Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Sad news: death of Georges Lamon
Last poster Message

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 11:04:02

I've just received the very sad news that Georges Lamon, longtime reporter of the Montreal Fireworks competition (he witnessed every single display held in the competition at La Ronde) has just died.

Please give a moments silence for this veteran of the competition.

His most recent critiques can be found here: http://pages.videotron.com/glamon

With great sadness,

Paul.

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 12:13:12

Thanks for passing on the information to us, Paul. Was there anything as to what was the cause of death?

In any case, R.I.P, Georges.

Trav.

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 13:18:25

Merci, Paul. Cette annonce est une triste nouvelle pour la communauté de fidèles du Concours international d'art pyrotechnique de Montréal. Georges Lamon était une mémoire vivante de la compétition. Il était à La Ronde tous les soirs de feux d'artifice, beau temps, mauvais temps. Cette annonce touchera des artificiers à travers le monde qui ont connu M. Lamon au cours des 23 dernières années.

Sincères condoléances à la famille,

Fred

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 15:15:27

I haven't yet heard what the cause of death was nor when the funeral will be. I'll post more news when I have it.

Georges will be very sorely missed by everyone who was involved in the competition.

Paul.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 15:04:19   Edited by: fireworksforum

Georges' funeral arrangements have been announced with a message on his website: http://pages.videotron.com/glamon

It will take place on Tuesday 25th at l'église Saint-Athanase, 500, 1ère Rue, Iberville at 2pm. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend.

Georges died of prostate cancer.

Paul.

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 23:28:35

RIP

I hope they will honor his memory for the closing ceremony

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 16:08:42

I have a feeling that they will. I also believe that there will be some coverage on the radio station probably moments before the French display begins on the 21st of June.

Trav.

Posted: Mar 27, 2008 20:39:55

Truly sad news. May he rest in peace and may his fuse be eternally lit.

Dan

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019