Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› New Canadian general forum for pyros
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 12:37:52

There's a new forum, http://www.fireworkstalk.ca , for everyone involved in fireworks in Canada. Feel free to join and introduce yourselves. I'm not associated with the site, but I am a member.

Paul.

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 02:01:52

Hey there Paul,

I have recently signed up. And I must admit....this site is much much more enjoyable and I feel much more welcome here. Not only that this site has introduced me to interesting people like Trav and Paul and Enkil and Mylène and the dozens more, but it's also taught me more about how fireworks work, what was used and many more ideal things!

Also mentioning, that as of August 22nd 2009, I help setup displays for an Italian firm outside of Montreal (part time). Basically what I do is cover the mortars, and help setup the racks and mortars for the display. I am not allowed to become a full-time employee, and I am not allowed to load the mortars with fireworks (due to the strict laws, explaining I must be 18). As I mentioned in last years post, from what I explained my uncle was a pyrotechnician for Fixx, in Montreal, which is no longer a fireworks firm anymore from what I was told, I help him in doing this job. It is quite fun and the pay is quite low, but for my age, what do you expect. And I will remind you all that I turned 15 in May, allowing me to get a job. So for those who thought I was 12 or such....I wouldn't stand a chance to get a job.I figured after working at Tim Hortons during the winter and spring, I finally decided to go for fireworks. But I have also mentioned I'm not only doing that, but I am a professional musician (meaning I've played music since I was 4 and play better than all the musicians in my school who play the same instrument as me).

Paul, in no way, is that site better than here. This site is by far my favorite site, and I'd say it again and again! .

Pat

Page loading time (sec.): 0.087