Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Le Salon des Artificiers and 2006 Construction
Last poster Message

Posted: Sep 26, 2005 06:09:18   Edited by: fredbastien

The building which was located in the miniature golf area, home to a British Pub during Expo 67 and Terre des Hommes, then to the Salon des Artificiers from 2003 to 2005, has been demolished last week. I went to La Ronde yesterday and a journey into the Minirail gave me an opportunity to pass above this area. The miniature golf and this building are now just a souvenir.

This location is expected to be home to the station of a new roller coaster. I guess that Le Salon des Artificiers will be relocated, maybe in one of the building inside the Medieval Village.

Frédérick

Posted: Sep 28, 2005 13:03:42

Thanks for the news Fred.

The Salon des Artificiers has been in several locations in the years that I've been attending the displays as a member of the press corps. When I first started attending in 1996, the Salon was what is now the Bistro SAQ. This area was reserved as a press-only and VIP area until Six Flags took over. In the first full year of their tenure, the artificiers themselves set up a Salon in what had been a Lebonese restaurant in that building to the Grand Roue side of the Tea Cups ride. It stayed here for a couple of years before ending up in the location next to the mini Golf. Even here its location and purpose has been somewhat confused as the PR folks greet the press corps in the area of the Bistro SAQ but everyone returns to the Salon after the display. The problem with the building that had been the Lebanese restaurant was that it was in the safety exclusion zone so all the pyros and other enthusiasts had to wait for what seemed like an eternity for the good folks in the fire department to give the all-clear and allow us to proceed to that room.

I would humbly suggest that the Bistro SAQ is restored to its role as Salon - perhaps the upstairs area would be the most appropriate place for this as I don't think it is used for anything else. One thing is for sure - we certainly need our Salon des Artificiers!!

Paul.

Posted: Sep 29, 2005 10:18:12

Paul,

I believe that the upstairs area of L'Auberge, home to the Bistro SAQ, is used for catered events each firework nights. The corporate VIP can purchase a package which includes a dinner given inside La Marina, Le Jupiter and the second floor of L'Auberge. But I suspect that both floors of L'Auberge are free after the display, since the Bistro SAQ is opened up to 9:00pm.

Fred

Posted: Jun 16, 2006 20:27:02

I just come back from La Ronde tonight and, Paul, you will be happy to learn that the Salon des Artificiers is back to the first floor of L'Auberge! The Bistro SAQ is relocated along the lake, where TV programs "Sucré Salé" was recorded in previous years, in front of the former Lebanese restaurant. I suspect that the latter building will be use to prepare food and beverages for the Bistro SAQ.

Fred

Posted: Jun 17, 2006 08:12:26

Thanks for the update Fred! This sounds like good news.

See you this evening.

Paul.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020