Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› No video for now :(
Last poster Message

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 19:55:51

My main server's motherboard seems to be dead so I can't access any video files at the moment ... so until it's fixed, I'm afraid there won't be any new member videos uploaded. Sorry about that. To make up for the delay I'll try and make sure it's a special one

All the best for 2008,

Paul.

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 23:16:20

aww that bites. I hate it when hardware just randomly craps out

Maybe we need to start a buy paul a new mobo fund except I wouldn't be of any help being broke without a dime on me lol.

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 10:14:39

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 00:04:27

i'm so excited for the video since you said that it will be a special one! any updates on when you could upload the video?
vander

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 08:26:08

It's going to be a couple of weeks at least before I'll be able to upload any more videos - I'm busy at work and have various things I have to do to get access to the files again. Don't worry, I'll keep everyone posted.

Paul.

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 06:12:18

anu updates??

vander

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 13:09:08

Looks like we might get two videos since February is coming up quite soon, so it could be a "2 for 1".

Either way, you guys have no idea as to how much enthusiasm I'm showing with January meeting its end. The month is by far my most disliked of the year since it is in the depths of Winter! At least the days are getting slowly longer and the sunset is lasting in the horizon past 5:00 p.m since about a week now - we've actually gained about 43 mins (as of today) of extra daylight off of the sunrise and sunset combined since December 19th.

Anyway, just thought I'd brighten your spirits that way. Look forward to the video(s). Still no response from Igual about their performance in 2001.

Trav.

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 05:38:34

It's almost February and there's no update. Any news about the health of the main server's motherboard?

Bye!

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 09:08:39

i guess we would be getting 2 videos at the same time?? hehehe! that would be awesome! i'll look forward to these videos!! i guess we should be getting new videos soon?

vander

Posted: Feb 1, 2008 01:31:15

Well guys, it's now officially February, so I suppose we can expect both videos pretty soon. Not only that, but we're now a month closer to the start of the competition.

I'm so thrilled that January is gone that I feel like throwing a huge party. In any case, there's now 141 days, 20 hours and 29 mins until France's display, and simultaneously the 1st day of Summer!

Too bad that snowstorm is coming later today, though.

Trav.

Posted: Feb 1, 2008 18:47:12

Good news and badnews - the good news is that there will be some new videos up in the next couple of days. The bad news is that I still haven't rescued my dead computer yet - I've been too busy. But it will get done in the next few weeks.

Paul.

Posted: Feb 1, 2008 19:58:19

yay! for the good news!!! as for the bad news, atleast it it will be alive soon hehe!! OOh i wonder which videos will come out hehehehe!!

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 14:46:39

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 18:31:11

Thanks for the update, Paul, and I really look forward to seeing the videos.

Since today is Groundhog Day, there was some pleasant results in that 2 of the 3 Groundhogs didn't see their shadows, and so we can possibly expect an early Spring within the next 6 weeks. The one in Pennsylvania did see his shadow, though.

As I mentioned to Enkil, it's interesting to see how this prediction fends off against La Nina since a La Nina has a tendency to prolong Winter's duration....I put my faith in the Groundhog.

Anyhow, again, I look forward to the videos! I wonder if they'll be from the 90's...

Trav.

Posted: Mar 3, 2008 19:06:32

March video coming soon?

Should be a nice pick since beautiful Spring is in 17 days.

Trav.

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 08:02:52

still no video?? i wonder when there will be one again! i hope that the next montreal video will blow our minds away lol! )

vander

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 10:18:47

I am assuming that Paul still cannot recover his files.

The reason for the delay is my fault really. I've got two DVD copies of some displays (one copy for me, one for Paul) and I have not found the time to drop the DVD off at his house since it's a little out of my way. However, there is a possibility that I can get it to him this weekend.

I will do my best.

Tyler

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 13:09:26

Don't worry about it too much, TRae - we'll be patient. Besides, the start of the competition isn't that far away from now, and between now and then there's plenty of events happening to keep us busy.

In the meantime, prepare yourselves for possibly the biggest snowstorm this season, and even perhaps potentially in Montreal's history. I'm watching that record from 1970-1971 very carefully.

Trav.

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 15:45:33

Wow Trav, I wasn't aware that it was going to be that serious a snow storm. I have a co-worker who is going to be in Ontario, around Niagara Falls, and the weather report that he read told him to be prepared for as much as 50cm.

Anyway, if you plan on writing a report about the coming storm on the forums I will be glad to read it - if not, no problem, do not feel obliged, but prepare yourself too, my friend - I've come to understand that you're not a big fan of snow

Tyler

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 18:35:39

Hi TRae,

Actually, you read my mind - I was just going to post an analysis outlining this big storm in the weather thread. It is worth talking about given its sheer size and moisture content in addition to the amount of snow it is expected to deliver over Eastern Canada.

Well, all I can say here is that your co-worker read correctly - Niagara Falls and most of the Southern tip of the Golden Horseshoe region of Ontario could see as much as 40-50 cm of snow by the end of early Sunday. I've seen some footage from the Niagara area, and it's coming down like crazy there.

And you're correct, I'm not a fan of the snow at all - in fact, you probably won't find a bigger Winter hater out there than me (just ask Enkil).

Trav.

Posted: Apr 2, 2008 22:23:13

I wonder if we'll get a video for both March and April...Meh, either way, the fireworks competition is well coming up soon, and all the anticipation is coming up this month, May and most of June. I really don't want the competition to come and start too quickly, though.

Cheers,

Trav.

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 01:07:12

it would be great if we get some new videos soon hehe! any updates on when we might get new videos??

vander

Page loading time (sec.): 0.022