Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Final countdown before June 18th
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 8, 2005 07:16:26

Only 10 DAYS before the first show of the 21th Montreal International Firework Contest!

I spent a couple of hours at La Ronde yesterday and the new "L'International des feux Loto-Québec" sign has been installed near the lake. The trailers (the firework team's headquarters for the summer) are in place near the river. The speakers are installed around the lake. The new jury is going to be trained next Saturday. So, all look ready to receive the team from Australia.

This forum will be more dynamic in the next few weeks. Thank you to Paul who has given us an opportunity to discuss about our passion during all winter. And now...

Que tombe la nuit! Que la fête commence! 10...

Fred

Posted: Jun 8, 2005 11:57:00   Edited by: Smoke

Fred,

Thanks for starting the thread. There's nothing better than counting down for the new season. However, I'm more with the official start by the hour. In this case, it will be 10 days at 10:00 P.M tonight, but no big deal. It's still 10 days in my books.

All in all, it will be an exciting countdown, especially considering what we've been through for almost 10 months. I'm also happy that there's no opening show this year. I prefer 9 countries rather than 8. I'm also happy that the old gold, silver and bronze scenario is back. In my opinion, it makes it more exciting.

I just wish I had a fireworks display for tomorrow night since it's my graduation night from college. I think that would've been great. The formal convocation begins at 6:30 P.M, but I have to be there for 5:00 P.M. In any case, an excellent and hot day for us tomorrow, so there shouldn't be any problems, since it's held outside. However, I'm still feeling pessimistic on whether or not I should go to the ceremony.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jun 13, 2005 05:38:52

Only FIVE DAYS!

Posted: Jun 13, 2005 06:01:22

Yes, only five days. Time is really flying, which I hate, especially at this time of the year. I wish we could just go back to the beginning of June.

Trav.

Posted: Jun 14, 2005 07:13:26

Only FOUR DAYS!

It is raining in Montreal this morning and I hope that weather forecast are going to improve for Saturday... This morning, the Australian team and La Ronde's crew should start the set-up for the first show.

Paul, will you go on the firing ramp in the next few days? I hope that you will have some information to share with us before the show!

Fred

Posted: Jun 14, 2005 08:01:05

As of now, it will be showery on Saturday, for now, of course. More details in the weather thread.

Lets just hope it doesn't rain that day or else we'll get off to a rotten start. It's a shame the competition didn't start last weekend.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jun 14, 2005 23:56:52

Yes there was very heavy rain at the site all day on tuesday. The land ramps are very wet and there is plenty of mud to walk through during the weeks preparation. I hope it clears up for Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Andrew Howard
Howard & Sons Pyrotechnics Displays

Posted: Jun 15, 2005 08:31:34

Andrew Howard,

Thanks for you message. It is not common to have a contestant who write on this forum and your contribution is really appreciated.

I suspect that producing a display for the first time in this competition is a stressing task. I am sure that you have a good support from La Ronde's crew and that you should be confident.

I have seen all displays produced at La Ronde since 1996 and I am ever fascinated by new products, new technics and new concepts. I will really thrilled to discover yours. Good luck!

And the final countdown continues...
Only THREE DAYS!!!

Fred

Posted: Jun 16, 2005 08:14:52

Fred,

you're right, it is nice to have a competitor take part in the discussions here. I know that there are probably more who read than write here.

Andrew, sorry the weather is so grim this week. Perhaps last week would have been worse with it being so hot and humid - I know that with all the sand on the firing ramps the conditions can be brutal down there. Though I don't suppose the mud is much fun either. Best of luck on Saturday!

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Jun 16, 2005 14:16:31

Yes, it's always great to get feedback from the crew members of the displays. Last year, I actually got a response from IPON.

I encourage you all to participate in the discussions here with all the other members of this forum. It would be great to give you guys some feedback on your performances, as well as to discuss your ideas on your own experience during the show.

Trav.

Posted: Jun 17, 2005 06:04:26

Only ONE DAY!!!

I was thinking about the set-up when I walked to the bus stop this morning, under rain... It must be dramatic for the australian team and La Ronde's crew to perform their work with these conditions.

Fred

Posted: Jun 17, 2005 09:50:33

Did they enough time to setup everything? Or will they?

Posted: Jun 17, 2005 10:29:13

Enkil,

I'm sure they had enough time to set up everything, though we have to understand that it was hard for them to work because of the weather, especially considering what the remnants of Arlene did Tuesday morning. Then we had that bigger low pressure system that delivered even more rain, especially today, and in the past couple of days. That really didn't help.

It's actually hard to believe that we close to, or more than 30C for almost 2 weeks straight. Now we're struggling just to hit 20C. But a change for Monday and Father's Day.

Trav.

Posted: Jun 17, 2005 16:15:43

Hi guys Andrew Howard here again. Just got back to the hotel on Friday night after a very wet, cold and windy day on the ramps.

Everything is going well with our preparations and we hope that the weather will clear up tomorrow and at show time we will have a nice slight wind away from the seating audience at Le Ronde.

All our crew and the Le Ronde crew have working brilliantly in such terrible weather conditions and all going well I'm sure you will enjoy our show.

I'm not given away anything about our show other than what you can get from the montrealfireworks.com site. So enjoy the suprises.

Andrew Howard-Howard & Sons Pyrotechnics

Posted: Jun 18, 2005 08:23:43

Andrew,

Yes, I'm sure your show will be a great one. And yes, it's always best if we're stuck in suspense.

As predicted about 2 weeks ago, we had a terrible week of cool, windy and quite wet weather. I know it was hard for you to work in this, but if the competition was to begin last week, you would've had that sizzling weather to work with.

As for the forecast, we should be clearing up throughout the day and the evening, but it will be cool. I'm advising everyone to bring something to keep warm. It may be 16C this evening, but the winds will make it feel a little cooler. Not a windchill effect, but the idea is there.

Anyways, if I don't hear from you today, good luck tonight.

Regards,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.027