Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Festival Montreal en Lumière 2008
Last poster Message

Posted: Feb 11, 2008 21:28:39

Hello all,

I was just looking at the website for the Montreal Highlights festival and, as it was mentioned on this board, after the Fire on Ice displays, the Highlights Festival has fireworks shows as well.

From what I can tell, there are displays scheduled for 8 pm on Saturday, February 23rd and the following week, March 1st.

As well, there will be "Urban Fireworks" on the 21st of February and "The Big Bang (pyrotechnics and mascletas)" on February 22nd and 29th.

Does anybody plan on attending or know what to expect of these events?

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 13:45:10

Hey TRae,

Yeah, I remember when this event was mentioned around the time following the Fire on Ice displays. I can't say as to whether I'll go or not, as I am very weather dependant in the Winter, especially with the way this Winter, in particular, has been going. If the temperatures are close to or above freezing, I may as well consider it, but we'll see when the time comes, I suppose. However, I see that there will be mascletas taking place on the 22nd of February - I've always wanted to see those live because of all the noise associated with them, but again we shall see!

Thanks for the news!

Trav.

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 11:12:32

Hello,

Did anybody make it out to the display on Saturday night? I'm curious to know how it was and if it's worth rearranging plans to make it out this coming weekend to catch the "All-Nighter" Fireworks.

Tyler

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 15:53:40   Edited by: Enkil

Oh yeah! I completely forgot about mascletas. I really want to see that mascletas show.

A few years, reloadable shell wrote a review about it(http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/forum/index.php?action=vthread&to pic=535&forum=4&page=-1). Did anyone go last Friday?

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 18:02:03

Yeah, I already knew about it, but unfortunately there was no way I could have made it there anyway. I hope someone was able to attend to give us a little summary of the event. As Enkil also mentioned, I do remember that extensive explanation from Jerome (reloadable shell) about mascletas - that's how I learned about them.

Anyhow, seeing as how there's no updates, I guess nobody made it.

Trav.

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 23:57:50   Edited by: Smoke

Hey guys,

Actually, I have just spoken to Pierre (SalutesLover) via email, and he did mention that he attended the display back on Saturday. According to him, the display lasted for about 10 minutes and he did state that it was nothing like the Fire on Ice displays, though still entertaining nevertheless! He may attend the one next Friday as well.

I've encouraged Pierre to share his little experience in full of that display with us, so I'm hopeful that he will do so in the coming days.

Edit: And I hope everyone's geared up for the snowstorm starting later tomorrow - about 15-20 cm is the general amount expected among models.

Trav.

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 05:08:32

Just to note the masceletas are on Friday 22nd and Friday 29th, not Saturday. I didn't make it last week as I was flying back from California but I will be there this Friday.

There are, however, fireworks on Saturday 23rd and Saturday 1st March.

Paul.

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 09:28:22   Edited by: Smoke

I would have liked to make it there this coming weekend, but that's a no-go since I'm liable to handing in two huge assignments in the next week, as well as preparing for a midterm coming up.

Anyhow, just to continue with my countdown, 116 days, 12 hours and 32 mins until the start of the competition. It feels like forever since I've seen a display.

Take care,

Trav.

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 12:09:29

I went to the "grande petard" last night at 8pm in the Old Port. I must say it was a very enjoyable 5 minute masceleta as advertised with lots of mines, salutes and genuine Valencian-style suspended salutes. The only downside is that the site was not optimal for a noise spectacle as there weren't enough buildings close by to concentrate the sound - plus the masceleta was behind the stage so was difficult to really see. All that said, it was a fun way to spend a cold winter's evening.

Paul.

Posted: Oct 13, 2008 19:51:50

Yeah ! Mascleta its a good part of this events, i probably work to the next mtl en lumière event Mascleta, I loving it

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019