Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Awards 2009: special tribute to Michael Jackson
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 13:44:46

L’International des Feux Loto-Québec presented by TELUS will pay a special tribute
to Michael Jackson

Montréal, Monday, July 6, 2009 – On August 22, L’International des Feux Loto-Québec presented by TELUS will honour Michael Jackson’s memory by adding a five- to ten-minute pyrotechnics “painting” of the King of Pop’s musical repertoire to the Jupiter Awards Ceremony.

For La Ronde and its President Marc Tremblay, this initiative is primarily a way of highlighting the artist’s tremendous contribution to music and of acknowledging the significance of his achievements, so often used over the past 25 years during the Concours international d’art pyrotechnique de Montréal.

To ensure that the commemoration is a fitting one, Michael Jackson’s music will be played at the Jardin des Étoiles and La Ronde will transform its open-sky dance floor into a 1980s disco featuring the star’s most popular melodies.

Entry to the Place d’animation and reserved seating for the special event will be free of charge. Members of the general public who wish to see the show and learn the identity of the competition’s winners need only a valid day or season pass to La Ronde. Those who purchase a ticket for any one of the competition’s pyrotechnic displays will be able to buy a pass for the evening at a cost of $10. If not, access to La Ronde will be offered at a special price of $24.95 after 5:00 p.m. (and $19.95 with a Coke product or at www.laronde.com).

Posted: Jul 7, 2009 00:29:33

Thanks for the information, Paul.

As I mentioned 11 days ago on this forum, I had a feeling there would be something held at our competition providing a tribute to Michael Jackson. I also still firmly believe that an entrant for next season (2010) will dedicate a performance solely revolving around the King of Pop and in honor of all his work in the realm of music over the years. I'd really like to take the opportunity to go to La Ronde that evening (the 22nd of August), especially since I'm a big fan of his music and 80s disco.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020