Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Special videos of the winners for forum members
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 29, 2006 16:25:56

I will be uploading full videos of all the winning displays this year (assuming my predictions are correct) as a special treat for forum members only. You will have to be logged in to see the link to the files to download.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 29, 2006 18:51:04

Alright, thanks for the update, Paul.

It seems we both have the exact same predictions. Does anyone know where they will announce the winners?

Trav.

Posted: Jul 30, 2006 14:09:06

Thanks a lot Paul! I'll burn them and keep them as a souvenir.

I just finished watching US' video and the quality is really not bad!

Let's just hope that Powweb's 400GB will be enough for everyone lol. Actually, I wanted to choose them as a Web host, but since they're based in US and I don't have a credit card and all that, I had to go with a Canadian registrar. But the amount of bandwidth Powweb and GoDaddy provide for a low price is really overwhelming. Too bad they're in US.

BTW, I wanted to tell you that you should sign up with Google Adsense and monetize montreal-fireworks.com. They don't have a lot of Montreal fireworks ads, but they sure have plenty of Montreal ads.

Posted: Jul 30, 2006 16:43:33

quel est ladress du lien pour telecharger

Posted: Jul 30, 2006 16:52:33

Le lien (2006 Jupiter Videos) est à droit de ton écran. Tu dois être "logged in" pour pouvoir cliquer le lien et télécharger les vidéos sur une nouvelle page.

Posted: Jul 30, 2006 17:56:23

can't wait to see the videos Paul, thanks for all the updates

Posted: Jul 30, 2006 19:30:09

je lai trouver merci enkil

Posted: Jul 30, 2006 20:09:21

I can't listen the videos, is it normal?¿ Moreover, I just can watch the finale, not the other parts. Please, tell me if it's normal. THANK YOU!!!!

Posted: Jul 30, 2006 20:21:49

Rovira,

Install the DivX codec. Maybe after all your problems will be solved.

You can find the latest one at www.divx.com

Posted: Jul 30, 2006 21:03:56

THANK YOU!!!!!

Posted: Jul 31, 2006 14:13:20

And the other videos?¿ Will be on the net?¿

Posted: Jul 31, 2006 14:32:21   Edited by: Smoke

I'm really looking forward to the videos, Paul. Given that it's the end of the competition, it gives me more of a reason to have high anticipations.

Edit: Nevermind, I see them there. Thanks again.

Trav.

Posted: Aug 17, 2006 17:45:54   Edited by: Salutes lover

Hey guys,

I hope you are enjoying the month of August.
Don't forget that we have half a month down and 10 months to go to the next Firework competition already!

I would like to share the clips I have taken this year of the finales, so does someone want me to send him my dvd, so that it can be shared with all of us in the forum?

I hope you are all doing fine and are not too depressed with the fact that the Montreal sky has not been bombarded with fireworks in the past 3 weeks

Bye for now.

Pierre

Posted: Aug 17, 2006 21:35:31   Edited by: Enkil

Hi Pierre,

I've actually been able to find all of this year's finales recorded from different angles on YouTube.com and pyroplanet.com for example. So we pretty much have everything we wanted, except the full video of every display. pyroplanet.com was suppose to correct the sound problem, but I don't think they have.

However, if you want me to put your finales online, you can always send it to me and I'll do it for you. I don't mind at all.

Posted: Aug 18, 2006 15:26:18

Pierre,

I actually have full videos of all of this years displays with the exceptions of Argentina and Canada when I had battery problems with my camera. I have plenty of hosting space and bandwidth now and so I'd be happy to upload your videos too.

Regards,

Paul.

Posted: Aug 18, 2006 22:55:32

Message to both Paul and Enkil,

Here is my email address, so that we can make arrangements so that I can send my dvd to you:

maplesyrup99@hotmail.com

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Pierre

Posted: Aug 21, 2006 12:47:18

Hi Pierre,

It's been quite some time, my friend! I sort of got worried when we didn't hear from you just after the closing show! In any case, I'm really looking forward to seeing the finales you recorded, though most of them were not the greatest.

Anyhow, I'm glad that everything is going well with you, but it appears that we have to wait, yet again, another long while for next year's competition. Plus, there's no pyjama fireworks this year.

I've been taking a lot of trips to Ontario, especially near Cornwall all the way to Kingston and even Toronto at one time. I know you have family in Cornwall, so I'm guessing you made some visits there as well. I'm hoping to make a trip to Quebec City before we head back to school.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 21, 2006 21:37:57

Hi Travis

Thank you for worrying my friend, but I am doing fine! I always feel sad in the following weeks after the last display of the international competition and I find that 10 months before the next display is a longggggggggggggg wait!

I will be going to Ontario in September to see members of my family, but they are in Cambridge. I do know someone who has family in Cornwall though, so you are right about that! I am glad to know you are enjoying Summer by doing trips to our neighbour to the West!

This past weekend, I watched the finales I have on my computer and I played those I have from Italy's IPON S.R.L. repeatedly, until I could not take it no more.....LOL To me, IPON S.R.L.'s finales are exactly what I expect from a wonderful finale. So I am praying that they will be coming back to Montreal in 2007
I am addicted to their finales....want them, need them, gotta have them! LOL

By the way, I will be transferring the finales I have recorded this year on dvd......will do that pretty soon.

Enjoy the rest of the Summer, Travis!

Pierre

Posted: Aug 22, 2006 14:30:11

Hellow folks,

WOW, the USA display was fantastic! It's the best synchro I have ever seen. France's display was very moving, truely special. However, the Australian display was fine but nothing spectacular, Africa was better (to me). Anyways, thank you very much Paul for uploading the videos (even if the audio is out of synce for 0.5 seconds, but it can be easily fixed). I saw the USA video 50 times so far, it's truely that good! . Anyways, 10 more months until it starts over .

Dan

Posted: Aug 23, 2006 14:25:39   Edited by: Smoke

Hi Pierre,

I know what you mean when you say that you miss the competition as soon as it's over in addition to the following weeks after. And yes, unfortunately, it's a major drag knowing that we must wait such a long time, as always, for the next season. However, I suppose we're all in acquiescence with the mere fact that there's a multitude of events to look forward to until that time, although the Pyjama fireworks isn't one of them, unfortunately.

I appreciate the kind remarks about my frequent trips to Ontario, though we have slowed down now since it's the end of August. Plus, the weather has been so cool/cold recently and we didn't have any real heat since that big electrical storm on August 1st (I hope you saw that one!) I also hope that you enjoy your trip to Cambridge, Ontario in September!

I see that you were having a blast watching the finale of IPON 2004, but I don't blame you for being addicted, my friend. I have also watched it many times, but probably not as much as you! I, too, am hoping for their return in 2007. Really, 2004 was a real year for the fireworks, especially with finales and coincidences with Enkil and myself! There's something about 2004 that's really different than this year and last year.

Anyhow, once again, I look forward to seeing those finales you recorded while it is simultaneously a pleasure just to see you with us. Thank you for the good wishes! If we don't see each other on the forum frequently, I'll send you an email from time to time, ok?

Hi Dan,

It certainly has been some time, my friend! I know you were in Italy for the second half of the competition, but it's too bad we didn't get many good finales this season as well, despite Australia, Italy and South Africa's, though Italy's had problems. Even Panzera was much less than I expected.

With regards to the shows in general, I thought that everything was fair while I was right with my predictions of the winners, though I just had them in the wrong spots, except for France, who was in 2nd. I certainly enjoyed all 3 displays to a high extent while France was very artistic, conceptual and fortifying with its complex thematic scheme while having a wide spectrum of color to reinforce it. The US was very powerful and had the best synchronization of all participants, though the display in its entirety was not totally original, in my opinion. I personally enjoyed Australia's display more than the other two mainly because it was/felt more powerful and intense all the way through while the finale was the best this year. The colors were gorgeous and very rich, even slightly more than France's. The public was enamored by the diversity of the effects and I really enjoyed the integration of the well selected music soundtrack. The show, too, was also based on a complex conceptual premise that really worked well with the overall artistic movement while the choice of music was intrinsically chosen and was possibly the most enjoyable to the audience, though perhaps some of the music may have been perceived to be repetitive due to the frequency they were used at in previous years, but I feel that different rhythmic flow allows for differing approaches. However, the biggest downfall for the team were the technical problems, so I suppose it's fair that they were placed in 3rd considering that France and the US didn't have any technical dilemma, I think.

Australia did a fantastic job from beginning to end and I really enjoyed the nearly non-stop action all the way through while also being the loudest display, in my humble opinion. It's a shame that the erroneous situations presented themselves when they did or else I'm sure they would have easily hit 1st or 2nd place.

And yes, as I told Pierre, we have another long period to wait, but be of good cheer!

Oh yes, Dan, I think you missed our big electrical storm on August 1st!

Trav.

Posted: Aug 24, 2006 20:01:34   Edited by: Salutes lover

Hi Travis,

Thank you for your nice message and wishes. I am enjoying the cooler weather that we've been having lately, as I don't really like hot and humid weather.....so I don't have a problem knowing that Fall is coming soon and that Winter will follow! On August 1st, I did witness the intense thunderstorm after a horrible day of hot and humid weather. Unfortunately, some people died on that day, because of lightning I remember wishing I had my feet buried in two feet of snow on that day! I really am a "winter boy", a rare species.....LOL

Like you, I am really looking forward to next year's competition....already less than 10 months away....but also looking forward to other events. I hope we still get those winter holidays' fireworks in the Old Port in December.

During that time, we might be getting the schedule for the 2007 season....wishing hard that IPON S.R.L. will be there......sorry, but I have a one track mind!

I will be putting the finales I have recorded this season on DVD, very shortly, so that you can view them!

Oh......and feel free to email me anytime you wish, Travis....it's always a pleasure to hear from you, my friend.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Pierre

Posted: Aug 27, 2006 13:00:06

Hi Paul,

How can I get the full videos of this year's displays? I'd love to be able to view them once again!

Have a great week.

Pierre

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020