude that the article was mainly there to "inform" you of anything new with the whole ordeal, as well as to notify the public of the approach of the competition.

As for the section, I honestly can't remember, but if I do, I'll let you know.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Apr 21, 2005 07:33:15

Hey Fred,

Sorry to say, I can't remember the section, but I hope the above summary helped in providing enough information.

Regards,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.016