Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Australia: Press Release
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 16, 2005 13:31:06

I reproduce below the most interesting segment of a press release edited by La Ronde about the australian show. Entire document is available following this link: http://www.cnw.ca/fr/releases/archive/June2005/16/c2891.html

According to this document, it will be especially interesting to be at La Ronde to fully enjoy the show owing to the use of many proximity effects.

Fred

La Ronde's International des Feux Loto-Québec to kick off summer with a grandiose fireworks show by Australia's biggest pyrotechnics firm

MONTREAL, June 16 /CNW Telbec/ - At 10 p.m. on Saturday, June 18, La Ronde will kick off Montréal's season of summer festivities with the first show of the 2005 International des Feux Loto-Québec, featuring a dazzling pyromusical performance by Australia's biggest fireworks firm, Howard & Sons Pyrotechnics.

(...)

Howard & Sons Pyrotechnics of Australia, represented by the firm's manager, Andrew Howard, product designer Christian Howard and pyromusical designer Stewart Bensley, will be taking part in the Montréal competition for the first time. Its performance, "Fusion Groove Dynamique," is a stunning
pyromusical exhibition blending colours, rhythms and effects with style and sophistication to a soundtrack inspired by the Montréal International Jazz Festival. From Eddy Mitchell to Michael Bublé to Saint-Germain to Harry Connick Jr., this large-scale spectacle will merge several musical genres, including jazz and swing, to create a one-of-a-kind rhythmic atmosphere.
The Australian team plans to use the unique architecture of the La Ronde launching pads and nearby Lac des Dauphins to exploit its house specialty - proximity fireworks - to their full potential. And, perfectly in keeping with the "fusion" theme of its performance, the firm has developed impressive fireballs that, we are promised, will bathe spectators in heat all the way to Place du Canada. Howard & Sons will also delight the Montréal public by showing off its star colours, including silver glitter, gold twinkle and many pastel shades.
Founded in 1922, the manufacturing firm Howard & Sons Pyrotechnics of Australia represents a family tradition and fireworks-making expertise spanning four generations. Among other things, it is renowned for its uniquely creative pyromusical style, which has brought it over 10 distinctions in prestigious fireworks competitions everywhere on the planet. It is also
considered a leading light of the pyrotechnics industry due to the quality and variety of its proximity fireworks and the wide range of pieces it exports to Europe and Asia.

(...)

Posted: Jun 16, 2005 14:12:36   Edited by: Smoke

Well, lets just hope that there wouldn't be too much breaks where nothing could be seen from where I watch, on Notre-Dame and De Lorimier. That's sort of what happened last year with the opening show where the Circus Orange performed many segments that only the people at La Ronde would benefit to see. Not to show any criticism to Circus Orange, but there were many who were disappointed last year during the opening show because of long periods to not see anything.

I know it's not the same idea, but I just want to make sure a similar type of thing wouldn't happen.

Despite that, however, the show sounds pretty neat, especially with the idea of many colors.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jun 17, 2005 03:42:13

Buy a ticket and go to le ronde you cheap skate.

Posted: Jun 17, 2005 05:56:57

Trav,

I strongly recommend to view the fireworks from La Ronde. Buying a ticket to be sit down at each display would be expensive, I know, but the season pass is a good deal: 80$ with saving coupon available on-line (until June 19th). This is only 8$ per display. And you can go at La Ronde during all summer, plus September and October (the FrightFest is a terrific experience!). It is possible to have a good viewpoint when you are stand up just behind Place du Canada.

I understand that it is disappointing for people outside La Ronde when they can not see anything for a long segment. But it is clear that displays are mainly designed to be seen from La Ronde, since the amusement park organizes this competition to stimulate his economic performance. Furthermore, the effects launched near the ground or right above the lake are often a fantastic dimension of the show.

Fred

Posted: Jun 17, 2005 10:09:05   Edited by: Smoke

Fred,

Well, that's the problem. No one wants to got to La Ronde in my family. In any case, we must realize that La Ronde can only hold so many people, while the majority of people are viewing elsewhere. However, it's NOT like you can't see anything from where I stand. You could see most of the bottom effects, but not in 100% detail, unless I go right up to the steel gate on Notre-Dame. I know it's obvious that the displays are specificly designed for La Ronde, but the problem is that there are lots of people in surrounding areas. But, it's no big deal. It was, however, a different story during last year's opening show. But I'm thinking about buying tickets for the finale this year.

As for Mr. Anonymous, I think that you're pretty much generalizing by calling me a cheap skate. That's like saying that the vast majority of people around me are cheap skates. And I have a feeling that I know who you are.

Regards,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.022