Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› New member video - Italy 2000 (IPON)
Last poster Message

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 21:37:36   Edited by: fireworksforum

Since there's quite the fan club for Benito Pagano here, I thought it would be appropriate that this month's video is a display by IPON. With the same designer, Joachim Berner, as this years display by IP of Germany, I thought the 2000 display would bring a smile to everyone's face. Note that this month's video was filmed from a different position (to the right hand side of the display area in front of the Jardin d'Etoiles) with an analog video camera (actually a Betacam) and was then transferred to S-Video tape before I digitized it. One channel of the sound comes directly from the mixing desk at La Ronde.

Enjoy!

By the way, TRae has the Symposium videos ready for me to upload, but we'll save those for December - which should be quite the treat as there's about an hour's worth.

Paul.

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 22:36:54

Thanks for uploading this i'm sure it would would be a nice show!!

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 01:35:47   Edited by: Smoke

Hi Paul,

Thank you kindly for that glorious video of IPON! I know there is a huge fan club on this forum regarding the firm, and I know for a fact that Pierre, in particular, is a huge lover for it.

In any case, I was actually thinking, but do you think it would be appropriate to upload a video once every 2 weeks? Yeah, I'm impatient, but it's just a thought...

Thanks again. This video was actually quite the surprise.

Trav.

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 05:43:23   Edited by: reflections_of_earth

I was thinking the same Trav! i think that 6 months isn't enough to upload all of paul's videos but i tihnk uploading every two week would be enough hahahah! it for both the sake of uploading everything and being impatient hahahaha!!

vander

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 12:36:34   Edited by: Enkil

Thanks a lot for the video! I'd love to see more of the older displays from the 90s and early 2000. Watching a display from the 80s would be fascinating!

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 12:58:08

Wow..nice video. Thank you Very much!!! It could be great to see the Spanish display of the same year (

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 12:59:53

Wow..nice video. Thank you Very much!!! It could be great to see the Spanish display of the same year (Igual, with a great finale).

I agree with reflections..you have a lot of videos, so you could upload one video every two weeks !!!! ;-)

------------------------------------------

I can't see the finale of this movie...is it normal?¿ For me it's only 25 minutes long.

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 14:01:39

It plays the full 30 minutes for me - the finale is to van Halen's "Jump" and is one of the most exciting finales of all time

Paul.

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 15:03:52

It'd be sweet if we could have access to all the displays since 1985. But yes, I totally agree with Enkil - it would be so cool to see more displays from the 90s, early 2000s (particularly Spain 2001), and of course the good old 80s. I wonder if La Ronde has some kind of video archive of all the displays since the beginning of this competition.

Again, nice video! I hope December's video is also a sweet surprise selection since it's indeed almost Christmas time.

Trav.

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 19:31:40

It could be great to see the Spanish display of the same year

Don't worry, I have the video from that display, it will be coming eventually. And no, I'm not going to be putting one up every two weeks otherwise there's be nothing for the post-2008 competition period!

I wonder if La Ronde has some kind of video archive of all the displays since the beginning of this competition.

No, they don't as far as I know. The videos I'm putting up from the late 1990s were filmed by the guy that La Ronde used to use - he only had one set of tapes and recorded over the previous year each time It was only when Six Flags took over and La Ronde started making DVDs for the competitors that a true record was kept. Kind of sad really.

Paul.

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 15:42:46   Edited by: Smoke

Paul,

Yeah, that is rather unfortunate. It would have certainly been nice to see at least one or two displays from the 80s, or even the early 90s, when I started attending. I wonder if maybe a few faithful individual spectators out there may have gone through the trouble to actually record many displays since 1985...oh, the possibilities... However, the good news is that we have plenty of good videos to view at the moment, and I suppose that's a lot better than nothing.

Edit: Wait a minute - did you just say that you have Spain 2001 (Igual), Paul??! o_0 You have no idea of how much I've been dying to see that again after all these years since I witnessed it that very night!

Trav.

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 03:38:14

I think he said spain of 2000 but i wish he has the controversial display by igual on 2001 I think he has all of 1998 to 2000 hahaha!!! i would love to see all of them because i think i'm the one who knows the lease here about the competition hehehe!!

Vander

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 08:17:44

What was controversial about Igual's display in 2001? They won the Gold Jupiter and I don't recall anyone being upset at the time so I fail to see what the controversy was. BTW, I don't have any videos from 2001.

Paul.

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 08:38:00   Edited by: reflections_of_earth

How the faux finale fooled people!! hahaha! and how many people here would love to have it hahahah!!!

Vander

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 13:40:25

BTW, I don't have any videos from 2001

That's a bummer. I actually thought that Rovira was referring to Igual, since Igual was in Montreal in 2001 and Caballer presented in 2000, so maybe that's where the confusion came into play. However, I do recall Spain 2000 having an excellent display as well, so no worries.

Spain 2001, though, had one killer beast of a finale, and the faux finale itself was monstrous. Truly unforgettable.

Trav.

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 07:05:31   Edited by: Rovira

^^^Yes, I was talking about Igual in 2001. Sorry.

I though you had this video............We should try to contact with La Ronde or even Pirotecnia Igual to see the movie !!!!!!! I will try with Igual!!!!!

I'm hungry to see one of the most famous finales and also faux-finales of the Montreal Fireworks Competition.

Now lets see the Caballer's display (also a good show, I'm sure!)
-------------------------

Rovira

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 20:47:17   Edited by: Smoke

I don't think La Ronde would have it available, so your best luck is with Igual, though I have no contact information to get in touch with them. I know I had Enkil all excited for the last few years in hopes to see Igual's finale/faux finale of 2001, so I really wanted him to view it, as well as others who didn't get a chance to witness it that fine day. What made those total last few minutes of Igual's performance so differentiable compared to most other displays is that the faux finale felt so compelling in the sense that it seemed like the real thing, leaving people thinking that it couldn't possibly get any more vehement than it already was. Not long after that segment, all hell was breaking loose before our very eyes - I think I remember almost collapsing after that...Easily one of the top finales that I've seen since 1990.

In any case, despite this, again I cannot wait to see the video of Spain 2000. And yes, that was also a powerful show, so keep looking forward to it.

Cheers,

Trav.

Posted: Nov 8, 2007 04:42:25   Edited by: reflections_of_earth

A few comments about the show

I think that this show was better than most of the once i've seen since 2006 and 2007. The synchronization was really nice and there was less one shot synchro but the shells synchronization made up more than the one shots!! I find the effects very sutiable for the music also! one of my favorite example would be the part where the song says spread you little wing and fly away! That was Sooo Sweet!! also at first with the white shell of shells and blue shell of shells! My favorite segments might either be love hurts or another brick on the wall! any of those two segments i liked

There were also many nice multi break shells which was really nice (although some were not as tightly synchronized) and also the tourbillions! I didn't see any nautical effects but thats fine everythin else made up for it

The finale was great and the build was well controlled!

vander,

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 06:40:08

I sent an e-mail to Pirotecnia Igual. I hope they answer soon.

I talked about you, about this web page work (great job). I talked about what people think about the display. I think (I wish)they will give us the video.

That's it...anything else for now.

Rovira.

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 07:49:50

I also wish that they would give it to us

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 11:38:50

Rovira,

Would it be alright if you share Igual's email address with us? I don't mind sending them emails once in a while.

I hope they send the video of the display, or at least the finale.

Trav.

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 12:28:01   Edited by: Rovira

Of course !!!!! The e-mail adress: info@pirotecniaigual.com

If not take a look on their web site: www.pirotecniaigual.com

There is a nice video of Montreal fireworks.
------

Wait some days to send e-mails. If they don't send me the video then we will "attack" with more e-mails.

We'll get the video !!!!!! hahahahhaha.

Bye !!!

Rovira

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 13:33:09

Meh, still no response from Igual regarding the video. I really would love to see Spain 2001 again.

Trav.

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 23:16:13

I still can't get enough of that video that canuck posted of Italy 2004 (IPON). I swear that I've watched it at least 10 times in a row today alone in addition to all the times viewed since it was posted here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaJnOF_a8cc

Trav.

Posted: Nov 26, 2007 07:16:04

Wow!!!!!!!!! It's the first time I see this video from this point of view!!!!! I saw the video from La Ronde, but I prefer this one.....AWESOME FINALE!!!!!!!

Love people laughing and screaming...Very intense....!!!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!!

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 20:33:27

Paul,

That is THE perfect Christmas gift that you just offered all of us, by sharing the full IPON 2000 display with us And you are right....it brought a huge smile on my face! Benito Pagano is, to me, a pyrotechnical genious, as his shows and especially his finales, induced in me an addiction to fireworks! I just hope he will get to read this post. Benito, YOU'RE THE BEST!!!

I have Benito Pagano and IPON S.R.L. to thank for such intense and exciting firework displays...

I have Paul to thank for sharing these clips with us, making possible for us to view those "chef d'oeuvre" again and again....

And last but not least, thank you Travis, for letting me know about the IPON clip in here....you are a true friend!

OK......I will go watch that IPON display once again.......I lost count of how many times I watched it and it seems like I will never get tired of it.....LOL

Have a great week, everyone!

Pierre

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 20:23:46

Hey Pierre,

Nice to see you on the forum again! It was also no trouble at all in letting you know about this IPON video from 2000, especially since we all know that you're a big enthusiast.

I've been watching quite a bit of finales myself in the last little while, particularly Italy's finale of 2004 and Spain's (Caballer) finale of that same year as well.

Take care, Pierre.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.021