Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Special visitors at my Canada Day show
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 29, 2009 19:38:04   Edited by: fireworksforum

I did my first pyromusical show for the Knowlton Canada Day celebrations last night - and was very lucky the weather turned out to be perfect, despite the forecast.

I was especially thrilled that 25% of this year's Montreal competitors turnout out to watch my show ... Mike Jones of Pains and Yanick Roy of Royal (my co-designer for the show) were there It was a humbling experience to be in the presence of such top pyrotechnic talent, especially the night after Mike's fantastic show for Pains in the competition.

I'll post a video at some point (though there's editing to do as we were rather close to film effectively) - and I also have to finish my report on Pains' display first.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 08:30:24

Paul, I just watched the video of your display. Congratulations! You didn't mention that in addition to Mike and Yanick, Michel Lacroix was also involved in this display, though he doesn't know it, I guess!

Seriously, it was a very good display. Your inspiration was obviously related to La Ronde (from the introduction with Vangelis' Chariots of Fire and Foster's Winter Games, to some music already chosen in Luso, Foti and Pains displays). I would have like to see Mike's face as the circular set of gerbs came into life with "Here comes the sun"! Nice cakes of bombettes on this segment. Waterfall and shells of glittering stars on "Je reviendrai à Montréal" were also very appropriate.

I hope you will have more opportunities to design such pyromusical shows. Thank you for sharing this one with us.

Fred

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 08:59:57

Paul, I just watched the video of your display. Congratulations! You didn't mention that in addition to Mike and Yanick, Michel Lacroix was also involved in this display, though he doesn't know it, I guess!
Don't give away too many secrets there Fred. I'll post the video for everyone to see when I get the final version from my friend who was filming with two cameras ... as well as give a full list of credits to the crew who worked so hard ... at least one of which is a regular poster here. All will be revealed later!

Paul.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 12:40:24

Where can I watch the video ? Thanks!

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 12:47:31

Where can I watch the video ? Thanks!
It's not "officially" uploaded yet - I sent an interim version to one or two people but am waiting for a better version that was filmed with two cameras which I will upload as soon as I have it - probably early next week.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 04:19:01

Is the video up yet, very curious to see what a critic can produce.

Maybe you can be a design consultant for entrants?

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 07:08:31

Is the video up yet, very curious to see what a critic can produce.

Maybe you can be a design consultant for entrants?

Still being edited - I'll put it up as soon as it's done. When it is up it has to be viewed with the knowledge that there's very much a finite budget for that kind of show - so it's a very different approach than would be used in the Montreal competition. The audience did seem to enjoy it though!

As for being a design consultant, I've certainly seen a lot of shows and I think I have a good feeling for what works and what doesn't so I'm always open to offers

Paul.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.026